Food & Drink #8 I like ALL the things

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have to be honest not to put everyone on a downer I’m starting to feel a bit uneasy again about the virus situation. Woman in work-it’s so hard not to use people’s names- is planning on doing a big shop just incase we get locked down again and to be honest I can’t help but feel that might not be a bad idea.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
This sick chat is making me HOOT! One of my friends was known as the 'chunder queen' as she was so prone to drink-sicking - highlight was when she threw up what looked like purple noodles all down my leg (she'd had spag bol for dinner then had been drinking purple cocktails :sick: ) My uni also had 🔺 a lot of ducks, so there was an urban legend that someone once threw up on a duck (definitely a lie).

@heretoreaditall2019 the others have basically said the same that I wanted to - and I really hope people stop being stupid and you can see your family again soon x

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
I have to be honest not to put everyone on a downer I’m starting to feel a bit uneasy again about the virus situation. Woman in work-it’s so hard not to use people’s names- is planning on doing a big shop just incase we get locked down again and to be honest I can’t help but feel that might not be a bad idea.
Hopefully this time the supermarkets will immediately be able to put limits in if they get a sniff of that happening. I think in March, there was maybe 3-5 days where no limits for anything were in place and people totally lost it. Number of cases per 100,000 is still thankfully quite low where I am but it's really starting to impact my anxiety again.

Absolutely loving these vomit stories fraus!!! At uni, I once threw up very neatly into a pint glass in a club, filled it right up to the brim, and then carried on dancing!

@crystaleyesd we also had a Baa Bar! The shots tasted like syrupy awfulness! Yet still did them far too much. I swear they had a chilli flavoured one too? Although maybe that was Vodka Revs.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
This sick chat is making me HOOT! One of my friends was known as the 'chunder queen' as she was so prone to drink-sicking - highlight was when she threw up what looked like purple noodles all down my leg (she'd had spag bol for dinner then had been drinking purple cocktails :sick: ) My uni also had 🔺 a lot of ducks, so there was an urban legend that someone once threw up on a duck (definitely a lie).

@heretoreaditall2019 the others have basically said the same that I wanted to - and I really hope people stop being stupid and you can see your family again soon x
Yeah I’m not having bolognese for my tea tonight anymore 🤣 and ditto what everyone else has said @heretoreaditall2019 💜

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
worst thing was, i turned it over, but it happened again later in the year. My mum came to pick me up at the end of the year (I was severly hungover and hadn't packed ANYTHING. she helped me, took hours which as you can imagine was hell). she saw the matress and was like omg I'm going to turn it over... was worse on other side :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: the look on her face.... The frustrating thing about that is I (and most people I know) have been so careful to avoid another lockdown, and selfish people like so many influencers have flouted the rules and caused a second wave, as if they are above everyone else.
omg thank you for this I needed this story 😂

And thank you fraus I can’t tag you (on phone with happy sleepy but heavy baby limiting arm!) but it’s really sweet and means a lot, I missed the love sharing on the last thread but honestly it’s been a god send having you guys during covid and it’s making me emotional again (maybe I’m getting my period hence this insanity).

You’re right it’s so tit, when I go out to our little highstreet barely anyone is wearing a bleeping mask?! Why are they making people go into offices? How can you go out on the lash in the south but you can’t visit family up north? It’s a bleeping joke. Also agreed I’ve booked weekly food order slots for as far ahead as poss as that fucked us last time.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Oh my days... Goldschlager. We used to be SO broke in Uni, we'd pre drink till kingdom come at mine, head into town to the cub BEFORE 11 as girls were free, and we'd whip around for the lads entry (only fair ha) and we'd do a Goldschlager first and most of us would be happy out - cause it cuts your throat with real gold ya know 🤣 Oh I shudder for all the shots we used to do. Sambuca, Jaeger...only thing I'll do now is a baby Guinness!

