Food & Drink #8 I like ALL the things

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@Begborrowsteal My son is a summer baby, he had terrible trouble learning to write and I was so, so worried about it but now he writes for fun. In reception he just didn’t have the coordination or the strength to hold the pencil. He’d never coloured in for fun (he’s still tit at it now but he doesn’t care) so he just had to wait for his muscles to catch up with his brain. He was mega articulate and good with everything elso so he just used to try and charm people into letting him off which obvs. didn’t happen.

He was put in a little group which they called a club and made seem fun so he didn’t feel ostracised by the others, and given chunkier pencils until he learned to use normal pencils with a pencil grip. They also let him use ipads if he had to ‘write’ a certain amount as even when he knew how to write and was technically ok at it he just took so much time to do the same amount as the others.

Echoing others to say hang in there. When I look back on bday cards from him that have capital letters 3/4 the size of the page I smile now, but at the time I was convinced he’d never get there. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 18
cannot tell you what a relief it is to hear all this! Thanks for your replies x
There’s no bloody handbook that’s for sure! X

@Begborrowsteal My son is a summer baby, he had terrible trouble learning to write and I was so, so worried about it but now he writes for fun. In reception he just didn’t have the coordination or the strength to hold the pencil. He’d never coloured in for fun (he’s still tit at it now but he doesn’t care) so he just had to wait for his muscles to catch up with his brain. He was mega articulate and good with everything elso so he just used to try and charm people into letting him off which obvs. didn’t happen.

He was put in a little group which they called a club and made seem fun so he didn’t feel ostracised by the others, and given chunkier pencils until he learned to use normal pencils with a pencil grip. They also let him use ipads if he had to ‘write’ a certain amount as even when he knew how to write and was technically ok at it he just took so much time to do the same amount as the others.

Echoing others to say hang in there. When I look back on bday cards from him that have capital letters 3/4 the size of the page I smile now, but at the time I was convinced he’d never get there. ❤
They’re so little when they go aren’t they and I remember our first parents evening the teacher said she had to realise she couldn’t just stare out of the window and had to work. I was like wtf she’s FOUR.

Now she’s just started high school and I’m so proud she’s tying a tie and walking to school and completing homework and I’m the one feeling overwhelmed. Like ugh I’m supposed to just let you WALK AWAY

• Heart
Reactions: 19

He's in Year 1 now, but in reception he had that little group and it did help. I'll have to see what small group/one to one stuff they can do this year for him. He has complained about his hand being sore, bless him. I know he'll get there eventually, when he started nursery he couldnt talk and now he doesnt shut up 😂 these kids, theyll always worry you! ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 15
It's amazing how calming the sea is! Had a shite day at work so drove quite a distance to get here and tbh it was so worth it. Even had an ice cream!
20200915_190904.jpg

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 29
OT doggie people, if you Had a dog which stole food, from people, from plates at cafes, from peoples hands in the street, picnics etc. Would it not occur to you to put a muzzle on it so it doesn’t bite someone in pursuit of food??🐶

• Wow
Reactions: 11
Evening Fraus.
Need some Coven support and love right now...
One of the mini Moos has been off school with the snots.
School emailed me to say she's not allowed back unless she either quarantines for 2 weeks OR gets a negative Covid test...

Ugh...Can't have this entire household locked down for 2 weeks. Getting a CVD19 swab is IMPOSSIBLE!!!
Basically I've logged on, registered and now just refreshing the page. bleeping been here since 11am.
Have heard so many rumours about clicking on the link on the hour. Clicking on under different aliases.
Latest is that they will release new time slots at 8pm...
Pray for me Fraus...

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 27
OT doggie people, if you Had a dog which stole food, from people, from plates at cafes, from peoples hands in the street, picnics etc. Would it not occur to you to put a muzzle on it so it doesn’t bite someone in pursuit of food??🐶
This sounds like a disaster in the making if there's a baby in a highchair with food. :|

Also other people are not gonna be cool witb the owner of that dog. Especially people who are already nervous of canines. Needs training pronto,

Reactions: 6
I have some wipeable sheets with letters and his name etc, for him to do. They teach cursive writing from the get go, he hates it and will write in normal capitals 🙃 adding in a line or two as good behaviour is a great idea!

Honestly, my youngest is NUTS. I expect grief from him. In nursery, they had to 'have words' with him 😂🤦🏻‍♀️
My handwriting is - and has always been - awful. At primary school we weren’t allowed to use pen until we could write properly and neatly in pencil. They had to give up on me in the end because I was about to move to secondary school and was still chugging away with an HB🤣 Like your son, I found writing in capitals much easier than cursive and got quite frustrated. But guess what? I grew up to be a professional writer innit 🥳 He sounds like a confident reader, which is great, and I’m sure you’ll help him find a way through this cursive writing bollocks - who writes longhand these days anyway?!

