Food & Drink #8 I like ALL the things

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve been listening to chain reaction on bbc sounds today and think the frauen would enjoy, basically a celeb chooses another one to interview then the next week the interviewee becomes interviewer and chooses someone else. The Bob Mortimer and Vic Reeves one had me in stitches my SG asked why I was laughing while cleaning the bathroom with earphones in 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I’ve been listening to chain reaction on bbc sounds today and think the frauen would enjoy, basically a celeb chooses another one to interview then the next week the interviewee becomes interviewer and chooses someone else. The Bob Mortimer and Vic Reeves one had me in stitches my SG asked why I was laughing while cleaning the bathroom with earphones in 😂
I love Vic and Bob. Will defo check that out, thanks for the recommendation Alan! I like watching the Bob Mortimer and Paul Whitehouse fishing show. Haven’t a clue about fishing but it nice easy watching if I’m feeling a bit anxious.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I love Vic and Bob. Will defo check that out, thanks for the recommendation Alan! I like watching the Bob Mortimer and Paul Whitehouse fishing show. Haven’t a clue about fishing but it nice easy watching if I’m feeling a bit anxious.
most of the interviews prior were serious in a convivial way and they just took the platform and ran with it in typical style you’ll love it. Yes I love the fishing show too! Love Bob

• Heart
Reactions: 9
What is a hawe, I have never heard of such a thing!
We had this for a late lunch/early tea: https://www.theguardian.com/food/20...eerful-rachel-roddy-thrifty-pasta-bake-recipe
As previously noted, I am an awful cook but things like this are so lovely and easy, I love the way Rachel's husband costed up the ingredients too (hello Jack). I'm not a great fan of courgettes but used leeks instead but any green crayons will do.
I read at demon speed so audible books aren't for me but have just finished Richard Osman's The Thursday Murder Club which was really enjoyable and apparently Steven Spielberg has bought the rights to make a film. Steven Spielberg making a film about an elder care facility in Kent! I also really enjoyed Candice Carty-Williams' Queenie.
Thank you for the kind words about the daughter's ex, I shouldn't have blurted it all out but it was so awful thinking that I had failed to recognise something so dark at the time. She and her baby are doing really well x
PS - Has anyone heard from @Sausage Grand Station recently?

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Ooh are you a foraging frau? I've also been eyeing up the haws to make ketchup, never made it before but lots of people rave about it.
Yes I am although pretty maverick! Before I moved in with my partner my limit was blackberries but this year managed to do meadowsweet 'champage', elderflower cordial and Queen Anne's lace jelly. Never done anything with hawes before but also heard good things. What about you?

• Heart
Reactions: 10
@Alansbigplate it looks fab, it’s got Bob, Buckles, John Cooper Clarke and Alison Steadman! What’s not to like?

Dinner tonight at chez Badass was baked ham, broccoli, green beans, corn on the cob and baked potatoes. V boring but so tasty, I forgot how much I love properly baked potatoes 🥔

• Heart
Reactions: 11
@Alansbigplate it looks fab, it’s got Bob, Buckles, John Cooper Clarke and Alison Steadman! What’s not to like?

Dinner tonight at chez Badass was baked ham, broccoli, green beans, corn on the cob and baked potatoes. V boring but so tasty, I forgot how much I love properly baked potatoes 🥔
I’ve really enjoyed it! Get it in your earholes

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
Yes I am although pretty maverick! Before I moved in with my partner my limit was blackberries but this year managed to do meadowsweet 'champage', elderflower cordial and Queen Anne's lace jelly. Never done anything with hawes before but also heard good things. What about you?
I did elderflower cordial too ☺. Also foraged sloes the other day for gin, have made blackberry jam, and may grab the fat damsons from up the road for chutney (Delia's spiced damson chutney is awesome!). I'm tempted to pick elderberries to make a syrup as it's nutrient rich, rosehips are too but I'm a bit wary of using them as you have to make sure all the irritant hairs are removed 😬

Pic of elderflower cordial, it was delicious ☺

Attachments

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
this weekend has been a complete haze. Its a few days before my period and Ive been zapped. Slept for hours at night with crazy dreams and then sleeping on the sofa during the day. Proper zonked. I used to have awful PMS over the 2 weeks, but now its much shorter and more intense 🥴😴

Fancy food today.. instant noodles for lunch & a fry up for dinner 🤪

• Heart
Reactions: 20
this weekend has been a complete haze. Its a few days before my period and Ive been zapped. Slept for hours at night with crazy dreams and then sleeping on the sofa during the day. Proper zonked. I used to have awful PMS over the 2 weeks, but now its much shorter and more intense 🥴😴

Fancy food today.. instant noodles for lunch & a fry up for dinner 🤪
You have my sympathies with the ever changing unpredictable PMS ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I did elderflower cordial too ☺. Also foraged sloes the other day for gin, have made blackberry jam, and may grab the fat damsons from up the road for chutney (Delia's spiced damson chutney is awesome!). I'm tempted to pick elderberries to make a syrup as it's nutrient rich, rosehips are too but I'm a bit wary of using them as you have to make sure all the irritant hairs are removed 😬

Pic of elderflower cordial, it was delicious ☺
Do you have a recipe for this? It looks delicious and elderflower cordially is my FANCY daughter’s favourite!

