Food & Drink #8 I like ALL the things

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m a proper crier. Snot bubbles, open weeping, that noise Emma Thompson makes in Sense & Sensibility. Mostly cry in frustration and have been known to gargle non-words at my boss in the worst bits. Like others I take a chemical cocktail to stave off the worst but songs and films and tv and nice vignettes can all set me off.

Worst offenders: Charlotte’s Web, the NE Story, the title credits to the Sound of Music, any death in film or tv expected or unexpected, the Notebook, last year’s Blinded by the Light film, JoJo Rabbit... and songs can be ANYTHING but guaranteed Both Sides Now by Joni, anything by The Verve or Echo and the Bunnymen if I’m in the right mood, Evanescence always, and Golden Slumbers by the Beatles.

Am human waterfall.
Sound of Music and Joni Mitchell ❤ 😭

• Heart
Reactions: 8
The end of The Railway Children - 'Daddy! My Daddy!' - every single time.

Mind you, I'm bad at the moment, yesterday I was catching up with some stuff I hadn't got round to watching on the Sky box because we're running out of space, and cried my way through Princess Anne at 70 and the first episode of The Highland Vet!
omg the railway children! I saw it when I was very young and really didn't understand the story or why the dad was away, but it is so sad!

I always cry (with happiness) at the end of (the film) Pride, just love it. When I was younger I never understood "happy crying" now I am an emotional wreck at almost everything. I blame my mum :LOL:

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Omg this is making me think I have big chaotic energy as both an extreme cryer and laugher - I once laughed so much I pulled a tummy muscle and had to go home from work for the pain.

We had a spontaneous picnic in the park with baby for lunch, it was so lovely! I’m a bit scared of dogs after an incident last year so still feeling really anxious after being sat there tense w fear 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Omg this is making me think I have big chaotic energy as both an extreme cryer and laugher - I once laughed so much I pulled a tummy muscle and had to go home from work for the pain.

We had a spontaneous picnic in the park with baby for lunch, it was so lovely! I’m a bit scared of dogs after an incident last year so still feeling really anxious after being sat there tense w fear 😂
I’m not generally frightened of dogs, because I have had dogs and walked other people’s but I am surprised by the amount of terrible dog owners with no control that I have encountered in London parks. This includes dogs who have attacked my dog and other dogs and dogs who chase joggers and cyclists. Some of these people have been supposed professional dog walkers. 😱

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
I can normally contain my crying unless the actor starts crying too then I’m gone. Or if it involves animals.
“Oh Daddy my Daddy” and “I can ride dad, I can really ride” at the end of Goodnight Mister Tom always has me crying though 😭

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I can normally contain my crying unless the actor starts crying too then I’m gone. Or if it involves animals.
“Oh Daddy my Daddy” and “I can ride dad, I can really ride” at the end of Goodnight Mister Tom always has me crying though 😭
I made my daughter watch this as part of home schooling back in April. It ended with her sitting there side eyeing me while I was sobbing uncontrollable tears...

I cannot take the ending of Coco! When the grandma starts to sing..I’m choking up just thinking about it

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
I cried when reading “The little Princess” to my daughter, the scene where she is on her own in the attic.
Also cried when reading Harry Potter to my son, when Dobby died. There are lots more examples.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I made my daughter watch this as part of home schooling back in April. It ended with her sitting there side eyeing me while I was sobbing uncontrollable tears...

I cannot take the ending of Coco! When the grandma starts to sing..I’m choking up just thinking about it
I’d forgotten Goodnight Mister Tom. The bit in the cupboard, when Zach dies, any time William is gruff and/or kind

I cried when reading “The little Princess” to my daughter, the scene where she is on her own in the attic.
Also cried when reading Harry Potter to my son, when Dobby died. There are lots more examples.
Oh god yes, Little Princess -on her own in the attic, when she gets the bread roll, when thingie finds her at the end

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I get a lump in my throat at the cinema no matter what I go to see- comedy, drama, kids film. I can only think it must be the music being loud and in surround sound having some kind of emotional reaction for me (I love loud music and love the tingly feeling it gives me but I don’t cry with my earphones in or anything!)

• Heart
I’d forgotten Goodnight Mister Tom. The bit in the cupboard, when Zach dies, any time William is gruff and/or kind

Oh god yes, Little Princess -on her own in the attic, when she gets the bread roll, when thingie finds her at the end
Oh God, Goodnight Mister Tom!! That book scarred me for life!!
The thought of that poor little boy trapped under the stairs with a dead baby....😥😥😥😥

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
I always cry at the last page of The Polar Express when I’m reading it with my daughter. She thinks I’m crazy

• Heart
Oh God, Goodnight Mister Tom!! That book scarred me for life!!
The thought of that poor little boy trapped under the stairs with a dead baby....😥😥😥😥
i cannot believe that it is a children's book... that part scarred me for life and i read it as a teenager...

• Heart
Reactions: 8
To cheer us all up - I just heard the Buckles advert for Ramble Book ‘there are books in this house there are books in this house...you can read it with your wet arse pussy’ 🤣 I almost soiled myself

• Haha
Reactions: 15

Artist's rendition of me watching; sad adverts, tv programmes where an animal dies, tv programmes where an animal might die, tv programmes where an animal doesn't die but then that means the hunting animal goes hungry and may starve, Christmas adverts, Up, Toy story bleeping 4, Hollywood movies where someone, usually old, nobly sacrifices themselves for the greater good (the greater good)...

I once gave myself petechiae watching kids gogglebox when some elephants nearly drowned. They were fine in the end. I was a mess.

I avoid as many of the above situations as possible now to keep myself calm.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Something a little more cheerful, my husband made these for dinner tonight and they were so delicious! Highly recommend 😋

• Heart
  • Wow
You guys, I actually have a food contribution today- I made double sausage and egg McMuffins for tea and they were bloody amazing!

• Heart
  • Wow
Oh you soppy lot. Do not, under any circumstances watch this: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0109120/
We used to watch Andre every year and even thinking about it makes me get misty eyed, that and War Horse and Black Beauty.

I have a little bit of positive news after so long of not being able to work, I've been plugging away at my mosaics and putting them on Facebook and have a massive commission! A woman that the current Mr. Rebel did some building work for is buying a house near here and wants some massive Gaudi-inspired work done, it's just the sort of thing that I love.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.