Food & Drink #8 I like ALL the things

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m another thick haired frau. It used to be bum length but got cut to above elbow length hoping it’d be easier to manage - it wasn’t. Currently in half bleached purgatory, wondering whether full blonde is worth the effort

Somehow fell down a rabbit hole of TikToks featuring girls with hair like this

I’m fascinated. Taking care of it all must be like a part time job!
Imagine how amazing itd feel after a hair cut! That feeling of lightness just after a cut is bliss!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Fraus, just got a request to be on Australian national radio! Steeling myself up to accept - I've never done anything like this before, so I'm getting visions of me blurting out a 'thanks very Matt much, Matt' or HOOTING maniacally. Actually, it's not a bad idea to go and watch some JM - *nobody* could be as bad as her, surely :ROFLMAO:

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Fraus, I need some advice from more experienced Mums. My 5yr old is already becoming disruptive in class. He was sent out yesterday 😩 He is struggling with the work; he loves reading but cannot stand writing. He struggles with it, gets upset, then distracts others by making them laugh (instant gratification for something hes good at). Hes been targeting his friend, who now doesnt want to sit or play with him 😩

He is a very sweet natured boy, but his behaviour has been infuriating recently. I know the cause, hes overwhelmed & lacking confidence.. what can I do to help him??

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 20
I’m another thick haired frau. It used to be bum length but got cut to above elbow length hoping it’d be easier to manage - it wasn’t. Currently in half bleached purgatory, wondering whether full blonde is worth the effort

Somehow fell down a rabbit hole of TikToks featuring girls with hair like this

I’m fascinated. Taking care of it all must be like a part time job!
How did you get a video of @GrunkaLunka ?

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Fraus, I need some advice from more experienced Mums. My 5yr old is already becoming disruptive in class. He was sent out yesterday 😩 He is struggling with the work; he loves reading but cannot stand writing. He struggles with it, gets upset, then distracts others by making them laugh (instant gratification for something hes good at). Hes been targeting his friend, who now doesnt want to sit or play with him 😩

He is a very sweet natured boy, but his behaviour has been infuriating recently. I know the cause, hes overwhelmed & lacking confidence.. what can I do to help him??
oh bless him, it’s all overwhelming. I’d go positive reinforcement with a structured reward chart xx

• Heart
Reactions: 12
My niece, who's 15, has hair below her bottom now. My sister-in-law was never allowed to grow hers that long as a child, so has said niece can grow it as long as she wants if she takes care of it properly. It looks amazing.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
oh bless him, it’s all overwhelming. I’d go positive reinforcement with a structured reward chart xx
It’s a big change for them being back at school with such a long break. Bless his cottons.
Agree with Alan - a reward chart for a good day at school, and (if you don’t already) maybe incorporate a line or two of neat handwriting with you into his ‘good’ behaviour. You can do some guides for him and he can copy underneath. I used to do words in dotted lines and then they would write over them, so they would see how the letters form.

Good luck, I know what it’s like. My youngest doesn’t play up, he just dead on refuses to go 🤣

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
I'm a thick, long-haired frau too. I had a pixie-ish cut for a few years and it was so much easier to maintain, and I didn't constantly find massive long hairs everywhere. I do prefer it long, but spend most of my time with it in a pony tail or vague bun like thing. It's rapidly going grey now and I can't decide whether to embrace this (suspect will be iron grey rather than any interesting white colour) or go back to the dye.

I thought that this morning, he had a few wobbles in reception and they brought in a sticker system of green, amber & red for behaviour (for all the class). He seemed to respond well to that. He loves a movie night at home, so ill try that as a reward for a good week and keep track at home.

Breaks my heart that hes finding it tough. Hes a bright kid, and so sweet. Hes 100% irritating when he wants to be, mind 😂 but hes not mean spirited!

