Food & Drink #8 I like ALL the things

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm so curious which station @crystaleyesd, but I don't want to look like I'm stalking the real you, so I shall just say *yay*. That's very exciting stuff!
I really don't mind if fraus on F&D know who I am cos you're all sound ❤ - it's on ABC (I guess the equivalent to the BBC) on sunday morning.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Fraus, just got a request to be on Australian national radio! Steeling myself up to accept - I've never done anything like this before, so I'm getting visions of me blurting out a 'thanks very Matt much, Matt' or HOOTING maniacally. Actually, it's not a bad idea to go and watch some JM - *nobody* could be as bad as her, surely :ROFLMAO:
Congrats @crystaleyesd ! I was on national news many, many moons ago when I got my A Level results and managed to say I was studying "Caths at Mardiff University" (changed the institution I actually studied at and my degree for 🔺 purposes). They still aired it 🤦🏻‍♀️ I won't be pitching my TV show to Cactus any time soon...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Good shout! He was a little bit delayed with his fine motor skills, so it may help him feel supported. Bless him, he has a speech issue which has shown to have an impact on literacy. Had hoped it wouldnt happen to him 😩
My middle son struggled with fine motor skills, he uses one of these at school which helps him a lot:

You can get pens or pencils in the range and there are right and left handed options.

My son also dislikes writing with a passion! He has a speech issue (DLD) too which I don't think helps matters.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I know a lady who has light grey hair and she changes her hair up with temporary pastel colours and it looks fab! I'm hoping when the time comes my hair is also light grey so i can do temporary colours.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
My middle son struggled with fine motor skills, he uses one of these at school which helps him a lot:

You can get pens or pencils in the range and there are right and left handed options.

My son also dislikes writing with a passion! He has a speech issue (DLD) too which I don't think helps matters.
I have wondered if it was DLD that he has, his issues are around phonology and articulation primarily. There are links to dyslexia as well, with fussy eating/texture issues apparently being a factor; and he is lethal with food! The wait for SALT help was diabolical before covid. I dread to think how bad it is now. My youngest has learned all those incorrect speech patterns from him as well, so its both boys that will need support 😩

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
Mine struggled with friendships at school when she was small but she’s a girl and they do get a bit snatchy and giving each other a hard time! I don’t think telling them off or explanations work at that age they’re just not interested but if they can exchange the slightest bit of good behaviour for a reward for themselves they’re all over that tit 😂
I agree, I think my daughter only really starting having true friendships from about year 4 onwards - playdates used to be a real pain because it would be my job to keep them entertained. My daughter was also a very...intense...5 year old and is now the most chilled out kid you will ever meet. I used to worry all the time about her being the left out one when she was younger but then you realise that all parents worry about that!

Also @Begborrowsteal I bet your 5 year old is super cute, the cheekiest ones always are!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I agree, I think my daughter only really starting having true friendships from about year 4 onwards - playdates used to be a real pain because it would be my job to keep them entertained. My daughter was also a very...intense...5 year old and is now the most chilled out kid you will ever meet. I used to worry all the time about her being the left out one when she was younger but then you realise that all parents worry about that!

Also @Begborrowsteal I bet your 5 year old is super cute, the cheekiest ones always are!
My 5yr old is a sweetheart! My 4yr old.. 😈 but the cutest little gobshite ever 😂 he will get away with a lot because he can make you belly laugh!

• Haha
  • Heart
Waist length Frau. For all those suffering with straw/tangles, Argan oil, only need tiny amount. No split ends, no conditioner required.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Fraus, just got a request to be on Australian national radio! Steeling myself up to accept - I've never done anything like this before, so I'm getting visions of me blurting out a 'thanks very Matt much, Matt' or HOOTING maniacally. Actually, it's not a bad idea to go and watch some JM - *nobody* could be as bad as her, surely :ROFLMAO:
That's amazing, well done you! You must be feeling very accomplished.

