Food & Drink #8 I like ALL the things

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Another thick-haired, under-cutted frau here, although it has started to fall out alarmingly since the pandemic - in CLUMPS AND HANDFULS I tells you. Is it finally time for my reverse rats tail moment??
Just read this, high five fellow lockdown locks loser 🙏🏼

• Heart
Reactions: 9

Shuffles away guiltily, hogging all of the hair in the world.
Grunka that made me HOOT. There’s me saying I never laugh. My hair is like straw but there’s lots of it so I can’t complain too much. On the early threads we talked about hair wraps and breakage and i’ve been sleeping with it down and it’s made such a difference. It was really hard to get used to but worth it.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Grunking the MT and shout out to @Eurgh who just chimed in with her cry-inducing moment right in the middle of a serious discussion on consent and child privacy :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Another thick-haired, under-cutted frau here, although it has started to fall out alarmingly since the pandemic - in CLUMPS AND HANDFULS I tells you. Is it finally time for my reverse rats tail moment??
Nooooooo, it is never time for a reverse rats tail!

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Oh you soppy lot. Do not, under any circumstances watch this: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0109120/
We used to watch Andre every year and even thinking about it makes me get misty eyed, that and War Horse and Black Beauty.

I have a little bit of positive news after so long of not being able to work, I've been plugging away at my mosaics and putting them on Facebook and have a massive commission! A woman that the current Mr. Rebel did some building work for is buying a house near here and wants some massive Gaudi-inspired work done, it's just the sort of thing that I love.
omg this was my favvvvvv childhood film. i was desperate to have a seal as a pet 😂 and used to always wear backward caps (cringe) to emulate her

• Haha
  • Heart
I have an undercut at the nape, id love to do more but im too much of a pussy 😂. Id actually love to shave my whole head tbh. I have lovely hair (its thick, lots of it and healthy), but im too lazy and impatient to do anything with it. Its always up in a bun because its so hot & heavy!
My hair is generally always in a bun too, it's thick, wavy and bum length and I get hot and irritated with it. Too stubborn to get it cut though, plus it doesn't tend to work well if I have a lot of length taken off (think lampshade head).

Grunka that made me HOOT. There’s me saying I never laugh. My hair is like straw but there’s lots of it so I can’t complain too much. On the early threads we talked about hair wraps and breakage and i’ve been sleeping with it down and it’s made such a difference. It was really hard to get used to but worth it.
If you have lots of hair, sleeping with it in a pineapple, so a ponytail on top of your head can be helpful. Looks daft, but means you don't lay on the lengths of it, so it doesn't rough up/knot up so much overnight.

Reactions: 10
My hair is quite fine, but there's enough of it. I tend to pull bits out though, especially when it gets long. So that's fun 😑. I'd have it cut really short again (last time she used a #2 clipper in the back, it felt great!) but it's much more upkeep than having it long enough to tie up out of the way!

I was just talking to the OH about Chris Evans reply to his dick pic. He told me again about his old colleague who worked on the set; they went on the piss together and sniffing. The colleague was a liability, and got so drunk that he pissed on Caps toothbrush 😂🤦🏻‍♀️🤮

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
Also fine haired frau! I cut about 3 inches off with beard trimmers the other day and it’s freed me of all the problems I was getting with dryness / tangles, the ends were proper rat tails 😷 It looks so much thicker and healthier now tbh, should have done it months ago!

• Wow
Reactions: 12
Thick poofy haired frau here! Think Mia Thermopolis, pre-makeover 🙈 And when I brush it out it goes super poofy, virtually anti-gravity 😬

@Begborrowsteal @Nottonightbabe Babes, same - always have it up in a bun as it's too hot to wear down. Occasionally I'll have it in a side plait, but all down and loose is just too much as it's also really long.

• Heart
Also fine haired frau! I cut about 3 inches off with beard trimmers the other day and it’s freed me of all the problems I was getting with dryness / tangles, the ends were proper rat tails 😷 It looks so much thicker and healthier now tbh, should have done it months ago!
3? Beard trimmers? Rat tails? ...Jack, is that you?

In all seriousness though, that sounds ace. My hair's in dire need of a trim, but did you use any sort of... measuring system? I feel like I'd end up with a seriously uneven cut if I just went at it with clippers.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I am late to the film induced weeping discussion but anyway - when I was about 5 years old there was a big assembly at school for some reason and they put on Bambi and I had to be removed from the hall in front of everyone because I was in so much distress, it's scarred me for life. The most recent film I wept at was The Florida Project, I thank god I didn't go to the cinema to see it because it would have been the P2 Bambi incident all over again.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
😯 Did you DIY or get someone else to do it? I really need mine evened out just now, but I hate going to the hairdressers...

• Heart
Reactions: 7
3? Beard trimmers? Rat tails? ...Jack, is that you?

In all seriousness though, that sounds ace. My hair's in dire need of a trim, but did you use any sort of... measuring system? I feel like I'd end up with a seriously uneven cut if I just went at it with clippers.
hahaha imagine, tbh I don’t think she could go undercover without being absolutely vile within days!

I stood in front of a mirror to do it and was SO careful not to move my head and especially not look down lest I ended up with zig zag hair! I did it after a shower, so wet hair, brushed out into my clumpy rat tail strands, did the front strand first and then just kept the trimmer in line and went around and did it all at the same length, once I did that side I matched the other side’s front strand up and went round again. I blow dried it and there were a handful of tiny long strands left so I zapped them too!

Tbh it was made significantly easier by the fact I had absolutely no fear about the outcome cos I’ve got no where to go and no one to see 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 15
She's a really funny writer, I think her Walsh family books are her funniest. A real pick me up... for all the subject matter shouldnt actually be lighthearted!
I think it's great how open she is about her own struggles, too. Open without being woe about herself.

Audiobooks can be excellent if you get the right narrator. The guy who does Ken Follett's Kingsbridge books (minus one week on the newest release!) And Davina Porter who narrates the Outlander series, are among the best I've heard. There are some rotters, but Audible are pretty good with returns if you get a duff one.
Jumping ahead on my grunka to point out that this reference to the audiobooks of the Outlander series is giving me hot embarrassment flashbacks. I've already recounted that story for the group, but ARGH.

Having said that audiobooks are a joy. I'm relistening to the Jane Casey Maeve Kerrigan series of crime novels atm (I'm v lowbrow fraus) and they are brilliant too.

• Haha
I’m another thick haired frau. It used to be bum length but got cut to above elbow length hoping it’d be easier to manage - it wasn’t. Currently in half bleached purgatory, wondering whether full blonde is worth the effort

Somehow fell down a rabbit hole of TikToks featuring girls with hair like this

I’m fascinated. Taking care of it all must be like a part time job!

• Haha
  • Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.