Food & Drink #8 I like ALL the things

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Back a long time ago I went to a rugby club ball at Bristol polytechnic. A guest there was Andrew Ridgley (x Wham, for the youngsters).
He ended up getting off with a woman, had sex in the toilet.
She sold her story to the Sun.

• Wow
Reactions: 12
@Mustard just want to say thank you for the cottage cheese influencing yesterday! The old ball and chain had to do errands this morning so I asked if he’d kindly go to Asda to buy me some Langley cottage cheese and he did.
Ate it on toast with marmite and avocado and it was tres nice.

ETA: Here is a boring picture of my lunch. Plenty of black pepper, y’all.
Glad you liked it! I think Asda also does more flavours like chive and pineapple, separately, not together. I like it on toast with hot chilli pepper jelly on top. There was a cafe in Crouch End that used to serve it like that. It’s also good stuffed in a heated pita with chilli jelly or favourite chutney.
My most recent purchase was the red one in this picture. You can buy online or they are available at lots of delis.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
but of course.

oh, for the days when it was 99p in Spoons. I'm getting misty-eyed in my old age here!
they were 3 for 5 qhen i was at uni.. we used to buy 6 at a time and down then.. how i could drink so much liquid is beyond me

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Glad you liked it! I think Asda also does more flavours like chive and pineapple, separately, not together. I like it on toast with hot chilli pepper jelly on top. There was a cafe in Crouch End that used to serve it like that. It’s also good stuffed in a heated pita with chilli jelly or favourite chutney.
Good ideas!

Reactions: 3
We also had 2 of the Vengaboys (a man dressed as a sailor and a woman in gold lycra) and Chesney Hawkes - who tried to sing some of his newer songs, but everyone kept bellowing 'the one and only' at him until he got into a huff, threw his microphone on the floor and stormed off stage :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: poor man should have realised a room full of drunk students wasn't the best time to try and be a 'serious arteeest'

ETA - sounds like we went to similar kind of unis - I could only afford the tickets for uni events due to my evenings moonlighting as a fluffy Russian - am forever in Vlad's debt
I’d of loved the Vengaboys although I’m the family disappointment I didn’t go to uni. I remember being jealous that my sister met Warren off Hollyoaks at hers. I’m sure my brother had Charlotte off Geordie Shore at his, there was definitely something with her because apparently she pissed herself outside Walkabout.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
The Tuxedo Princess! Does it still exist? Our paths may have crossed back in 2000, but I would never remember because drinks were so cheap.
Don’t like to piss on your northern English chips, but somewhere else had a Tuxedo Princess, just sayin 💅🏼

I went to a Beer Festival about 25 years ago & saw Chas but not Dave. The collective disappointment was palpable..
THIS I do not believe!!!! I have been (seriously) to see them about 5 times, my husband is a huge fan. They are proper talented musicians, I do fear that Snooker Loopy does not portray that 😂 RIP Chas, he was the nicest man ever when I met him ❤

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
i just had lasagne for lunch, Friday ready meal treat.

no leeks or horses or fish fingers were harmed 🐴

we're having fish fingers for tea, actually... shoulda just had it all at once, shouldn't i? timesaving, innit.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Oh god, I feel those who came of age during the flavoured shot era deserve some sort of certificate. We often went to Baa Bar - I believe they were a chain (although I can't say for sure as there MAY have been less than 8 locations and as we all know restaurant parlance teaches us this is the threshold for a chain) - and did round after round of sickly, sugary shots of multiple colours :sick:. Def remember Corkys too. And everyone was obsessed with that goldschlager stuff that had REALGOLDOMG 💅 in it and tasted of cinnamon.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Oh god, I feel those who came of age during the flavoured shot era deserve some sort of certificate. We often went to Baa Bar - I believe they were a chain (although I can't say for sure as there MAY have been less than 8 locations and as we all know restaurant parlance teaches us this is the threshold for a chain) - and did round after round of sickly, sugary shots of multiple colours :sick:. Def remember Corkys too. And everyone was obsessed with that goldschlager stuff that had REALGOLDOMG 💅 in it and tasted of cinnamon.
god overshare, but I remember in first year after a night with loads of those awful flavoured shots being sick on my matress (vile I know) and the colour... :sick: no wonder i never do shots now :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Goldschlager- when everyone said that the gold cut your throat a tiny bit so the alcohol would make you drunker. I believed that for years 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Revolution used to serve (and may well still, tbf — I've not been in years) a delicious birthday cake flavoured shot. As you say, it was sickly-sweet and sugary, but god I thought it was sublime.

