Food & Drink #8 I like ALL the things

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm planning on buying 1 extra pack of loo roll and some pasta and some chocolate just in case...
Waitrose online has run out of their own brand baked beans so I think other people have the same idea. It’s been like that for a few days.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
Thank you. It's quite difficult to hear about it all now, but I think that he got worse with power and fame, he ended up running a craft beer bar in Brixton as well as running the record label. I still have a one-eyed Siamese kitten who needs antibiotics every day and I just mash them up in some fish, could you do something like that?
no no no no no.... although he plays dumb all the time he can sniff out a tablet a mile off and it doesn't matter how much cheese we try to disguise it with!!!

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
after a night of illegal underage drinking (including a few pints of a mysteriously sounding 'jungle juice' that no one knew its ingredients or indeed ever had more than 2 pints) & raucous teenage cavorting I spent an unpleasant 45min throwing up into a carrier bag on the top deck of our bus to sixth form..
Dinner the previous evening was indeed spag bol & yes, there were holes in said carrier bag which barely contained its filthy contents.

I'm aware that I may not be coming across in a terribly good light here...
I, as you I imagine are, am glad this is anonymous :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I, as you I imagine are, am glad this is anonymous :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
From a professional point of view, absolutely!
Personally...I couldn't give 2 hoots🦉🦉🤣 I'm glad that I've had a past full of experience, regret & learning from my mistakes.

Still an absolute legend when I'm out though😘

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
no no no no no.... although he plays dumb all the time he can sniff out a tablet a mile off and it doesn't matter how much cheese we try to disguise it with!!!
Can't you crush the tablets? I squish them between 2 teaspoons?

Reactions: 7
Oh god I NEED some wine....Just been to the vets because the dog has a teeny tiny scratch on his head that won't heal.
Turns out it is infected and cost me £150 !!!!
Glad he got medicine and vet was lovely but all of you with children need to push them into a career in Veterinary skills!!! plenty of money to be made in stupid Mastiffs that stick their heads in brambles!!!
Hope he feels better soon.Your wine's medicinal for shock 😊.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Does he like to catch food? My dog will catch treats so if he's being difficult with tablets, I'll chuck him a few cubes of cheese (his fave) then a tablet and a few more bits of cheese.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Can't you crush the tablets? I squish them between 2 teaspoons?
No, little sod cottoned on to that years ago! Because he is so big he has to have 5 worming tablets at a time and he has the memory of an elephant! (as well as nearly being as big as an elephant!!!)

Does he like to catch food? My dog will catch treats so if he's being difficult with tablets, I'll chuck him a few cubes of cheese (his fave) then a tablet and a few more bits of cheese.
We caught him out with the first one. Told him he was a good boy and made him do all his tricks to think he was getting his treat!! After that he refused...Snuck it into some cheese and spat it out.... Because of his size we have to give him 5 worming tablets at a time and he's on to us....

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Thank you. It's quite difficult to hear about it all now, but I think that he got worse with power and fame, he ended up running a craft beer bar in Brixton as well as running the record label. I still have a one-eyed Siamese kitten who needs antibiotics every day and I just mash them up in some fish, could you do something like that?
Our family chi will only take tablets disguised in pate.

Reactions: 8
I always think vet bills are a great reminder of how lucky we are to have the NHS!

@SoulRebel - big hugs to your daughter, I hope she's okay. My first boyfriend, who I was with on and off for three years between 18 and 21, now lives in a permanent secure hostel for high-risk sex offenders after a short prison sentence and will never be let back into the community, and something like that can really make you doubt your own ability to read people.

• Heart
  • Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 25
Oh no @SoulRebel that must be a shock, not nice for any of you, very upsetting ❤

My last dog was so good, he needed tablets every day and would let you pop them in. My current dog is a rascal, he will manage to eat the cheese round them and spit the tablet out... or any food stuff. I put cream cheese in my fingers and get him to lick it off and mid lick (about 3 fingers in) I offer a bit of tablet wrapped in ham and he goes back to cheese licking!🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
I seem to recall we had some Vengaboys too! I didn't go to any of my freshers events - I was already dating a third year by the time I started uni so I thought I was *far* too cool for fresher stuff :ROFLMAO:. I did enjoy the odd foam party though... looking back, it's unclear why!

I once went to a club on a boat. It was, err, a sex club though... :oops: - you definitely wouldn't want to fall off deck in that place 😂
@crystaleyesd please, I’m BEGGING you, write your autobiography!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
No, little sod cottoned on to that years ago! Because he is so big he has to have 5 worming tablets at a time and he has the memory of an elephant! (as well as nearly being as big as an elephant!!!)

We caught him out with the first one. Told him he was a good boy and made him do all his tricks to think he was getting his treat!! After that he refused...Snuck it into some cheese and spat it out.... Because of his size we have to give him 5 worming tablets at a time and he's on to us....
I hope your boy is ok.

Sounds a bit like the knee licker - he's a Ridgeback/Mastiff cross, and was such a big dramatic baby when he needed antibiotics. He likes his (eye wateringly expensive) worming tablets though, as they're like a meaty chunk thing.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Glad you liked it! I think Asda also does more flavours like chive and pineapple, separately, not together. I like it on toast with hot chilli pepper jelly on top. There was a cafe in Crouch End that used to serve it like that. It’s also good stuffed in a heated pita with chilli jelly or favourite chutney.
My most recent purchase was the red one in this picture. You can buy online or they are available at lots of delis.
I love these jams! My favourite is the lemon drop chilli one, I'm actually growing these chillies at the moment to make into some jam, they have an amazing flavour ☺

@Toffee finger I do indeed have my plant!

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.