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Hopefully this time the supermarkets will immediately be able to put limits in if they get a sniff of that happening. I think in March, there was maybe 3-5 days where no limits for anything were in place and people totally lost it. Number of cases per 100,000 is still thankfully quite low where I am but it's really starting to impact my anxiety again.

Absolutely loving these vomit stories fraus!!! At uni, I once threw up very neatly into a pint glass in a club, filled it right up to the brim, and then carried on dancing!
I think it wil be worse this time tbh... there are so many stories warning of post brexit food shortages

• Sad
I once was sick after tia Maria- it was utterly horrifying, just black liquid coming back up.

The saddest part was that I was at the flat of a guy I’d fancied for ages and thought I’d never have a chance with- he was really sweet and walked me back to the taxi rank (slightly disgusted but very polite) and I never saw him again!

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
Also on flavoured shots - they were always on offer which suggests they knew no one actually wanted them, so why did they keep producing them? Apple sourz 😷
I won't lie, I'd still drink Apple Sourz! They tasted like they had feck all in them. We used to make my friend do Aftershock because she couldn't handle them. Terrible 😅

There's no alcohol vom like that of red wine. I once went to a hogmanay house party drank a bottle of red wine and some shots, threw up in the bathroom, cleaned it, and found a bed by about half 10. Good times...

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 12
I think it wil be worse this time tbh... there are so many stories warning of post brexit food shortages
Yeah if it combines with Brexit it could be a nightmare, that's a good point. My Mum gets massively anxious about this stuff. She was buying masks, sanitiser and tinned food from mid-January... everyone laughed at her but she got the last laugh I guess. Plus it did mean that she wasn't actually contributing to the panic buying going on mid March. But she's started stocking up again... maybe I should use her as a litmus test.

It was awful in March because I couldn't get any sanitiser for my severely immunocompromised MIL... thankfully my Mum posted me some!

• Heart
Yeah if it combines with Brexit it could be a nightmare, that's a good point. My Mum gets massively anxious about this stuff. She was buying masks, sanitiser and tinned food from mid-January... everyone laughed at her but she got the last laugh I guess. Plus it did mean that she wasn't actually contributing to the panic buying going on mid March. But she's started stocking up again... maybe I should use her as a litmus test.

It was awful in March because I couldn't get any sanitiser for my severely immunocompromised MIL... thankfully my Mum posted me some!
I couldn't buy any sanitiser but stole some before leaving work :LOL: but i had a colleague who posted online about her buying about 50+ bottles of hand sanitiser.... i was livid as were most of my colleagues, it's such a selfish attitude. I am tempted to start (slowly) stocking up on tins tbh

• Wow
  • Haha

I think your mum sounds quite sensible getting a few bits at a time, that'll keep, rather than panic buying.

Reactions: 13
I couldn't buy any sanitiser but stole some before leaving work :LOL: but i had a colleague who posted online about her buying about 50+ bottles of hand sanitiser.... i was livid as were most of my colleagues, it's such a selfish attitude. I am tempted to start (slowly) stocking up on tins tbh
50+!!! That's ridiculous... and why would you post that online?! Stinking attitude, that! Yeah I think I will too. My partner has starting calling the cupboard that the washing machine is in 'the pantry' because there's about three tins baked beans balanced on top of the washing machine 🤣But at least I can put them there, I guess!

I think your mum sounds quite sensible getting a few bits at a time, that'll keep, rather than panic buying.
With hindsight I would definitely agree. She invested in a big freezer and has turned my old bedroom into where she keeps the tinned goods (they have a tiny kitchen and no storage space). That makes her sound like a doomsday prepper but it meant that she did not have to leave the house at the height of the first wave which I was very grateful for!

• Heart
  • Haha
We once had a conversation at work about 'what was your first booze puke'? 🤢
The common thread was that whatever it was we never drank again!! Mine was Kirsch. Can't even look at cherry brandy now.

I also remember a particularly spectacular evening with my Scottish cousins drinking whisky and Irn Bru.... My sick was bright orange and my cousin tells me the pavement was stained for years afterwards....