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I am a dog owner and this is very unacceptable behaviour. I wouldn't muzzle, but these owners definitely need to be on top of their dog!!!

Reactions: 10
This sounds like a disaster in the making if there's a baby in a highchair with food. :|

Also other people are not gonna be cool witb the owner of that dog. Especially people who are already nervous of canines. Needs training pronto,
It’s the dog program on 5. dog out for walk steals food from pavement cafe table. It is now receiving training, but owner concerned dog put down if it bites whilst talking food from people's hands. It struck me as common sense to muzzle till trained to prevent it biting.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Evening Fraus.
School emailed me to say she's not allowed back unless she either quarantines for 2 weeks OR gets a negative Covid test...

Ugh...Can't have this entire household locked down for 2 weeks. Getting a CVD19 swab is IMPOSSIBLE!!!
Basically I've logged on, registered and now just refreshing the page. bleeping been here since 11am.
Have heard so many rumours about clicking on the link on the hour. Clicking on under different aliases.
Pray for me Fraus...
I saw this on an insta influencers story and saved it in case our school started being similarly daft - kids are bound to get snotty that doesn’t have to mean covid or winter is gonna be impossible
61649ED0-DD84-4F82-B7AC-5340702E0EE5.png
B95A44FF-9762-48E5-8F3C-6F859792AD45.png

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Evening Fraus.

Pray for me Fraus...
I have heard 8pm stated too. Everyone seems to be struggling to get tested, it's bloody awful now we are entering cold season, people can't afford to keep going off work for weeks 😕

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Fraus, I need some advice from more experienced Mums. My 5yr old is already becoming disruptive in class. He was sent out yesterday 😩 He is struggling with the work; he loves reading but cannot stand writing. He struggles with it, gets upset, then distracts others by making them laugh (instant gratification for something hes good at). Hes been targeting his friend, who now doesnt want to sit or play with him 😩
Aww, he's still so little.

Has he just started school or is this his second year?

Could you do some stuff at home? Shaving foam on a tray and he uses his finger to write words, or in sand?

My eldest (12) is dyslexic and also has dysgraphia. She finds writing a very slow and tedious process am her handwriting was terrible. She will be typing when it comes to exams.
Schools aren't always very good at picking things like this up.

• Heart
I saw this on an insta influencers story and saved it in case our school started being similarly daft - kids are bound to get snotty that doesn’t have to mean covid or winter is gonna be impossible View attachment 243532View attachment 243533
cheers chick xxx
i think she's fine. In non covid years I would have kept her off for a day or two then sent her back.
It is the bloody school demanding the test and I don't blame them x

• Heart
cheers chick xxx
i think she's fine. In non covid years I would have kept her off for a day or two then sent her back.
It is the bloody school demanding the test and I don't blame them x
I've seen all-sorts on Facebook. It seems they are struggling to meet demand for tests since schools went back. Really soul destroying to keep refreshing a page though. Hope you get a booking asap x

• Heart
Reactions: 6
@BananaSmith he's in Yr1 now, hes happy drawing and reading but gets worked up immediately about writing. Hes only just started to enjoy colouring in. In reception, he used to cry whilst doing it in class 😅 I need to figure out how best to speak to his teacher & the inclusion officer, all this covid lark has changed everything!

Thank you so much, Fraus ❤

• Heart
Evening Fraus.

Pray for me Fraus...
I’m going to sound terrible here but could you not say she’s had a negative test or would they need proof? I understand they’re just wanting to be cautious but it’s the season for colds to start.

Reactions: 2
@veryfondoftea i have a 9yr old daughter and I cannot tell you how fraught I sometimes feel over the friendship group thing. It’s upsetting, but I agree with others that taking a step back seems to help. It’s so difficult for me not to project my emotions. Girls are so different to boys, it’s all very complicated I find.
@Begborrowsteal steal I agree with being pushy, for a couple of years I was intimidated by my daughter’s teachers, however her last teacher was amazing and told me she had unofficially been monitoring her for dyslexia. After that I was Mum On A Mission.... as Vic & Bob said I wouldn’t let it lie. Sadly Covid has put a spanner in the works and that’s why we are having her privately assessed (it’s the money we would have spent on our holiday this year!). Go with your gut and push for it xx

• Heart
I’m dreading ever having to try to get a covid test, seems like it’s gone absolutely mad. I wish we could fast forward through this mental old time

• Heart
I am having a pre op assessment /ortho appointment soon. Apparently the Covid test is included which is handy, and so is the ortho op. :LOL:
I am practising opening my nasal passages/sinuses in preparation.😳 Its not as easy to hide as pelvic floor exercises. 😬 :LOL:

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.