My boyfriend was interviewed by his local radio station when he was 10, but for some unknown reason told the presenters he was 5. So they kept going on about how well-spoken he was for his age 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Fraus, I need some advice from more experienced Mums. My 5yr old is already becoming disruptive in class. He was sent out yesterday 😩 He is struggling with the work; he loves reading but cannot stand writing. He struggles with it, gets upset, then distracts others by making them laugh (instant gratification for something hes good at). Hes been targeting his friend, who now doesnt want to sit or play with him 😩

He is a very sweet natured boy, but his behaviour has been infuriating recently. I know the cause, hes overwhelmed & lacking confidence.. what can I do to help him??
Obvious question- have you spoken to his teacher? If so what are her suggestions to help him with writing and feeling more confident in this area?

If I was his teacher I would give him a break from formal writing and let him make sounds/letters another way (play dough, magnetic letters etc).
Is he young for the school year, ie a summer baby? Boys mature slower than girls generally.

Unfortunately there are are a lot of pressures on teachers for their pupils to “perform “ and achieve bloody targets.
He is only 5 and IMO shouldn’t be pressurised.
Hope my input is of some use.

• Heart
My boyfriend was interviewed by his local radio station when he was 10, but for some unknown reason told the presenters he was 5. So they kept going on about how well-spoken he was for his age 😅
That’s so funny @MarmiteExtract 😂

@crystaleyesd fair dinkum to ya!

I’m another too thick and curly haired Frau. My neck is permanently boiling! My children have loads of hair too, we are like the Hair Bear Bunch!

@Begborrowsteal we’ve had such a hard time with my daughter around reading and writing. We are paying privately and getting a dyslexia assessment done this week. She is 9 and as sharp as a tack but no confidence on school work and a few issues. It’s so difficult being a parent ❤❤

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Good shout! He was a little bit delayed with his fine motor skills, so it may help him feel supported. Bless him, he has a speech issue which has shown to have an impact on literacy. Had hoped it wouldnt happen to him 😩
Just seen this post. The school should be giving extra help if he has problems with fine motor skills and speech problems. You could request he goes onto the Special Needs register, it’s not scary, usually means working in a small group for literacy skills.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Thick and wavy haired Frau here - and not looking so great in this humidity...

Waited way to long to go out for my lunch break, my fave Falafel place was shut, the deli selling ham and manchego baguettes had sold out so I had to settle for this falafel pitta which sadly only gets 2/5. Falafels too salty, not enough pickles, needs some crunchy cabbage and no chilli sauce in a falafel wrap is CRIMINAL imo. Feel very strongly about falafel wraps. Also red peppers and lettuce leaves have no business being there ever!

Attachments

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
I gave up dying my hair at the start of lockdown as my hair grows stupidly quick so felt like I couldn’t keep on top of it and also I just couldn’t be bothered as we weren’t going anywhere! Following a couple of post lockdown hair cuts a lot of the dyed colour has gone (🔺 I did have a fair bit cut off to take it to a Bob style with the first post lockdown hair cut 🔺). Though I’ve had a lot of grey come through it’s mixed with my natural brown hair colour so looks ok. I figured if I grew out the dyed stuff I’d at least have a blank canvas of sorts to start from if I don’t like it or want to change it. So I’d say go for it as you could always go back to the dye if you don’t like it.
I grew out the hair dye a year or two ago, its now 50% dark blonde and 50% mother natures silvery highlights. I am glad I did it cos I got fed up with the hair dye routine. I am tempted to try a pastel but not sure if the mix of natural colour would work. I also seem to be having a frustrating reaction to menopause, my hairline is growing in tight, tight curls, if all of it were the same, great! fine! but no, the rest a bit of a wave, or very soft curl at most,but not like the hairline which has the appearance of pubes. On. My Hairline, that refuse to be straightened. the thing is the top layer of hair on my fringe is straight so it appears to levitate over my forehead. Great look :rolleyes: and quite unique.... unfortunately. :giggle:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.