Food & Drink #8 I like ALL the things

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I also bought the Adam Buxton audiobook last month and it’s fabulous. He’s so likeable, and puts so much effort into things like the extra rambles and jingles.
I’m going to see him early next year and I’m so bloody excited- I’ve loved him since I was 15 (so over 20 years now 😮) and never managed to get babysitters/time off work/tickets to go to anything of his before, husband tried so hard to get us to Bug.

I know this is silly of me but I’ve recently been worried for him if anything happens to Rosie, I know I’ve got my own tit going on but this keeps going round my head!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
Do you have a recipe for this? It looks delicious and elderflower cordially is my FANCY daughter’s favourite!

@crystaleyesd let us know how that new Russian book is, I’m intrigued! Just about to settle into bed and start Foe, I’m ridiculously excited

my boyfriend and I went for an impromptu meal on the seafront today, do not recommend eating a whole crab while wearing a white dress...
I used this one, but omitted the orange and used lemon juice only and slightly less sugar.
It was really lovely, I used some of the cordial in a gooseberry and elderflower jam too.

Also made rhubarb cordial after this, very pretty colour but didn't match the elderflower on taste.

I used this one, but omitted the orange and used lemon juice only and slightly less sugar.
It was really lovely, I used some of the cordial in a gooseberry and elderflower jam too.

Also made rhubarb cordial after this, very pretty colour but didn't match the elderflower on taste.
I use Hugh’s (naughty Hugh) recipe for elderflower cordial as well. It’s the best!

Made an ample apple crumble today with some gifted Bramley’s from a school mum - doncha just love nature?

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I have this book on my to read list, it sounds really interesting. Love your NBC blanket too
I’m not too far into it as I’m terrible for sticking to a book but I’d definitely recommend it & thank you god bless the Disney Store 🖤.

Reactions: 8
Lots of things to respond to but starting with this!

Big hugs @SoulRebel — didn’t realise it was the same daughter with the beautiful baby. How hideous for you all, especially after every thing she’s been through over the past few months. Shock will pass, she’s moved on and has gorgeous new family to think about.

I LOVED Queenie — I heard CCW On Radio 6 recently talking about what she was doing now, including a screen play of Queenie! V excited by that!!

My kids “bought” the Richard Osman book for my dad for his birthday — will relieve him if it next time I can visit (shakes fist at COVID in futility)

I have not seen @Sausage Grand Station, nor @PineappleQueen19 for a LONG time— hope they’re both ok!

Friend who works in Waitrose says she doesn’t think the coffee will be back this side of Christmas. They’re also unsure what to do with their cafe area, as that’s a big wasted space these days.

I PMSL every time I see the Alan Partridge Alexa ad and think fondly of @Alansbigplate.

I also bought the Adam Buxton audiobook last month and it’s fabulous. He’s so likeable, and puts so much effort into things like the extra rambles and jingles. I think I only managed it because I was travelling alone and could just sit in the airport with earphones in, waiting and waiting, but completely agree with all Fraus reporting attention span issues. I’m having BIG troubles with this, I normally read a few books every week, but have only
read 3 novels since March 😞 — but I do have lots going on (mental health issues arising with kids, ill parents, job, own health, money, before even thinking about lockdown and pandemics). Life is tit in so many ways at the moment, but for everyone — it’s not like any of us are suffering on our own here... feeling a bit maudlin, so just going to say Love 💕 You Fraus, you do all make me laugh. And think, but also laugh x
The cafe area in my local Waitrose has been cleared and they use the space for the customer orders

Reactions: 5
discovered the other day that heinz do squeezy baconnaise, just had it on a burger, was ace.
I've had such a good reading week. as well as Such a Fun Age, I've read Boy Parts (nights out in the toon really have changed 😲) and The Intoxicating Mr Lavelle. and I've just realised that thematically they're all quite similar, just with very different premises.
anyway, I'm so excited for Piranesi and the new Stu Turton and the Pillars of the Earth prequel

and I am so envious of all of you who are getting out walking. i love walking, but just lately, I haven't been able to.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
I’m going to see him early next year and I’m so bloody excited- I’ve loved him since I was 15 (so over 20 years now 😮) and never managed to get babysitters/time off work/tickets to go to anything of his before, husband tried so hard to get us to Bug.

I know this is silly of me but I’ve recently been worried for him if anything happens to Rosie, I know I’ve got my own tit going on but this keeps going round my head!
I’ve thought the same thing about Rosie 😭

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
@Alansbigplate so was I, I was walking the dog and had to hide behind a tree as it was so emotional. He has such a beautiful sensitivity about him, Buckles. It’s just natural, you can’t pretend with things like that

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I was sobbing listening to him talk to Joe about his Mum dying 😰😭
I know, it’s my new ‘first 15 minutes of Up’ when I need to have a cry but can’t quite get there- I’d become a bit anaesthetised to Up but this gets me every time just now 😭

• Heart
Reactions: 11
oh! this evening, we got a pot of Longley Farm cream in our corner shop that made me think of here! the farm itself is sort of local to us in that we pass it on our way to days out in west Yorkshire

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I know, it’s my new ‘first 15 minutes of Up’ when I need to have a cry but can’t quite get there- I’d become a bit anaesthetised to Up but this gets me every time just now 😭
The Up opener still finishes me every time. As soon as they start gazing at the clouds, I’m in tears

Last edited:
  • Heart
I cry at everything, I'm pathetic. We recently watched Paddington 2 (for about the 10th time) and I was in pieces by the end.

The other one that gets me every time is Inside Out, particularly when Bing Bong sacrifices himself. The first time I watched it, the moment I realised what he was going to do I felt sick. I've got a sinking feeling just thinking about it.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I cry at everything, I'm pathetic. We recently watched Paddington 2 (for about the 10th time) and I was in pieces by the end.

The other one that gets me every time is Inside Out, particularly when Bing Bong sacrifices himself. The first time I watched it, the moment I realised what he was going to do I felt sick. I've got a sinking feeling just thinking about it.
I’m the same. Even the John Lewis Christmas ads make me cry! That scene with Bing Bong is so brutal. I took my nephews to watch Inside Out at the cinema and they were looking at me with bemusement while I wept through that scene 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Coco gets me every single time. The whole idea of death, and ceasing to exist once youre not thought of and remembered.. ah man 😭 24hrs in A&E always gets me too. I cant cope with the old timers on there ❤

I cant focus with reading atm, but I also cannot bear listening to people reading. I think my mum ruined it for me after years of listening to her trying to read the newspapers to me (without her glasses) every day 😂 now its facebook articles every sunday!

I finally watched I May Destroy You 🙌 Loved everything about it. Cannot imagine how hard it would have been to write and film it, but wow, she did an amazing thing with that show!

Ohhh I love Adam Buxton! I always see you guys mention him but I never clocked thats who it was!

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Nice to be in good company among fellow criers. I remember seeing an interview with Kristen Bell years ago, on Ellen I think, where she described her emotions as being a spectrum from 1-10, with 1 being overjoyed and 10 being distraught. She said if she was anywhere other than about a 4 or 5, she’d be sobbing. Made me laugh, but it’s a bit how I feel sometimes. If I’m stressed, overexcited, anxious, tired, hungry, watching a chick flick, reading any novel... waterworks 😅

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.