god overshare, but I remember in first year after a night with loads of those awful flavoured shots being sick on my matress (vile I know) and the colour... :sick: no wonder i never do shots now :LOL:
An old flatmate drank too much Baileys one night (fancy!) and was sick out the window. We had a rather off-putting brown stain down the outside wall for months.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
Don’t like to piss on your northern English chips, but somewhere else had a Tuxedo Princess, just sayin 💅🏼

THIS I do not believe!!!! I have been (seriously) to see them about 5 times, my husband is a huge fan. They are proper talented musicians, I do fear that Snooker Loopy does not portray that 😂 RIP Chas, he was the nicest man ever when I met him ❤
One of my dear old Dads favourites too❤ Sorry to have to say this is 100% true, I would disclose where this travesty occurred but, you know🔺️

We had one imaginatively called "The Vodka Bar" that sold a disgusting array of sugary, nightmare fuel in shots. I vaguely remember an evening that involved numerous pints of snake bite then hitting the 'creme egg' vodka before being violently (but colourfully) ill into the pocket of a pool table😳

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Sick on your mattress omg 😂 I needed this giggle ty, triangulation alert but now my sister (and baby’s great grandad) and now MIL are in lockdown areas, other sister is local but works in care so won’t risk coming over, just really resentful that this is still going on as it’s depriving baby of so much. Not gonna touch baby groups with a barge pole now r is over 1 either.

Also on flavoured shots - they were always on offer which suggests they knew no one actually wanted them, so why did they keep producing them? Apple sourz 😷

• Heart
Sick on your mattress omg 😂 I needed this giggle ty, triangulation alert but now my sister (and baby’s great grandad) and now MIL are in lockdown areas, other sister is local but works in care so won’t risk coming over, just really resentful that this is still going on as it’s depriving baby of so much. Not gonna touch baby groups with a barge pole now r is over 1 either.

Also on flavoured shots - they were always on offer which suggests they knew no one actually wanted them, so why did they keep producing them? Apple sourz 😷
worst thing was, i turned it over, but it happened again later in the year. My mum came to pick me up at the end of the year (I was severly hungover and hadn't packed ANYTHING. she helped me, took hours which as you can imagine was hell). she saw the matress and was like omg I'm going to turn it over... was worse on other side :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: the look on her face.... The frustrating thing about that is I (and most people I know) have been so careful to avoid another lockdown, and selfish people like so many influencers have flouted the rules and caused a second wave, as if they are above everyone else.

• Haha
just really resentful that this is still going on as it’s depriving baby of so much. Not gonna touch baby groups with a barge pole now r is over 1 either.
I know it seems like that but honestly - your baby doenst give a duck - they just want you and you’re enough. It’s tit for you and your family because 2020 is the WORST. But your baby is FINE and not being deprived. Promise. Can’t imagine how hard it must be with a small one right now. Xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Also don't want to make the thread filth but Karl was too old to be sleeping with someone in a single bed that's screwed into the floor & donning a mattress protector to save you from the decades of filth before you. Also the older man's...aubergine...is very different so poor girl :( !
I am still laughing now at the phrase ‘older man’s...aubergine...’ - has had me hooting randomly all afternoon 😂. Thank you.

• Haha
OT but I am deciding what to make for dinner, I have some frozen ( defrosted) fish (coley) I need to use, usually I would do it in a tomato/olive sauce but my partner hates tomato :rolleyes: any suggestions?

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Ah bless, heretoreadit, such a shame that your little one is missing out on time with the extended family. A vastly different experience to what you'd been imagining six months ago, I'm sure. Do hope you all get to see each other before too long!

• Heart
I know it seems like that but honestly - your baby doenst give a duck - they just want you and you’re enough. It’s tit for you and your family because 2020 is the WORST. But your baby is FINE and not being deprived. Promise. Can’t imagine how hard it must be with a small one right now. Xxx
Agree with this...you are the centre of her universe. But it’s still f’ing hard on you - just in terms of motherhood/parenthood is hard enough and not having other adults on hand just to give you a breather is tough. Completely get the resentment - not to derail Covid wise but why in life do the irresponsible few have to ruin it for the rest of us? :confused:

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Goldschlager- when everyone said that the gold cut your throat a tiny bit so the alcohol would make you drunker. I believed that for years 😂
Oh god I remember thinking Goldschlager was so fancy 😂

We drank a lot of vodka mudshake, Smirnoff ice and apple sourz. No wonder I don’t drink now with that combo!

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.