Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Saint_clemmie

VIP Member
Ooo, how did you get the crispy top, do you have one of those burner things?

And, morning everyone! Looking forward to doggie updates from @Saint_clemmie today - I don't think you should be awkward with your neighbours when they return, you were put in a bad spot and if anything, you've done them a HUGE favour.
Morning. Sorry it’s late, unsurprisingly didn’t get much sleep. The dog was unsettled all night, strange house and not used to being in. The neighbours knocked at 6am, we’re fine, didn’t talk, just said “thank you, sorry”, obviously embarrassed. I went back to bed.

He’s outside barking now 😑 and they’re home. I think he has separation anxiety.

• Sad
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 26

NP

VIP Member
100% agree @HarderFaster. Often on the Mother Thread, someone has already said what I’m thinking but way better than I could ever articulate so I end up hammering the like button on every post. I love that differing opinions can be shared without people being arseholes and the discussions and tangents that end up happening. It’s a shame we’ve had to stop the chit chat and GIFs because they really made the earlier threads. I’m happy to do that over here but a GIF can really say a thousand words over on the Mother Thread. The cabal have been my escape during lockdown when I want to avoid my family/parenting.

• Heart

crystaleyesd

VIP Member
I know exactly what you mean. Couldn’t give a rat’s tail about some elements being discussed - and I feel there are perhaps some who are waiting for something to argue about / jump on / push an agenda. Jackie Munro annoys me / baffles me as much as the next person and some of the stuff she has done is truly abhorrent (kitten/ cancer appropriation / ED triggers, the works) but I truly don’t care about what her brother is called or who owns her shitty bungalow.

Happy to lurk on the mother thread but talk shite here in happy happy gif land where we hear about people’s food and Jack Whitehall’s slender appendage from @GrunkaLunka!! This is HILARIOUS. ✏ Also vicariously living the free young life through @crystaleyesd 😂😂 and learning about obscure lace plants and picking up new food ideas.
You don't wish you were living my life right now... 😩:sick: je suis HUNGOVER.

Also agreed about the mother thread. Never saw the point in trawling old articles trying to find snippets of information on why she broke up with Allegra or when she moved back to Southend. I'll go back when Jack does another chaos.

Breakfast is old crisps from the train eaten in bed whilst I try and psyche myself up to get dressed and find croissants and coffee.

• Haha
  • Heart

Alansbigplate

VIP Member
Fraus I have cooked a proper meal - it’s only chilli con carne but I’m right proud of myself. Still feeling a bit bad in the old head, @colouredlines you look fab and I so related to the head/food mess up. You’re my idol for getting on with other things and letting the overthinking slide to the point you’ve got into your lovely dress x

& also I think it was @peperomia who I read talking about self image and I really relate too.I’ve been exhausted by the negative voice in my head recently and I also don’t have a secure self image, it was nice to read how I feel and know I’m not alone x

• Heart

Nottonightbabe

VIP Member
We have been getting a load of tomatoes in our veg box recently so I just roasted these up, whole bulb of garlic, rosemary, thyme, oil and seasoning. When they've cooled down I'll squeeze the garlic out and whizz it all up to make a tasty sauce/base for something ☺. It's a good way to use up a tomato glut when you're fed up of chutney.

Attachments

• Heart
  • Haha

Suprise!

Just want to say that there’s a Toebeans over on Twitter posting all sorts on JM’s threads. It’s not me. In fact I was a bit alarmed to see someone with the same handle wading in.. I rarely post anything on Twitter as I’m there under my real name. I’ve started fretting recently about triangulation so I’ve also stopped posting here on the mother thread. Just been worrying that people thought it was me being naughty 😬

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 25

Toffee finger

VIP Member
totally ot but as we're discussing holidays does anyone have a recomendation of a good beach not far from london (driving so transport not an issue)
Southend of course!

Pros
- You may run in to me
- Good Doughnuts/fish and chips
- Pier
- Peter Pans
- Great weather

Cons
- You may run in to Jack

Yeeea may be better to pick a different seafront location!

• Haha
  • Heart
This was the first thing I ever posted! 🙈

But.... I was the first one to post it I think! At the end of May haha. Aka 5 Jack geological time periods ago.
Or ppl asking if the accounts have been posted yet when they're literal public info you can google!

I miss her being in Edinburgh it was such a beautiful time, miss her being in the shed, wish she'd go back to making horrors with food and stop writing shit I'll never read!

• Haha
  • Heart

Toffee finger

VIP Member

🚨 ALERT ALERT ALERT🚨

I have finally ordered an anti hair wrap cordless Shark vacuum!

I’m slightly saddened by how excited I am over it 😂

• Haha
  • Heart

nightfeedz

I’m popping in to say hi, I’m a long time Mother Thread lurker and occasional commenter.

I would like to chat more but I’m usually behind or reading while breastfeeding my ravenous baby in the night (hence the name - I’ve since spotted another Tattler with a similar one oops) and am usually too tired to put the words together. Or I start writing a post and get distracted and by the time I get back to it things have moved on.

Anyway think I’m an INFJ, I did the test with a careers advisor years ago and remember feeling like she was a magical person while I read the report, I felt so well described.

Very much here for reading about everyone’s flavours and recipes, it is delightful to read along.

I’m yearning for lots of fresh veggies today but so far have managed coffee, porridge and my child’s toast crusts. Got a lovely big leek in my veg box this week that I would like to treat to a more interesting fate than the usual leek and potato soup.

I’m from NI and am also now craving a gravy ring and have no idea why it’s called that.

• Heart

Flumps

VIP Member
@Toffee finger - hugs to you and best wishes to your granddad. x

I think I am going to have to give up the JM thread for a little while. It's like she's taking me on a tour of all my personal greatest (for values of greatest that equal massively shitty) hits and I need to know my limits. And I can't find anything funny to say about any of it and I don't want to be a misery on the internet.

I had Bovril on toast for dinner, because that's where I am today.

• Heart
Reactions: 24

Britney Spiers Morgan

Earlier on the thread (or possibly the previous one) there was an actual discussion about favourite crisp flavours and brands but also a cunning subtext about, for example, crisps that were particularly mellow and some from a particular town in Scotland. Both the mellow and Scottish crisps seemed a bit hammy and left an unpleasant aftertaste.

I bet that’s a clear as mud - soz!!

• Haha
  • Wow

blurstoftimes

VIP Member
Early lockdown DKL days were definitely the most entertaining! It's crazy how many new members there suddenly are...I wonder what triggered so many people to discover Tattle? I first found it by typing 'Father of Daughters twat' into google lol

• Haha
  • Heart