@crystaleyesd let us know how that new Russian book is, I’m intrigued! Just about to settle into bed and start Foe, I’m ridiculously excited

my boyfriend and I went for an impromptu meal on the seafront today, do not recommend eating a whole crab while wearing a white dress...

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 18
A
What is a hawe, I have never heard of such a thing!
We had this for a late lunch/early tea: https://www.theguardian.com/food/20...eerful-rachel-roddy-thrifty-pasta-bake-recipe
As previously noted, I am an awful cook but things like this are so lovely and easy, I love the way Rachel's husband costed up the ingredients too (hello Jack). I'm not a great fan of courgettes but used leeks instead but any green crayons will do.
I read at demon speed so audible books aren't for me but have just finished Richard Osman's The Thursday Murder Club which was really enjoyable and apparently Steven Spielberg has bought the rights to make a film. Steven Spielberg making a film about an elder care facility in Kent! I also really enjoyed Candice Carty-Williams' Queenie.
Thank you for the kind words about the daughter's ex, I shouldn't have blurted it all out but it was so awful thinking that I had failed to recognise something so dark at the time. She and her baby are doing really well x
hawe is the fruit of the hawthorn, bit like a rose hip

• Wow
Reactions: 10
Lots of things to respond to but starting with this!

Big hugs @SoulRebel — didn’t realise it was the same daughter with the beautiful baby. How hideous for you all, especially after every thing she’s been through over the past few months. Shock will pass, she’s moved on and has gorgeous new family to think about.

I LOVED Queenie — I heard CCW On Radio 6 recently talking about what she was doing now, including a screen play of Queenie! V excited by that!!

My kids “bought” the Richard Osman book for my dad for his birthday — will relieve him if it next time I can visit (shakes fist at COVID in futility)

I have not seen @Sausage Grand Station, nor @PineappleQueen19 for a LONG time— hope they’re both ok!

Friend who works in Waitrose says she doesn’t think the coffee will be back this side of Christmas. They’re also unsure what to do with their cafe area, as that’s a big wasted space these days.

I PMSL every time I see the Alan Partridge Alexa ad and think fondly of @Alansbigplate.

I also bought the Adam Buxton audiobook last month and it’s fabulous. He’s so likeable, and puts so much effort into things like the extra rambles and jingles. I think I only managed it because I was travelling alone and could just sit in the airport with earphones in, waiting and waiting, but completely agree with all Fraus reporting attention span issues. I’m having BIG troubles with this, I normally read a few books every week, but have only
read 3 novels since March 😞 — but I do have lots going on (mental health issues arising with kids, ill parents, job, own health, money, before even thinking about lockdown and pandemics). Life is tit in so many ways at the moment, but for everyone — it’s not like any of us are suffering on our own here... feeling a bit maudlin, so just going to say Love 💕 You Fraus, you do all make me laugh. And think, but also laugh x

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Lots of things to respond to but starting with this!

Big hugs @SoulRebel — didn’t realise it was the same daughter with the beautiful baby. How hideous for you all, especially after every thing she’s been through over the past few months. Shock will pass, she’s moved on and has gorgeous new family to think about.

I LOVED Queenie — I heard CCW On Radio 6 recently talking about what she was doing now, including a screen play of Queenie! V excited by that!!

My kids “bought” the Richard Osman book for my dad for his birthday — will relieve him if it next time I can visit (shakes fist at COVID in futility)

I have not seen @Sausage Grand Station, nor @PineappleQueen19 for a LONG time— hope they’re both ok!

Friend who works in Waitrose says she doesn’t think the coffee will be back this side of Christmas. They’re also unsure what to do with their cafe area, as that’s a big wasted space these days.

I PMSL every time I see the Alan Partridge Alexa ad and think fondly of @Alansbigplate.

I also bought the Adam Buxton audiobook last month and it’s fabulous. He’s so likeable, and puts so much effort into things like the extra rambles and jingles. I think I only managed it because I was travelling alone and could just sit in the airport with earphones in, waiting and waiting, but completely agree with all Fraus reporting attention span issues. I’m having BIG troubles with this, I normally read a few books every week, but have only
read 3 novels since March 😞 — but I do have lots going on (mental health issues arising with kids, ill parents, job, own health, money, before even thinking about lockdown and pandemics). Life is tit in so many ways at the moment, but for everyone — it’s not like any of us are suffering on our own here... feeling a bit maudlin, so just going to say Love 💕 You Fraus, you do all make me laugh. And think, but also laugh x
Hugs to you, you said it all xx

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.