Food & Drink #5 Sit the feck down, I need to see the fecking bread cart!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Was it the colour and consistency of marmite? I’m sure I remember a pear spread like that in the 90s!
No, it was sort of the colour of golden caster sugar with tiny chunks of pear in it.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Fraus!

It's actually too hot to function today, and all I have had today is angry people phoning and emailing me at work. 😭

Also I don't have anything in that flat for lunch (that doesn't require cooking), so I've decided to treat myself to all the ice-cream I can locate in the freezer.

35 degrees, humidity that is killing me.

I am done with today.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I managed to drag myself and DD1 to Aldi this morning as it seemed a tad cooler. The unfortunate location of Aldi here means that when the wind is in a certain direction you get a blast of sewer plant odour in the car park, There wasn't much breeze but the stench was hanging over the place lice a fog. Fortunately it was relatively quiet and civilised. DD didn't complain and i got nearly everything, except hairspray... why no hairspray? When we emerged it was sunny and heat ramping up. It took 3 hours to put the shopping away with blasts from the fans in between, cooking, was done cos people insist on being fed :rolleyes: and now I am sat back in front of fans, my dodgy knee which has been nagging for a week or so now feels like its the early stages of elephantiasis... not happy. Now I am gonna catch up.

• Heart
  • Sad
I managed to drag myself and DD1 to Aldi this morning as it seemed a tad cooler. The unfortunate location of Aldi here means that when the wind is in a certain direction you get a blast of sewer plant odour in the car park, There wasn't much breeze but the stench was hanging over the place lice a fog.
This sounds like my old Aldi.

As I only lived around the corner, unfortunately this also meant my house/garden would also have the pleasure of the same odour! :sick:

• Sick
Reactions: 10
I managed to drag myself and DD1 to Aldi this morning as it seemed a tad cooler. The unfortunate location of Aldi here means that when the wind is in a certain direction you get a blast of sewer plant odour in the car park, There wasn't much breeze but the stench was hanging over the place lice a fog. Fortunately it was relatively quiet and civilised. DD didn't complain and i got nearly everything, except hairspray... why no hairspray? When we emerged it was sunny and heat ramping up. It took 3 hours to put the shopping away with blasts from the fans in between, cooking, was done cos people insist on being fed :rolleyes: and now I am sat back in front of fans, my dodgy knee which has been nagging for a week or so now feels like its the early stages of elephantiasis... not happy. Now I am gonna catch up.
There have been complaints of that smell for weeks. The people on the new housing estate nearby aren’t happy as they weren’t informed of the smell.
Hope you keep cool x

I am currently sat in front of a fan. I stupidly did a bit of cleaning earlier. Not doing that again!

Had couscous, hummus, vegan potato salad & coleslaw (both from aldi) & olives. Was very nice.

Who is responsible for ensuring they have enough bread for lunch? The person who actually eats it or the partner of said person. Who does not eat bread. 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I am (again) in he park as my flat resembles a sauna (feeling bad for abandoning my cat to it tbh, anyone have ideas for helping them stay cool? I wiped her down with a cool flannel which she liked but other ideas would be great ) treated self to a salmon and cream cheese bagel from a place near me. Amazing 😍

Reactions: 10
I am (again) in he park as my flat resembles a sauna (feeling bad for abandoning my cat to it tbh, anyone have ideas for helping them stay cool? I wiped her down with a cool flannel which she liked but other ideas would be great ) treated self to a salmon and cream cheese bagel from a place near me. Amazing 😍
I don’t know if this would work/be suitable for a cat but my mum used to make Bovril ice cubes for her Husky in summer x

• Heart
Reactions: 7
There have been complaints of that smell for weeks. The people on the new housing estate nearby aren’t happy as they weren’t informed of the smell.
Hope you keep cool x

I am currently sat in front of a fan. I stupidly did a bit of cleaning earlier. Not doing that again!

Had couscous, hummus, vegan potato salad & coleslaw (both from aldi) & olives. Was very nice.

Who is responsible for ensuring they have enough bread for lunch? The person who actually eats it or the partner of said person. Who does not eat bread. 🤷🏻‍♀️
The smell can reach as far as my place on a bad day. The people that live on the new estate should have researched better IMO. But the have the pub, again not always nice to sit in the pub garden and new Aldi will open soon. I'm cooling, sat in from of fan on wind tunnel setting.
Your lunch sounds good, only no couscous cos of gluten and no olives because :sick:
The consumer of the bread assumes the responsibility of its purchase. IMO

Long time GL-ing, so just a few notes to you all, as I’ve missed you like proper mates!

ooh isn’t it hot, etc

Hope all going well with the tiny babies in this heat, @Gentlemensrelish and @heretoreaditall2019 .

massive congratulations on the unexpected chipolata in your baggage area @Sausage Grand Station (not a jack Whitehall reference 😉)

glad your date went well @BeautifulTrauma, looking forward to the next instalment 😀

all those feeling down, or enduring things that lock down has exacerbated — huge hugs too

those TTC (in this heat? Are you maad?) or who have lost little ones — all thoughts with you too.

@Toffee finger, condolences — hope family coping

@SoulRebel does that say 52C????? Sweet yeti of the Serengeti, that sounds unbearable

@crystaleyesd — loving your dedication to the crisp reviews! Also entranced by /living vicariously through your Turkish Love Triangle Delight

@Pocahontas, any chance of Vlad including a sharp brief blast of Arctic air (night time only) with our next bitcoin drop?

Oh I’m sure there’s lots more I’ve forgotten in this heat, but if you’re going through anything (and I include perimenopausal symptoms in that sweeping generalisation!) big socially responsible ❤ to you too)

Anyway, I would much rather be GL-ing here than the current unnecessary Groundhog Day unpleasantness of the mother thread. More lolly and kebab chat, and non-slop food photos and gifs please — no kittens or anything else Monroe -related 🥺

I’ll stay here until there’s a chaos to respond to

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
My cats mum is a Maine coon and in the past weeks she has become insanely fluffy, I feel awful for the timing 😂
Full or just 50% 😂

Gosh I bet she is boiling! The husky had a paddling pool too but I don’t know if a cat would like that 🙃

• Haha
Full or just 50% 😂

Gosh I bet she is boiling! The husky had a paddling pool too but I don’t know if a cat would like that 🙃
Mum was full, she is just half (no idea who dad is 😂) I tried a bath but it didn’t go well 😂😂😂

• Haha
Try freezing some fish stock or home made chicken stock into cubes .I make these for our pup she loves them.

• Heart
My cat is currently sprawled legs akimbo on the hallway floor and I’m tempted to join her.

On the food front, Fanta are doing “mystery flavours” in Asda. There’s 3 flavours and the one I got tastes like flat Apple Sourz and reminds me of nights out I’d rather forget.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.