Food & Drink #5 Sit the feck down, I need to see the fecking bread cart!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh the blondies sound amazing - could you share the recipe please? I love rhubarb but end up having it stewed with yoghurt mainly!
Rhubarb custard blondies

Link to the recipe. I omitted the custard from the top this time and think it worked better. I always use custard made from powder and I don't think the consistency helps. Mine have never looked as pretty as those but they are God damn delicious.

Skipped ahead to post these so back to Grunka-ing.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Long time GL-ing, so just a few notes to you all, as I’ve missed you like proper mates!

ooh isn’t it hot, etc

Hope all going well with the tiny babies in this heat, @Gentlemensrelish and @heretoreaditall2019 .

massive congratulations on the unexpected chipolata in your baggage area @Sausage Grand Station (not a jack Whitehall reference 😉)

glad your date went well @BeautifulTrauma, looking forward to the next instalment 😀

all those feeling down, or enduring things that lock down has exacerbated — huge hugs too

those TTC (in this heat? Are you maad?) or who have lost little ones — all thoughts with you too.

@Toffee finger, condolences — hope family coping

@SoulRebel does that say 52C????? Sweet yeti of the Serengeti, that sounds unbearable

@crystaleyesd — loving your dedication to the crisp reviews! Also entranced by /living vicariously through your Turkish Love Triangle Delight

@Pocahontas, any chance of Vlad including a sharp brief blast of Arctic air (night time only) with our next bitcoin drop?

Oh I’m sure there’s lots more I’ve forgotten in this heat, but if you’re going through anything (and I include perimenopausal symptoms in that sweeping generalisation!) big socially responsible ❤ to you too)

Anyway, I would much rather be GL-ing here than the current unnecessary Groundhog Day unpleasantness of the mother thread. More lolly and kebab chat, and non-slop food photos and gifs please — no kittens or anything else Monroe -related 🥺

I’ll stay here until there’s a chaos to respond to

Message from Vlad:

Stop whining about the heat, you Bolshevik baby! Now leave me to enjoy my lovely ice bath.
0B554FAB-ECEF-4A70-970F-BD69440397DC.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
I just got an email from my kids school detailing what it will all look like from September. Its all so sad. Fortunately, my kids like school but I do worry for those with more anxious kids. It will be so strange for them. My two also need additional support, I do worry about the gaps in their learning too. bleeping covid.
Oh god I know how you feel. This is such a nightmare. The poor kids (and us). I hope you’re taking some time to think of yourself too. I’m still waiting for the details of how my child’s enormous school is going to do it and it’s less than a month now and nothing! I am a ball of anxiety at the worst of times and I need time to get my head round things before I can process it and present it to my anxiety sponge child in a positive way.

I am too hot to function and I would like to just skip to October please! No doubt the school’s will be closed again by then too. Awesome.

Also I don’t like jam but I do like @Spoonfulofjam so Happy Birthday! I hope you had as good a day as possible. 🎂

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Fraulen I have exciting news - I have an interview next week! Leading on from the phone interview I had last week, the actual manager wants to meet me over skype! Was especially good news for me as I pulled a sickie today after my horror of a manager referred to the 3 months leave I had at the start of the year due to
being suicidal and having a full on breakdown to the point that I couldn't do anything for myself and was a total zombie, I forgot how to tie my laces etc etc
as "Jay-cloth's little extended holiday". I am not holding out too much hope as I know the job market is terrible at the mo but its given me a huge confidence boost and I'm now picturing handing my notice in with a massive F-you to my boss (disclaimer - I would never actually do that, as much as I like to play the billy big-balls in my head I am far too placid to start a confrontation!)

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
Oh god I know how you feel. This is such a nightmare. The poor kids (and us). I hope you’re taking some time to think of yourself too. I’m still waiting for the details of how my child’s enormous school is going to do it and it’s less than a month now and nothing! I am a ball of anxiety at the worst of times and I need time to get my head round things before I can process it and present it to my anxiety sponge child in a positive way.
Its madness that school approaches have been inconsistent across the country; different ways of doing things. My boys will only mix with their class, have to eat their lunch in their classroom and get a set time to play out. Theres no direct contact between parents and staff (great when you have kids with additional needs 🙄), staggered drop off and pick up times, no school library, have to communicate with their teachers via their reading records.. its all so strange!

I hope yours takes it well and adjusts to the changes!

Reactions: 15
Yay huge congrats @Jay-cloth Cow!!

ive eaten out a lot these past few days and have a lot of veg from the veg box to use up so reluctantly standing over a stove sweating like a pig...

Love Rachel Roddy recipes on the guardian especially this chickpea and spinach braise (I used chard) - how can just olive oil, tomato paste, onion, chickpeas,sugar and greens taste so good?! To be eaten with steamed sweet potatoes and a very cold beer. Then straight down to the beach for a sunset swim!

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Fraulen I have exciting news - I have an interview next week! Leading on from the phone interview I had last week, the actual manager wants to meet me over skype! Was especially good news for me as I pulled a sickie today after my horror of a manager referred to the 3 months leave I had at the start of the year due to
being suicidal and having a full on breakdown to the point that I couldn't do anything for myself and was a total zombie, I forgot how to tie my laces etc etc
as "Jay-cloth's little extended holiday". I am not holding out too much hope as I know the job market is terrible at the mo but its given me a huge confidence boost and I'm now picturing handing my notice in with a massive F-you to my boss (disclaimer - I would never actually do that, as much as I like to play the billy big-balls in my head I am far too placid to start a confrontation!)
This is great news Jay-CC, well done!

I got a new job in lockdown - it is definitely possible! And the advantage of video interviews is that you can put your notes up on the wall or in front of you so you’ve got a prompt if you need it. I positioned my notes so that I could read them with my most thoughtful, intelligent head tilt 🤣 Best of luck and let us know how you get on!

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Phew, caught up. Rudely I’ve been having to work today, plus parent boisterous children! However, wait for it Fraus, mine go back to school tomorrow. Yep 🔺 I’m in Scotland so tonight I’m making packed lunch: chicken wraps, plums and crisps (boring!) and ironing polo shirts.

Happy Birthday and good luck with interviews all! My favourite jam is rhubarb and ginger 😍 but really my favourite spread is marmalade 🍊

• Heart
Reactions: 19
That is without a doubt the best bed I've ever seen

I'm especially enamoured with the little scruffy brown fella (or lady!) by the pillow!

That's my Terry, he's a little old Yorkie with cataracts but he still thinks hat he is the boss dog.
Christ, is that R C-B’s head you’ve scribbled over? 😂
Hardly Rutshire, lovely, but my current lovely Essex builder bloke says TYVM x

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.