Food & Drink #8 I like ALL the things

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just in case anyone needs it, I was taught a trick to use if you need to not cry for any reason (I have used it at weddings and funerals). If you stick your tongue to the roof of your mouth it is impossible to cry.
(Then I run home and howl under the covers)
Ooooh I can't wait to try this out. My best friend got married in December and during her Dad's speech I (discreetly) cried so much, it was absolutely ridiculous. It was a very emotional speech and lots of people were crying, it wasn't just me being weird! 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Ooooh I can't wait to try this out. My best friend got married in December and during her Dad's speech I (discreetly) cried so much, it was absolutely ridiculous. It was a very emotional speech and lots of people were crying, it wasn't just me being weird! 😂
Omg, I was bawling like a right eejit at my mates wedding. The grooms father had died the year before the wedding, and the speeches were so lovely. Just seeing how happy the couple looked as well 🥰 I was a right melt, bawling my eyes out whilst laughing at my own ridiculousness!

... they did get divorced a year later, mind 🤣

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
I used to be exactly the same and then I hit the perimenopause.
God I'm awful for crying since Perimenopause! Think it's McCain's advert that has all different families eating their tea. I lost my tit at a bloody chip advert!!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
I cry maybe once every few years and then afterwards i’m totally shattered. In the first few weeks of lockdown I heard a Damien Rice song in a film and realised I hadn’t listened to ‘O’ for years, put it on and by the time ‘Cheers Darlin’ had finished I don’t think there was a single bead of moisture left in my body.

Also, not a laugher!! I practically never laugh, it’s like honestly the funniest thing i’ve ever seen and i’ll have like a Natalie Dormer smirk on my face. One of the only 2 occasions I can think of in literally the last ten or so years that i’ve laughed out loud have been when @BananaSmith posted three times about Harold smelling of biscuits, and the infamous traaazers on a bird post.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Definite bawler over here!! As mentioned before, Bing Bong, Simba, Up...last time I cried at TV was watching This Country - when the Vicar sees that Kurtan gave away the waffle maker he bought him for his new flat....I was hormonal.

I just did a delightfully ugly snort at @Silver Linings reminder of @BananaSmith's 3 X post about Harold, so thank you for bringing joy to a Monday morning!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
I'll cry over daft things like songs, or stupid anxiety will get in the way and that ridiculous crytalk thing where your throat closes up and your eyes start welling up happens (sooo annoying!) Big things, like funerals, death and such, I don't, not even with the husband or my dad.

I definitely do plenty of snorting and hooting at you 'orrible lot though.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I too am a cryer (crier?) When I was a child, I went to see E.T. at the cinema and was properly sobbing at the "I'll be right here" bit. My little sister piped up loudly to ask why I was crying, to which I made this sort of strangled sounding "I'm noooooot". Everyone sitting in the surrounding rows laughed, the bastards.

When my daughter was little, I watched Bambi with her and cried so much at the bit where his mother dies that my contact lens fell out.

• Haha
  • Heart
Fraus, off topic but - my washing machine has just stopped working, the drum won't turn at all, even though it goes through all the other motions. No error code coming up and I've cleaned the filter. It drains of water properly.

As it's 9 years old, would I be best looking at a new machine instead of an engineer? I've never had a machine repaired before so no idea how much things cost and whether it would be worth it on a machine this age? 🤷

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
Fraus, off topic but - my washing machine has just stopped working, the drum won't turn at all, even though it goes through all the other motions. No error code coming up and I've cleaned the filter. It drains of water properly.

As it's 9 years old, would I be best looking at a new machine instead of an engineer? I've never had a machine repaired before so no idea how much things cost and whether it would be worth it on a machine this age? 🤷
I’d speak to an engineer first. Where do you live? There is a reliable one here in SE London called The Spin Doctor.

Reactions: 10
I'm guessing it would probably cost more in repairs etc than replacing tbh. They can be a bit of a bugger when they go @Nottonightbabe

Made Recipe Tin chicken broccoli stir fry for tea. Very nice, except I totally forgot to add the onion and garlic thanks to my 'assistant' distracting me. Good excuse to make it again anyway!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I’d speak to an engineer first. Where do you live? There is a reliable one here in SE London called The Spin Doctor.
They would be too far out for us. When I gave the filter a clean out earlier, I noticed there was a lot of black dust in the water that drained out, like jet black carbon. So I'm thinking motor or the brushes have gone 😕. I can tell the belt is still in place by how it feels when I turn the drum by hand, and it makes no odd noises. Meh ☹

• Sad
Reactions: 11

Same thing happened to us. Repair bloke was very honest and said he could charge us £50 to fix but it was at the end of it's life so getting a new one would be more economical.

• Sad
Reactions: 9
They would be too far out for us. When I gave the filter a clean out earlier, I noticed there was a lot of black dust in the water that drained out, like jet black carbon. So I'm thinking motor or the brushes have gone 😕. I can tell the belt is still in place by how it feels when I turn the drum by hand, and it makes no odd noises. Meh ☹
Pretty sure it’s the motor that is the expensive part.

Reactions: 3
The heating element went in mind recently, was about £80 for everything, I was sure it was motor or needed replacing. Worth having someone to look!

Reactions: 5
I made soup today Frauen. I picked the hottest day in about a fortnight to do it, of course. Here's an artist's photo of the process, it'll be on my Etsy later.

I'd probably guess at a new machine, but it wouldn't so any harm to have someone look at it. What a pain!

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I’m a proper crier. Snot bubbles, open weeping, that noise Emma Thompson makes in Sense & Sensibility. Mostly cry in frustration and have been known to gargle non-words at my boss in the worst bits. Like others I take a chemical cocktail to stave off the worst but songs and films and tv and nice vignettes can all set me off.

Worst offenders: Charlotte’s Web, the NE Story, the title credits to the Sound of Music, any death in film or tv expected or unexpected, any storyline involving fathers, any storyline involving birth loss or fertility issues, the Notebook, last year’s Blinded by the Light film, JoJo Rabbit... and songs can be ANYTHING but guaranteed Both Sides Now by Joni, anything by The Verve or Echo and the Bunnymen if I’m in the right mood, Evanescence always, and Golden Slumbers by the Beatles.

Am human waterfall.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.