Food & Drink #8 I like ALL the things

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
One of my friends went to a mortuary and watched an autopsy for research ... she told me all about it and I was šŸ˜³ going to search for this book and I love your blanket!
Iā€™d love to do that. Iā€™d definitely recommend reading it & thank you šŸ˜Š.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Bless you. I am OK thank you. I won't be on the mother thread but will call back here. I have diverted my attention to my family tree... turns out we are not just peasants, criminals and drunks, we have the only fisherman that gets sea sick ... :)
Oh iā€™m so pleased youā€™re ok. All of the JM crap has become funny again and then I remember it really isnā€™t when she has upset you.

Ooh family tree stuff fascinates me! I have the most dull and boring surname that means iā€™d never get anywhere I reckon! I was watching naff telly the other day and one of the ads was for ancestry stuff that checks if any of your ancient family had been in prison, theyā€™re really trying to keep the industry going!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I know itā€™s a cartoon but Fox & the hound when the little old lady leaves Todd and drives away gets me every time full on ugly cry.

• Heart
Reactions: 14

Artist's rendition of me watching; sad adverts, tv programmes where an animal dies, tv programmes where an animal might die, tv programmes where an animal doesn't die but then that means the hunting animal goes hungry and may starve, Christmas adverts, Up, Toy story bleeping 4, Hollywood movies where someone, usually old, nobly sacrifices themselves for the greater good (the greater good)...

I once gave myself petechiae watching kids gogglebox when some elephants nearly drowned. They were fine in the end. I was a mess.

I avoid as many of the above situations as possible now to keep myself calm.
ouchy eye šŸ˜°

Reactions: 6
Oh iā€™m so pleased youā€™re ok. All of the JM crap has become funny again and then I remember it really isnā€™t when she has upset you.

Ooh family tree stuff fascinates me! I have the most dull and boring surname that means iā€™d never get anywhere I reckon! I was watching naff telly the other day and one of the ads was for ancestry stuff that checks if any of your ancient family had been in prison, theyā€™re really trying to keep the industry going!
It did upset me, but a line has been drawn under it and that's that as far as I am concerned.
Prison records eh? dread to think who might pop up out of our lot. :unsure: :LOL:
Thanks again for thinking of me. x

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I donā€™t know whatā€™s happened @help i need some help! but Iā€™m glad to hear youā€™re okay!

Iā€™ve made a very boring soup with the root veg that I need to use up so decided to make it a bit more exciting with some crispy smoked paprika chickpeas but frying chickpeas is terrifying omg! Think I might be blinded by the end of this ,theres hot chickpeas popping everywhere! Arghh!

Attachments

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
Iā€™m not generally frightened of dogs, because I have had dogs and walked other peopleā€™s but I am surprised by the amount of terrible dog owners with no control that I have encountered in London parks. This includes dogs who have attacked my dog and other dogs and dogs who chase joggers and cyclists. Some of these people have been supposed professional dog walkers. šŸ˜±
aww what type of dog do you have? And AGREED!! Every evening weā€™ve gone for a walk weā€™ve had some fairly big dogs run over to us and Iā€™ve been absolutely terrified, the owners canā€™t do anything to call them back which feels like a fundamental safety feature of owning a dog?! Iā€™ve heard the horror stories of dog attacks which makes it worse!

The incident was in France not the UK else Iā€™d have done one of those dangerous dog reports cos itā€™s the only time Iā€™ve ever thought Iā€™d need to

i cannot believe that it is a children's book... that part scarred me for life and i read it as a teenager...
same, babe! Remember crying at the book but forgot the dead baby, how awful. I remember the evil mum though, hated her!

My primary school used to do a really amazing evacuee picnic with ex evacuee children, there were 2 on each table and you could ask them any questions you wanted! Looking back I feel bad for them as they undoubtedly must have PTSD from it all and then were open up to a million dumb questions from 9 and 10 year old kids. We had talks in secondary from holocaust survivors who were peopleā€™s nans, having access to that sort of spoken history was an insane privilege tbh and the fact I still remember it 10/20 years later shows how effective it is at teaching kids?!