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Mine struggled with friendships at school when she was small but she’s a girl and they do get a bit snatchy and giving each other a hard time! I don’t think telling them off or explanations work at that age they’re just not interested but if they can exchange the slightest bit of good behaviour for a reward for themselves they’re all over that tit 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
It’s a big change for them being back at school with such a long break. Bless his cottons.
Agree with Alan - a reward chart for a good day at school, and (if you don’t already) maybe incorporate a line or two of neat handwriting with you into his ‘good’ behaviour. You can do some guides for him and he can copy underneath. I used to do words in dotted lines and then they would write over them, so they would see how the letters form.

Good luck, I know what it’s like. My youngest doesn’t play up, he just dead on refuses to go 🤣
I have some wipeable sheets with letters and his name etc, for him to do. They teach cursive writing from the get go, he hates it and will write in normal capitals 🙃 adding in a line or two as good behaviour is a great idea!

Honestly, my youngest is NUTS. I expect grief from him. In nursery, they had to 'have words' with him 😂🤦🏻‍♀️

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Yeah basically make some easily achievable stuff up for him to get on a roll with the rewards then offer bigger and better prizes for the stuff you actually want him to do 👍🏼

• Heart
Reactions: 10

Shuffles away guiltily, hogging all of the hair in the world.
Same here. Hairdresser has to ‘thin’ it out so to speak. The other half has thick hair too so our son is lucky to have a good thatch - though for the first year had next to no hair (after the initial crop he was born with fell out) so was convinced he’d be bald forever!

Though I’m blessed with thick locks the post pregnancy shedding freaked me out so much so not looking forward to that again - though I appreciate I say this from a position of privilege.

Would happily share my surplus locks with other Frauen if I could.

• Heart
My niece, who's 15, has hair below her bottom now. My sister-in-law was never allowed to grow hers that long as a child, so has said niece can grow it as long as she wants if she takes care of it properly. It looks amazing.
I think part of the reason I'm so stubborn with keeping mine long is that I was never allowed it long as a child. All the other gypsy girls had lovely long hair with pretty accessories in, yet I was always made to have mine cut, which never suited my hair type, nor the fact that I have a fairly big noggin 🙄

So as an adult, I've always had it long, and rarely visit a hairdressers as they often butcher it ☹ It's hard to find a hairdresser that knows how to cut and style thick curly hair properly.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I'm a thick, long-haired frau too. I had a pixie-ish cut for a few years and it was so much easier to maintain, and I didn't constantly find massive long hairs everywhere. I do prefer it long, but spend most of my time with it in a pony tail or vague bun like thing. It's rapidly going grey now and I can't decide whether to embrace this (suspect will be iron grey rather than any interesting white colour) or go back to the dye.
I gave up dying my hair at the start of lockdown as my hair grows stupidly quick so felt like I couldn’t keep on top of it and also I just couldn’t be bothered as we weren’t going anywhere! Following a couple of post lockdown hair cuts a lot of the dyed colour has gone (🔺 I did have a fair bit cut off to take it to a Bob style with the first post lockdown hair cut 🔺). Though I’ve had a lot of grey come through it’s mixed with my natural brown hair colour so looks ok. I figured if I grew out the dyed stuff I’d at least have a blank canvas of sorts to start from if I don’t like it or want to change it. So I’d say go for it as you could always go back to the dye if you don’t like it.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Fraus, just got a request to be on Australian national radio! Steeling myself up to accept - I've never done anything like this before, so I'm getting visions of me blurting out a 'thanks very Matt much, Matt' or HOOTING maniacally. Actually, it's not a bad idea to go and watch some JM - *nobody* could be as bad as her, surely :ROFLMAO:
How exciting! Dare you to end it with 'Let's chuck anotha shrimp on the barbie, mate!'
And you must, MUST begin it with: 'Hi, I'm Crystal Eyes. Author, Doctorate bearer, Lover, Stone-Cold Assassin. Just here, accidentally conquering my fears' ... and then treat them to an acapella version of My Heart Will Go On.

Seriously, that's amazing. Accept it and well done!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.