Food & Drink #8 I like ALL the things

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Frauen - Adam Buxton has mostly passed me by, but I feel the love you have for him and want to experience his loveliness. So the podcasts are to go to, and his audible book?
Yes! Most of the podcast episodes are great, even people I wasn’t expecting to enjoy I felt like I learnt about people in a different way but my favourites that I repeat are the Tash Demetriou ones and the ones with people who he is friends with- Joe Cornish (start from the early ones there to get the beginnings of the doodle story), Louis Theroux and Garth Jennings are all great.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Yes! Most of the podcast episodes are great, even people I wasn’t expecting to enjoy I felt like I learnt about people in a different way but my favourites that I repeat are the Tash Demetriou ones and the ones with people who he is friends with- Joe Cornish (start from the early ones there to get the beginnings of the doodle story), Louis Theroux and Garth Jennings are all great.
Just don’t try to fall asleep to his podcast because it’s lovely and relaxing until the end 😝

• Haha
Reactions: 9
@EddieBeds are you up to date with Strike? I had to rewatch the restaurant scene several times in a row... "Faaacking 'ell Charlotte" 😍

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Mine’s Dumbo and his Mum entwining their trunks through the bars. 😭😭😭
Heartbreaking. For me, the saddest film moment is Mufasa's death.. Simba saying 'dad?!' 😭 Gets me every time.

I cry at everything, I'm pathetic. We recently watched Paddington 2 (for about the 10th time) and I was in pieces by the end.

The other one that gets me every time is Inside Out, particularly when Bing Bong sacrifices himself. The first time I watched it, the moment I realised what he was going to do I felt sick. I've got a sinking feeling just thinking about it.
Oh that moment was heart-wrenching 😭

You know, I think I'm more affected by sad scenes in animations than in real life movies?!

On the topic of podcasts, I love Adrift - think some of you fraus might enjoy it too. https://play.acast.com/s/adrift/episode146-theone-hundred-and-forty-sixthepisode Brief description: 'A comic tragedy for anyone flailing in the sea of their own inadequacy. Finding the laughter in anxiety, this series explores the petty humiliations that come with being human.'

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
This sounds AMAZING! As a bit of a plane spotter (😳), drunk airport exploring is my dream day out. Didn't even know Croydon had an airport 😂
Was big back in the day! Apart frim the visitors centre there's not much left. Mostly an industrial estate now. The booking hall/terminal is still there and a beautiful building. I thik you can hire it for weddings. It has a plane outside and you can walk underneath it

• Heart
  • Wow
Sorry too BUSY to grunka through the last few pages so maybe this has already been mentioned, but the horse scene in Neverending Story 😭😭😭😭😭

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
The end of The Railway Children - 'Daddy! My Daddy!' - every single time.

Mind you, I'm bad at the moment, yesterday I was catching up with some stuff I hadn't got round to watching on the Sky box because we're running out of space, and cried my way through Princess Anne at 70 and the first episode of The Highland Vet!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
Ooh my people! Pretty much all of the above gets me too. Especially Dumbo and his mum. Sometimes I find a good cry really cathartic, as long as you don't allow yourself to go too far past the point of no return 😅

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
Songs make me cry, not so much films or TV. A good cry is sometimes definitely just what's needed @I steal names

Only very vague memories of Neverending Story. That and Chariots of Fire were always shown in the big hall when the teachers were off doing goodness knows what. When I changed school, it was Mr Bean and Fawlty Towers. Still can't watch them to this day!

Dumbo visually is a beautiful movie, the scene with the pink elephants was like a legal high to child me (same with the diamond scene in Snow White).

Not looking forward to breakfast, stupidly bought M&S bread off Ocado thinking it’d be better than Warburtons, it’s so dry JM could use it in one of her science experiments 😷

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Dumbo visually is a beautiful movie, the scene with the pink elephants was like a legal high to child me (same with the diamond scene in Snow White).

Not looking forward to breakfast, stupidly bought M&S bread off Ocado thinking it’d be better than Warburtons, it’s so dry JM could use it in one of her science experiments 😷
She did just make a bread pudding for her 'baby daddy' (puke making term) You could always surprise yours with one? 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 14
She did just make a bread pudding for her 'baby daddy' (puke making term) You could always surprise yours with one? 😂
I found that so 😷 too, I don’t know why it gives me a full body cringe!

That’s a good idea thank you, as a kid bread and butter pudding was my absolute fav. That and custard with bananas cut up, indisputable Michelin dining 😂 Kids these days have much fancier foods, like those freak shakes or the fancy breakfast bowls someone just posted in the MT!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I used to be the stone faced woman, never cried, then I had children and it was like years of hormonal floodgates opened. I cried at everything! Now, due to let’s say some chemical help, I’m way more stable. This does mean I cry at less, but when I do cry it’s a cry alright!!!!
The flip side of this is I don’t just laugh, but then I’ve never been a comedy person, although I think with age I’ve found my niche of what makes me laugh...and I’ll stick to it. Last night I watched Mortimer and Whitehouse Fishing, Bob makes me giggle away. It’s such a lovely gently warmingly funny programme...even if you don’t like fishing (I don’t husband does!)

• Heart
Oh duck, Artax 😭 That scene was devastating as a child and then when you watch it again as an adult and fully understand the concept of the 'Swamp of Sadness' 😭😭😭

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Oh duck, Artax 😭 That scene was devastating as a child and then when you watch it again as an adult and fully understand the concept of the 'Swamp of Sadness' 😭😭😭
Rewatched this last year. Can confirm I was in bits 😭

It depends what time of the month it is. I have been known to cry at that advert for the donkey charity 😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Just in case anyone needs it, I was taught a trick to use if you need to not cry for any reason (I have used it at weddings and funerals). If you stick your tongue to the roof of your mouth it is impossible to cry.
(Then I run home and howl under the covers)

• Heart
  • Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.