Food & Drink #5 Sit the feck down, I need to see the fecking bread cart!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Afternoon, Frauen.

So many congrats on the job interview @Jay-cloth Cow - smashing pandemic life.

Solidarity on the spattered oil burns, @colouredlines - I was making flatbreads in a crop top last night and it did not end well for me.

It was 23° at midnight last night and I was not a happy Frau but there's a promising breeze at the moment so maybe I will sleep for more than a sweaty hour tonight.

p.s. glad to see Monroe back on her bullshit. Need the distraction.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
Yep it’s so hot! I think it’s supposed to go downhill after today though. I don’t want to moan about the heat but I would actually love to be chilly right now.

parents of teens, do you spend your life asking if they’ve put deodorant on today? Asking for a friend. 😂
Yes, then marvel at them spraying it A. layer on layer without washing.... B. over clothes. Honestly, and these are girls.

@Jay-cloth Cow Good luck ! I have faith in you, you'll ace it.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Yes, then marvel at them spraying it A. layer on layer without washing.... B. over clothes. Honestly, and these are girls.
Ahahaha. Yes. That. There's nothing like the smell of deo overlaying sweaty clothes smell to warn you that a teenager is incoming.

Though I am confused by mine, as she seems to spend approx 85% of her life in the shower, so when does the sweat ever get a chance to materialise?

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Wish me luck everyone I’m going on an hours and hours long car journey in the sweltering heat with a pre teen to visit my mother 😖 doing a rain dance for you all before I set off

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Frozen pomegranate seeds in a salad. It’s the future! I have transformed my nowhere near cold enough couscous.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Wish me luck everyone I’m going on an hours and hours long car journey in the sweltering heat with a pre teen to visit my mother 😖 doing a rain dance for you all before I set off
Good luck! Hope you have mini fans. Been wondering where you were ❤

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
It's too hot to eat here, I'm having water and grapes for a late lunch. No more rain, please, this was in Seville yesterday.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 24
Afternoon fraus! That is some terrifying flooding @SoulRebel !

The incoming storms are like Jack Monroe's promises to add a recipe/write a blog/update her Patreon... not very forthcoming.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I am in a stuffy study grunka-ing away on two weeks of ignored emails (honestly, can't believe none of them have been offering me a modelling contract) whilst listening the people next door splashing around in their pool. I am feeling murderous.

I'm also agreeing with JM's latest twitter tirade. WHAT IS HAPPENING???

• Haha
Reactions: 21
I am in a stuffy study grunka-ing away on two weeks of ignored emails (honestly, can't believe none of them have been offering me a modelling contract) whilst listening the people next door splashing around in their pool. I am feeling murderous.

I'm also agreeing with JM's latest twitter tirade. WHAT IS HAPPENING???
This is the time to shamelessly make friends with the neighbours.. sadly no one near me in se London has a pool 😂 what is this latest rant?

Reactions: 10
This is the time to shamelessly make friends with the neighbours.. sadly no one near me in se London has a pool 😂 what is this latest rant?
Oh, it's just about austerity and the tories. Basic lefty stuff so it's not a stretch to say 'I agree that austerity hurts the poorest hardest'. Still...can't muster up much energy to tear her to shreds just now. Staying off the mother thread...

Don't triangulate me but apparently pools are a thing once you start hitting proper suburban London! 👀

MEIN LONDON FRAUS. I JUST HEARD THUNDER. LAY IT ON ME.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 30
Oh, it's just about austerity and the tories. Basic lefty stuff so it's not a stretch to say 'I agree that austerity hurts the poorest hardest'. Still...can't muster up much energy to tear her to shreds just now. Staying off the mother thread...

Don't triangulate me but apparently pools are a thing once you start hitting proper suburban London! 👀

MEIN LONDON FRAUS. I JUST HEARD THUNDER. LAY IT ON ME.

I heard it too, sweet baby Jesus, we are SAVED!!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
I’m in Surrey. Lots of rumbly thunder followed by 2 seconds of rain that has already dried up 😫 help

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
I found out yesterday that a small croft house in the next village to mine has an indoor pool! Guy put it in in the '80s and it's heated by a domestic boiler, he's now in his 90s and is spending more than the state pension a year on his utility bills because the boiler is heating the water to domestic hot water temperatures and then it goes through a cooling system before getting into the pool. Friends of mine are trying to sort the whole thing out for him.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 19
Ooof so sorry to get my fraus' hopes up. This thunder is teasing like a priest in purgatory (Jackie - I actually did make that one up. So what if it doesn't make any sense?? 🤣)

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.