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Sent the husband to the shop for milk & he has came back with a box of mince pies (šŸ¤®). The local Starbucks arenā€™t selling my beloved PSLā€™s yet but mince pies are out. Mind I suppose it is the Co-Op, popped in for something on Christmas Eve last year & the girl was getting Easter Eggs out to put on the shelves.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
I got a bag of Cadburyā€™s daim little robin chocolates today and they are literally a mini daim Easter egg wrapped in a robin wrapper! Madness!

• Heart
  • Haha
I cried when reading ā€œThe little Princessā€ to my daughter, the scene where she is on her own in the attic.
Also cried when reading Harry Potter to my son, when Dobby died. There are lots more examples.
Ohh Dobby I remember crying in the cinema getting some funny looks hearts of stone the lot of them.

• Sad
Reactions: 9
Just been grunkaling, have started back at college after almost 20 years so am BUSY. Am missing out on reading threads in real time.

Apart from the films and Goodnight Mr Tom already mentioned, the ending of Big when Josh says bye to his adult girlfriend and then walks back home as a child gets me every time. (That sounds so dodgy).

Also When the wind blows, made worse now as I can see my parents in the old couple. Having watched it as an adult am unsurprised I was really worried about nuclear war as a child.

Am happy to have raised a laugh for @Silver Linings and @Jay-cloth Cow with my Harold Bishop biscuitty smells. I was so self-conscious at the time and was cringing with embarrassment that one of my first times that I'd pushed myself out of lurkerdom had posted multiple times. Have gotten over myself now šŸ˜‚

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I got a bag of Cadburyā€™s daim little robin chocolates today and they are literally a mini daim Easter egg wrapped in a robin wrapper! Madness!
I always laugh at the Lindt rabbits that get turned into reindeers.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I never used to be much of a crier until having a kid and now I cry at so many books, films and songs. Donā€™t tend to cry for big events like funerals, weddings etc. Strange.

on topic, Iā€™ve a lot of conference pears to do something with - any ideas Fraus?

• Heart
Reactions: 8
@EddieBeds are you up to date with Strike? I had to rewatch the restaurant scene several times in a row... "Faaacking 'ell Charlotte" šŸ˜
On a massive Grunka but yes!!! :love: - Couldnā€™t agree more, brilliant scene.

Realise the conversation has likely moved on but another mere hearted Frau here. Iā€™ve always been a bit of a crier but since my toddler arrived itā€™s like a tap that once on does not stop.

Coco - simply one of the most beautiful films ever. One of those films where I watched it knowing nothing about it and was knocked sideways. Dumbo traumatised me as a child so Iā€™ve never rewatched it since.

Love Actually - the bit where Emma Thompsonā€™s character sobs as she listens to Joni Mitchell/realises Alan Rickman has cheated.

Harry Potter - the scene in Goblet of Fire where his mum tells him to let go in the grave yard and then in Deathly Hallows (book and film) when his parents, Sirius and Lupin walk with him through the woods - especially the bit where Sirius says what itā€™s like to die. Even just thinking about it Iā€™ve got a lump in my throat. And Dobby :cry:.

I also canā€™t read ā€˜Oh the places youā€™ll goā€™ by Dr Seuss without crying - my son never asks me to read it! He also has a book about a baby wolf that gets lost and other animals help reunite it with its family - again I canā€™t read it.

@heretoreaditall - I can laugh so much I then end up crying, not with laughter but almost like it tips me to the other extreme?!

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
I never used to be much of a crier until having a kid and now I cry at so many books, films and songs. Donā€™t tend to cry for big events like funerals, weddings etc. Strange.

on topic, Iā€™ve a lot of conference pears to do something with - any ideas Fraus?
A crumble?

Reactions: 9
Traaaaaaazers will forever make me laugh!
Same! I tried explaining it to my other half when he caught me snort laughing at it first time round but was crying with laughter and couldnā€™t make sense and he just didnā€™t get it. I canā€™t wait for it to be read out in court (if the threats ever materialises into reality - they wonā€™t) - just knowing all the Frauen will be shaking with laughter in various cos play outfits sets me off šŸ˜‚ .

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
I could not read my children ā€œThe Paper Dollsā€ without howling. They used to start nervous giggling it was so bad

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12

My mum makes this pear and almond cake - which is lovely *chefs kiss*

ETA: The webpage is a bit all over the place but if you scroll down the recipe is there.

• Heart

Pear tart

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.