Food & Drink #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ouch that stuff really gets you when you’re young. Same with me and The Terminator - watched it really young cos of older siblings and the early scenes when he’s looking for Sarah Connor messed me up. I now actually really like the film (probs for the love story 🤣)
I was the older sibling that terrorised my little bro and made him watch scary things 🤭 he loves them now though!
I have no idea what the crisps reference is but talking actual crisps I am partial to a ham and mustard one although beef monster munch wins hands down for me in a crisp war.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
We have been getting a load of tomatoes in our veg box recently so I just roasted these up, whole bulb of garlic, rosemary, thyme, oil and seasoning. When they've cooled down I'll squeeze the garlic out and whizz it all up to make a tasty sauce/base for something ☺. It's a good way to use up a tomato glut when you're fed up of chutney.

Attachments

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 26
Ha ha, we have 9 cats plus all the village cats come to ours for their breakfast and mysteriously reappear at about 7pm!
I do love you @SoulRebel, I like to imagine you in the hills with your animals and mosaics.
I have a collection of wild animals I feed every night. It brings me so much joy, and is one of the highlights of having so many security cameras! I have a morning coffee and catch up on which of my little friends came to visit overnight. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Don't worry, we are in a sleepy little village in Spain. The house is in the middle of a largish garden surrounded by a high fence. That + 5 dogs and neighbours who know when someone farts make me feel quite safe.
Sounds lovely! I wasn’t saying it wasn’t safe at all sorry, I was just amazed there’s anywhere in the UK you could do that - turns out you’re in Spain!

We’ve slept outside under the stars quite a few times when we take the camper van out and it’s so nice, I do feel safer doing it in France (we want to go to Spain in it one day!) than the UK tbh. This sounds awful but even sleeping in the van scares me sometimes in the UK cos I’m so scared of doggers or other weirdos tapping on the windows, is that bad? 😂 We drove to this insane spot for husband to take astrophotography photos last summer and there were loads of cars in the field-y car park thing and I was terrified they were them and we got into a huge barmy as I was too scared to leave but didn’t want to stay alone so we ended up driving somewhere else!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
I just looked over at the mother thread and Googled one of the new user names and I found the new suspect poster!
The crisps aren't particularly 'suspect', as such - I'm generally not in the mood for them, personally speaking, but I accept that tastebuds are subjective.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
The crisps aren't particularly 'suspect', as such - I'm generally not in the mood for them, personally speaking, but I accept that tastebuds are subjective.
Ah right. It just seems that there’s a few new members on the mother thread who seem particularly unnecessarily aggressive about JM. It took me a while to realise the crisp code thing the other day; now I’m probably being too alert! 😁

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I do love you @SoulRebel, I like to imagine you in the hills with your animals and mosaics.
I have a collection of wild animals I feed every night. It brings me so much joy, and is one of the highlights of having so many security cameras! I have a morning coffee and catch up on which of my little friends came to visit overnight. ❤
Thank you, lovely. It is a very different life to the one I had in south London but not without its dangers too, I keep supplies of anti-histamine religiously stocked up as we also get snakes, scorpions and giant centipedes, all of which can be lethal to the idiotic mammals who seem to think it is a game to play who gets to eat them first. Mr. Rebel got stung by a scorpion last year and his hand swelled up so much that the skin was stretching. We had some sad news last night and found out the the lovely couple who were going to take the rescue pup have had to decline as the husband (in his forties, cycles up mountains and looks like the fitest of men) has become very ill with what they think is Parkinson's Disease.

So we may now have a massoosive galooping Mastin/German Shepherd pooch for keeps.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Ah right. It just seems that there’s a few new members on the mother thread who seem particularly unnecessarily aggressive about JM. It took me a while to realise the crisp code thing the other day; now I’m probably being too alert! 😁
Yeah, it was more a 'Oh, I recognise those crisps' thing than a 'uh oh, those crisps are bleeping gross' thing.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Are they comfy? I always worry as they have that flat sole & I remember buying shoes like that in my youth and always aching at the end of the day!
Oh I havent got any, cos theyre too pricey😂 look lovely though! I always wear flat shoes, probably explains why I always end up with plantar fasciitis!

• Sad
Reactions: 7
@GrunkaLunka Do you get hedgehogs in your garden, they seem to be dying out in the UK?
I do! I'm always so excited when they come. I wish they would come earlier though, the foxes and badgers keep eating all the special hedgehog food I put out! I'm going to build a few little houses for them, hopefully they will like them and it'll help with the numbers. It's such a worry.

I would be terrified of the scorpions and other beasts. I am a wimp about those creatures, unfortunately.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I do! I'm always so excited when they come. I wish they would come earlier though, the foxes and badgers keep eating all the special hedgehog food I put out! I'm going to build a few little houses for them, hopefully they will like them and it'll help with the numbers. It's such a worry.
We haven't seen any for years ☹. Not even unfortunate ones on roads, which suggests to me there's a low population here. No idea why, I would have thought it would be a bit of a haven for them, we get so much other wildlife. I would try and put food out to see if they come nose about, but knowing my luck I'd just end up with rats 😂

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
Good morning my loves! It's brunch time at the cottage and I'm having a cheeseburger, though my cheese hasn't melted quite as much as I demanded it do.

No hedgehogs in my garden (though we used to have loads growing up, we'd feed them cat food), but we have loads of squirrels! They sit on the fence and watch us through the kitchen window, it's lovely and slightly sinister

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I got mine for a lot cheaper on eBay - they were hardly worn and a good price! Lucky find, I guess.
They are flat, but I’ve always found them comfortable to wear. More importantly, they don’t rub - not like those evil Hasbeens!
Shoes rubbing is so sore!

Lads. Dishoom are doing the 50% off in August thing, but with NO limit. 😍😍😍😍 Booked a table. Cannot wait!

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
Good morning my loves! It's brunch time at the cottage and I'm having a cheeseburger, though my cheese hasn't melted quite as much as I demanded it do.

No hedgehogs in my garden (though we used to have loads growing up, we'd feed them cat food), but we have loads of squirrels! They sit on the fence and watch us through the kitchen window, it's lovely and slightly sinister
I have literally seen 1 hedgehog in my whole life, about 25 years ago, foxes and squirrels everywhere though. Does anyone else feel nervous when they see tourists feeding squirrels from their hands ? As children we were always told to stay well away as they are vicious and full of disease

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I have literally seen 1 hedgehog in my whole life, about 25 years ago, foxes and squirrels everywhere though. Does anyone else feel nervous when they see tourists feeding squirrels from their hands ? As children we were always told to stay well away as they are vicious and full of disease
I fed a squirrel. I wont lie. I was shitting myself. I dont do well with nature 🙃

Eta - my ex loves them and convinced me to try. Hes like an animal whisperer. Hes also a twit so 🤷🏻‍♀️

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
Shoes rubbing is so sore!

Lads. Dishoom are doing the 50% off in August thing, but with NO limit. 😍😍😍😍 Booked a table. Cannot wait!
Blister plasters are amazing, sort of jelly, and you warm them before you put them on. They even survive a bath.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.