Food & Drink #5 Sit the feck down, I need to see the fecking bread cart!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ha ha thanks. I kid myself it was healthy as all items were vegan specific!

I’ve also just attempted to eat a mango smoothie lolly. They subbed these instead of a good old orange ice lolly. It was the weirdest thing I’ve put in my mouth 😳 It wasn’t lolly like. It wasn’t sorbet like. It wasn’t ice cream like. I had to bin it.

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 12
Good luck @Jay-cloth Cow!

Nothing exciting to report here other than my son just sniffed me and said I smell ‘humid’. I’ve got to take my work shoes off in a minute and it’s not going to be pretty..

I had a bag of marmite crisps and some Cadbury’s Caramel as a aperitif before tea. My excuse is I need to replace the lost electrolytes 😜

• Heart
Reactions: 17
You know when it gets really humid and muggy and overcast, right before a storm?

It's been like that for three full days here now. I am desperate for this storm to hit so we can get it over with. So sweaty...

ETA: Oh, and I was cooking dinner in a bikini and managed to splatter hot oil over my stomach so now I am sweaty and BURNED. 😖

• Sad
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Thank you to everyone for your kind words!! I'll let you know how it goes, means a lot to me having the backing of the wonderful cabal 💪

• Heart
Reactions: 23
You got this, @Jay-cloth Cow ! I have had rocket lolly for dinner and am half a bottle into some chilled Viognier. It's delicious.
Watching Selling Sunset. Need something easy. We watched When They see Us last week. It was amazing, but God did I cry. I highly recommend it to anyone strong enough to deal with difficult stuff right now. Def NOT one for new mums though!

• Heart
Reactions: 16
You got this, @Jay-cloth Cow ! I have had rocket lolly for dinner and am half a bottle into some chilled Viognier. It's delicious.
Watching Selling Sunset. Need something easy. We watched When They see Us last week. It was amazing, but God did I cry. I highly recommend it to anyone strong enough to deal with difficult stuff right now. Def NOT one for new mums though!
I watched WTSU a few months ago and then followed it with The Khalief Browder Story. I cried so much! My son has just turned 16 and they just left me with such a heavy heart 💔

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
I watched Holby City and was sobbing! @Harrybosch WTSU was so upsetting, I couldnt even be angry, it was SO unjust and unfair what they went through. Heartbreaking!

The heat has definitely gone to my head. I was picturing a healthy lolly of water with rocket leaves frozen into it. Fackin 'ell, wake up Grunka 🙄
I was watching Travel Man last night & it featured rocket ice cream 🤔

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 9
You know when it gets really humid and muggy and overcast, right before a storm?

It's been like that for three full days here now. I am desperate for this storm to hit so we can get it over with. So sweaty...

ETA: Oh, and I was cooking dinner in a bikini and managed to splatter hot oil over my stomach so now I am sweaty and BURNED. 😖
Rub some mayo on it babe

• Haha
  • Sick
@Jay-cloth Cow Congratulations and best of luck for tomorrow; am sure you’ll smash it!

@GothPrincess Fair Havens is now located there too, what a lovely area for a hospice, not. I know they needed more space and somewhere purpose built but come on, the smell, the main road, the train line and a pub all within meters. Who’s bright idea was that?

I have struggled today; the heat is killing me, I’m a bugger for keeping my fluids up and eating when it’s this hot, and so I passed out at work today. Had to tell my manager and one of our doctors about the chipolata (thankfully had told the parents yesterday) but I was still enjoying having it be my little secret.

Mr Sausage is on nights so I am sprawled out in bed; with two fans pointing directly at me and a cat between my feet; it’s bliss.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Hope you had a lovely birthday @Spoonfulofjam also good luck @Jay-cloth Cow !

on the subject of food, what are your food heroes? Things that make achieving tasty food simpler?

a couple of mine

30937831407646.jpg

and

snapshotimagehandler_1420598789.jpeg

other brands are available, Aldi season all and garlic infused olive among many

great for roast potatoes and chicken x

• Heart
Reactions: 18
If any fraus here are interested in the feminist movement and/or the US in the '70s, I'd recommend giving Mrs America a go on BBC iPlayer. It's a mini series about the campaign for equal rights and the women who fought for/against it. It has a hell of a cast (Cate Blanchett, Rose Byrne, Sarah Paulson, Tracey Ullman, Elizabeth Banks) and a cracking soundtrack.

