Food & Drink #8 I like ALL the things

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We also had 2 of the Vengaboys (a man dressed as a sailor and a woman in gold lycra) and Chesney Hawkes - who tried to sing some of his newer songs, but everyone kept bellowing 'the one and only' at him until he got into a huff, threw his microphone on the floor and stormed off stage :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: poor man should have realised a room full of drunk students wasn't the best time to try and be a 'serious arteeest'

ETA - sounds like we went to similar kind of unis - I could only afford the tickets for uni events due to my evenings moonlighting as a fluffy Russian - am forever in Vlad's debt
Why do they make it so expensive - it's not as if they have to pay to rent out space, and you buy drinks there ffs! As you're actually funny I imagine your experience at such a uni was similar to mine hahaha !

Also don't want to make the thread filth but Karl was too old to be sleeping with someone in a single bed that's screwed into the floor & donning a mattress protector to save you from the decades of filth before you. Also the older man's...aubergine...is very different so poor girl :( !

• Haha
Reactions: 20
This thread is giving me life this morning!

The Tuxedo Princess and uni ball reminiscences... perfect! At my uni, each college (🔺) had its own ball and I managed to attend several for free by signing up to serve drinks for an hour. Not exactly a tough gig.

I’m wracking my brain trying to remember any sex pest special guests but am drawing a blank. I did meet Alan Titchmarsh, Vinnie Jones and Richard Whiteley off Countdown at the union though. Lots of former students who are now Tory MPs (even more 🔺) used to hang around there too, despite having graduated a looooooong time ago. I was entirely oblivious to them but my boyfriend at the time used to get very excited as he was a full on Tory boy 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 11
We also had 2 of the Vengaboys (a man dressed as a sailor and a woman in gold lycra) and Chesney Hawkes - who tried to sing some of his newer songs, but everyone kept bellowing 'the one and only' at him until he got into a huff, threw his microphone on the floor and stormed off stage :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: poor man should have realised a room full of drunk students wasn't the best time to try and be a 'serious arteeest'

ETA - sounds like we went to similar kind of unis - I could only afford the tickets for uni events due to my evenings moonlighting as a fluffy Russian - am forever in Vlad's debt
Ooh, we had Chesney Hawkes as well! And the crowd was exactly the same, yelling for 'the one and only' while he determinedly sang about 20 other covers. He didn't storm off stage though, so maybe he'd learnt a lesson from your gig. Bless 'im.

Karl was too old to be sleeping with someone in a single bed that's screwed into the floor & donning a mattress protector to save you from the decades of filth before you.
Freshers year so beautifully summed up there. I can still feel the plasticky mattress and broken springs.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Ooh, we had Chesney Hawkes as well! And the crowd was exactly the same, yelling for 'the one and only' while he determinedly sang about 20 other covers. He didn't storm off stage though, so maybe he'd learnt a lesson from your gig. Bless 'im.
Same! He did one of our end of year Union nights...didn’t storm off despite us all yelling for The One and Only to be sung.

We also had three members of S Club 7 turn up, Jo and two of the guys. They were so tit it wasn’t even funny.

• Haha
I went to a Beer Festival about 25 years ago & saw Chas but not Dave. The collective disappointment was palpable..

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
Same! He did one of our end of year Union nights...didn’t storm off despite us all yelling for The One and Only to be sung.

We also had three members of S Club 7 turn up, Jo and two of the guys. They were so tit it wasn’t even funny.
Jo had such an aggressive energy even as a child she kind of scared me 😂 Does anyone else recall a documentary they did where it turned out they’d been majorly shafted and “only” earnt £180k each? I know it’s a huge sum of money but they did a lot for a good few years so pretty bad.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I was starting to regret not going to uni and missing out on random celeb encounters but it sounds like they were all sex pests so probably best I didn’t go 😂
The only celeb I’ve met is Lee Evans. Oh and I saw the “I don’t believe it” guy on the train. The glamour!

• Haha
We had a club on a moored boat where I live too but no revolving dance floor and it wasn’t a sex club 😂

I can’t remember much of my freshers ball thanks to the joy of cheap jäger. If Karl was there I probably would’ve tried it on though 😉

• Haha
We had a Right Said Fred tribute act. Not even the real ones. Cheapskate Uni.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
My Mum saw Bobby Ball at Southend pier once, he was ordering some chips & moaning loudly about them not having any gravy.
I can't confirm however that he 'slapped his braces' but in my heart, that's how I like to think the scene played out.

• Haha
  • Heart
Back in my day, if you can still remember Freshers, you weren't doing it correctly. I don't remember much of it at all!

These days, Freshers is all about making sure you carry your branded water bottle around, drink copious amounts of fancy coffees and cycling enough on the juice bike to power it to make you a free smoothie.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Back in my day, if you can still remember Freshers, you weren't doing it correctly. I don't remember much of it at all!

These days, Freshers is all about making sure you carry your branded water bottle around, drink copious amounts of fancy coffees and cycling enough on the juice bike to power it to make you a free smoothie.
Tbf my freshers year was mostly a blur.

Reactions: 10
We didn't have a freshers ball but we had a big kind of party at the student union with very cheap drinks. I pulled a young man who I drunkenly thought looked like Rob Newman from The Mary Whitehouse Experience and ended up spending the night in his room in halls. Went straight to a lecture the next morning (having discovered on waking that he didn't really look much like Rob Newman at all) covered in the Strawberry Mad Dog 20/20 that I'd spilled down myself and had to leave halfway through to be sick. I have always been a classy lady.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
sadly, it's long gone. 😢

ee, that's cool that our paths may have crossed! I *know* I had many deep and meaningful chats in the toilets and corridors, but I cannot recall a single person I spoke to, due to large amounts of WKD 🙃
I'm sure I would have shared my mascara with you in the loos. Anyway, you are amazing. I love you. duck that guy. You are strong and fabulous.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
At our Fresher's we had....drum roll please...Calvin from Hollyoaks.
wwhat did he do? perform a hollyoaks monologue on stage? 😂

chesney hawkes would probably be better off just performing the one and only overand over for his whole set tbh 😂

We didn't have a freshers ball but we had a big kind of party at the student union with very cheap drinks. I pulled a young man who I drunkenly thought looked like Rob Newman from The Mary Whitehouse Experience and ended up spending the night in his room in halls. Went straight to a lecture the next morning (having discovered on waking that he didn't really look much like Rob Newman at all) covered in the Strawberry Mad Dog 20/20 that I'd spilled down myself and had to leave halfway through to be sick. I have always been a classy lady.
i remember once in first year atthe end pf term and a particularly heavy night wondering if anyone would notive if I was sick into my bag during an exam 😂

• Haha
I’m now having hilarious but cringe flash backs to uni. Does anyone remember ‘corkys’? They were vodka (I think) shots that came in an array of awful flavours. However I misheard and forever called them ‘corgies’ - one of my friends only drunkenly corrected me in third year. I was mortified that I’d been mispronouncing it for so long but I guess the bar staff either didn’t notice and/or were used to translating pissed student parlance.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.