Food & Drink #5 Sit the feck down, I need to see the fecking bread cart!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I had my third baby just before a heatwave. I spent about 4 weeks just breastfeeding and wearing giant tena pants (easier at the beginning than pads), half naked, eating Hagen Dazs with wet muslins draped over me. Everyone was fed, the house was pretty clean, but that was it. It was good in a way because there was no pressure nor compulsion to actually do much. Except eat. And watch telly. I’m front of a fan. My first two I was running around like a headless chicken as soon as I was home. No good for anyone.
The house was pretty clean?! That's far too impressive! Other than that I think I might borrow this approach if I have another baby and decide to give breastfeeding another go.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Oh tinysnark, don’t be at all embarrassed. I actually cascade at times. Such a lame bloody side effect though. Always get it the worst just as I’m leaving for a wedding or interview. But definitely have a chat with them, a friend of mine who has Botox for sweats has recommended a special anti perspirant from boots but I’m going to try it before I recommend - I’ll let you know (apparently you can use it on your scalp which excites me because wet hair is not the one)
Yes it is specifically my hairline that's bad and the back of the neck 🤢 when I was getting my hair coloured the other week let me just say the foils made me a human microwave. Ugh!

ETA "Tinysnark" 🤣 I love it

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Right?! This is my vegan brain talking, but how is it normal for grown adults to drink boob milk from a cow, but not a growing infant to have boob milk from an actual human?
EXACTLYYYYYY! And @Begborrowsteal is right, it's because boobs have been made into sex objects and so people feel uncomfortable. Flipping ridiculous.

My brother calls cow milk "udder juice" 🤢🤢 I think it's his way of trying to get everyone onto Oatly!

Reactions: 14
I'm ridiculously excited about the fact I've, uh, ~treated~ myself (??? lol it doesn't take much to make me happy!) to some cheapo chopped pork, which I'm going to have on toast tomorrow for breakfast and probably lunch too, in a sandwich with soft white bread, cucumber, and mayo. I just simply love cheapo chopped pork and to go back to a question asked earlier, it's a real guilty pleasure. EXCITING TIMES!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Good dinner for the heat tonight, courtesy of River Cottage Light & Easy. This is slightly bastardised to allow for laziness:
chop new potatoes into bite-sized chunks and boil til soft (about 10 mins). Drain, then return the potatoes to the hot pan. Make a dressing by combining olive oil, apple cider vinegar (or any old vinegar really), a grated garlic clove and a spoonful of your favourite mustard or mustard powder. Flake smoked mackerel fillets into the pan with the potatoes and squeeze a lemon over the mixture. Add seasoning (plenty of black pepper, obvs). Stir a bag of spinach through until it’s wilted. Pour on the dressing and stir. Serve in bowls.

One question, though. Why did Hugh think it was ok to pose like this for a book cover with these poor leeks?

B75A2F3E-7058-480A-B53F-06F135133C4B.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 18
is it just me or is it literally HOTTER THAN THE SUN tonight?!

went out for my dinner with my pal tonight, ordered a bottle of rose, patatas bravas, Padron peppers, salmon crudo, artichokes and courgettes, sardines and the lamb belly and the whole meal came to £29 each including tips! I will really miss eat out to help out when it’s over
6ED101E7-5803-4585-8D6E-95F4DC233A2F.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 21
EXACTLYYYYYY! And @Begborrowsteal is right, it's because boobs have been made into sex objects and so people feel uncomfortable. Flipping ridiculous.

My brother calls cow milk "udder juice" 🤢🤢 I think it's his way of trying to get everyone onto Oatly!
Totally agree, @GrunkaLunka my son was a big boy and everyone (I.e. in laws) kept saying he needed a bottle. Well he managed at 6 months to get to 24lbs on just breastmilk so think he was fine. They (in laws) were even worse about my second child self wean, no idea why they cared that she was aged 2 and still breastfeeding? After all it wasn’t them doing it 🤣

I live where it usually rains, however today schools went back and it’s been glorious. I decided to cut the grass. Bad move! I had to have 2 extra showers I was so sweaty!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Good dinner for the heat tonight, courtesy of River Cottage Light & Easy. This is slightly bastardised to allow for laziness:
chop new potatoes into bite-sized chunks and boil til soft (about 10 mins). Drain, then return the potatoes to the hot pan. Make a dressing by combining olive oil, apple cider vinegar (or any old vinegar really), a grated garlic clove and a spoonful of your favourite mustard or mustard powder. Flake smoked mackerel fillets into the pan with the potatoes and squeeze a lemon over the mixture. Add seasoning (plenty of black pepper, obvs). Stir a bag of spinach through until it’s wilted. Pour on the dressing and stir. Serve in bowls.

One question, though. Why did Hugh think it was ok to pose like this for a book cover with these poor leeks?

View attachment 209948
I cannot see HFW without thinking far too much about his alleged sexual proclivities, documented both here and on mumsnet. But mostly his alleged response to being challenged on them which was apparently 'It's just what I do.' I now use this defence often.

I am watching C4 tonight and it's made me angry, both the Michael Mosley shite (please do not watch if you have any sort of dodgy relationship with food, I'm not even going to name it, because even its title is triggering) and this strange program about Missguided which just seems to be an extended advertorial. I doubt I am the target market for this, but I'm finding it quite bizarre.

Reactions: 16
OMG @Breakdance Badass @Flumps what hideous can of worms is this?! I am off to search Mumsnet. I knew something was up, I could tell by the angle of those leeks.
Well my goss was a friend’s friend. She met him at an event and he was coming onto her all night, they went back to hers when she then said she didn’t want anything to happen. She Was woken up the next day by the bed being shaken violently and it was HFW sitting at the end of the bed staring at her and wanking furiously!

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 20
Evening!! Will you lot stop triangulating yourselves?! Give her of the almighty tracking skills a chance to show her prowess (yuk that wasn't meant to sound like that...)

That said, I don't mind telling you I'm in the North West, it's been stifling today but thankfully we had an almighty raft of rain with thunder and lightning at about 7pm and it's rained on and off since.

I shall investigate this HFW as I've never liked him so I'll be glad to have a valid reason instead of the usual "I just don't!"

Hope everyone is well xxx

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Just been googling HFW frantically. What a caper, he’s a real pest, not sure what to do with this new information. Also learned he keeps a Cornish pasty in his pocket when he’s gardening - which isn’t a euphemism but should be

• Haha
Reactions: 18
HFW always set off my icky radar, but I never really knew why until I joined here. I know there's a lot of love for Nigel Slater too, but he's another one that does.

Weirdly, the only negative comment I ever got about BF came from my mother, who had fed all three of us herself.

Reactions: 9
I'm done with JM, her thread and all, she's not good for my blood pressure! Love you lovely people on this thread with delicious food suggestions, happy to stay around for you, JM can now FO!

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.