I've been watching it the last few days and am about to pop on another episode 📺

ETA the above isn't strictly on the topic of food and drink, so I shall add that I've got a big glass of fizzy elderflower cordial in hand. I hate all cordials except elderflower 🔺
I'm up to episode 4 already, it's absolutely cracking, thank you for such a great recommendation Marmite.

Has anyone else watched "Kantaro: The Sweet Toothed Salaryman" on Netflix? It's a Japanese show about a salaryman who is obsessed with puddings. Each episode he introduces a new pudding at a cafe somewhere in Tokyo that he wants to write about on his blog, whilst skiving off from work. It's very strange but I don't know anyone else that has watched it yet... there's a review here if you're curious.

Oooh, and Midnight Diner: Tokyo Stories on Netflix is lovely drama too, each episode is a little story and there's a new dish cooked each time, it's very sweet and very Japanese.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
@Jay-cloth Cow well done and good luck 💕

@Sausage Grand Station hope you are feeling ok and take care- maybe set some alarms on your phone for definite drinks and food to kind of force yourself to. Although I have one of those times water bottles for work and I’m either through it all in the first bit or ignoring all the times so I should practice what I preach!

thé heat has got to my head in a bad way- someone at work did something completely innocuous but in a really sexy way today due to the weather and it’s making me feel a bit tummy flippy whenever I think about it! Said person is not usually in any way attractive (and I’m happily married) so I’m blaming this stupid heatwave!

• Haha
  • Heart
My dinner this eve was rib eye steak, roasted new pots, and green beans and mushrooms in a crème fraiche and blue cheese sauce. I also cooked a Bolognese for tomorrow night, grumpily, as I was bloody sweating and resented cooking something I wasn't about to eat!

Food heroes - Maldon salt, chorizo (easy to make things taste yummy with chorizo), butter, garlic ☺

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
Welcome to the world new bubbas, congratulations new mamas ❤
Congratulations on the job fronts for a few of you (I think) ❤
Happy birthday Jammy Spoon 🥳 hope you've had a lovely day xx

Genuinely forgotten everything else - I've been catching up over a few days as I've been BUSY but hugs to people feeling down, men can be right plebs sometimes and so can parents - your own and the ones you marry into! I'm lucky enough to not speak to either set of mine - it's such a relief! Been no contact with my mum for 12 years and gave up making the effort with the in-laws about a year ago - it's bliss.

Hope tomorrow is cooler for us all xx

• Heart
Reactions: 19
@Jay-cloth Cow YESSSSS on you bossing the job front in a pandemic! Good luck for tomorrow!

I usually class myself as being completely unable to deal with heat of any kind, but my friend whose house I've been staying at has been prostrate on the sofa all day with 2 fans pointing at him and then retired to bed at 9pm with a triple whisky and a cheese toastie to help him sleep so....maybe I'm not so bad after all! This weather is kinda fine for me! Although I maintain that one of the worst sensations the human body can experience is that single bead of warm sweat that drips down your cleavage.

I cooked an encore of bulgur balls for my hosts (who asked for seconds :D), and we also did a mock viva for me on Zoom - real one is in 2 weeks! Also signed the sublet agreement! So although I spent £30 on passport photos for Vlad, today has been a good day :)

My food heroes are nduja (ffs JM ruined it, but it elevates a simple tomato pasta sauce), miso, harissa, tamarind, shrimp paste (basically anything that can happily sit in a jar for a couple of months and not go off). And then there's this:

crispy chili oil.jpg

Knocks all of the other chilli oils out of the park. I can eat it with a spoon...

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.