• Haha
As everyone's sharing their pukey tales, this feels on brand.

I started a new job a few years back and had only been there a couple of months when office Christmas party time rolled around. Obviously I joined in the drinking with merry abandon, downing many, many, many glasses of red wine. We eventually left the pub and headed to one of my colleague's friend's house (someone I'd never met before — or since!), at which point the booze started to catch up with me and I began to feel a bit woozy. Went in search of a toilet but found a bedroom instead and proceeded to throw up red wine all over her white bedsheets 🤢 Very few memories after that other than trying to scrub the stains out with my woolly hat (cream-coloured, since consigned to the bin). I can't imagine how raging I'd be if a stranger came to my house and threw up on my bed?!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
50+!!! That's ridiculous... and why would you post that online?! Stinking attitude, that! Yeah I think I will too. My partner has starting calling the cupboard that the washing machine is in 'the pantry' because there's about three tins baked beans balanced on top of the washing machine 🤣But at least I can put them there, I guess!

With hindsight I would definitely agree. She invested in a big freezer and has turned my old bedroom into where she keeps the tinned goods (they have a tiny kitchen and no storage space). That makes her sound like a doomsday prepper but it meant that she did not have to leave the house at the height of the first wave which I was very grateful for!
yeh, it is typical of a tory attitude tbh, as if you having hand sanitiser will stop others affecting you. I lost all respect for her tbh

We once had a conversation at work about 'what was your first booze puke'? 🤢
The common thread was that whatever it was we never drank again!! Mine was Kirsch. Can't even look at cherry brandy now.

I also remember a particularly spectacular evening with my Scottish cousins drinking whisky and Irn Bru.... My sick was bright orange and my cousin tells me the pavement was stained for years afterwards....
omg mine is absolute vodka (fancy) got in duty free after a holiday just before uni. i cannot even smell it without wanting ot be sick and this was over 20 years ago

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
As everyone's sharing their pukey tales, this feels on brand.

I started a new job a few years back and had only been there a couple of months when office Christmas party time rolled around. Obviously I joined in the drinking with merry abandon, downing many, many, many glasses of red wine. We eventually left the pub and headed to one of my colleague's friend's house (someone I'd never met before — or since!), at which point the booze started to catch up with me and I began to feel a bit woozy. Went in search of a toilet but found a bedroom instead and proceeded to throw up red wine all over her white bedsheets 🤢 Very few memories after that other than trying to scrub the stains out with my woolly hat (cream-coloured, since consigned to the bin). I can't imagine how raging I'd be if a stranger came to my house and threw up on my bed?!
Oh my god 🤣 Bet you had The Fear the next day!

• Haha
Joining in the drunk student stories, I remember staying at someone’s flat and being sick in the (convenient) sick in the room I was in. I’d eaten mushrooms pizza so all the mushrooms got stuck in the sink. I had to use loo roll to prise them out and then flush down the loo! Another time I got off the late night bus to be sick behind the local shops, it was 5am and as I was puking I looked up and there was the baker standing at his back door watching me 😳😩

@heretoreaditall2019 please do not worry, all your baby wants is you!! She will be loving all the snuggly feeds and relaxed mood. When you have lots of visitors with a newborn it’s a total headfuck, just too much tbh. Enjoy every minute of it x

• Heart
  • Haha
Joining in the drunk student stories, I remember staying at someone’s flat and being sick in the (convenient) sick in the room I was in. I’d eaten mushrooms pizza so all the mushrooms got stuck in the sink. I had to use loo roll to prise them out and then flush down the loo! Another time I got off the late night bus to be sick behind the local shops, it was 5am and as I was puking I looked up and there was the baker standing at his back door watching me 😳😩

@heretoreaditall2019 please do not worry, all your baby wants is you!! She will be loving all the snuggly feeds and relaxed mood. When you have lots of visitors with a newborn it’s a total headfuck, just too much tbh. Enjoy every minute of it x
So conflicted between a 🤢 response for the first story and a ❤ response for the second paragraph.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.