Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Pocahontas

VIP Member
I've loved all of your posts on the mother thread today btw you are right on JM. I'm honestly in shock today I can't believe the cheek of her! @NoseyParkour I have no idea either, I think there may be a multi pack which makes it harder to pick a flavour?

Went for a different walk today so I could return some AWFUL curtains I bought via collectplus, weirdly the cornershop I went into had a very luxurious air con experience in there?! On the way home went to the chip shop which was lovely. Being curtain-less in my living room is far less lovely. Downstairs twinges also stopped so don't think baby's coming yet!
What are you going to do with the leftover chip shop chips?! 😂

Downstairs twinges - maybe your body limbering up! But what the hell do I know haha. Exciting

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23

Grizzlybear

VIP Member
My spidey senses are tingling on the mother thread (love that name for it btw)
Sorry for full on having a footstamp on the mother thread, I literally couldn’t look at it any more given what we know? I think now the whole thing has been blown wide open there’s another wave of the same people or similar trying to faux naive their way in to get a nasty ol foothold again.

Good morning fraus, looking forward to brekkos rolling in! Especially the hungover patisserie fair from our french connection ☺

• Heart

Ellabella

VIP Member
Top tip (possibly, if you are as nosey as me,) you can find posts of deleted users by typing into Google "tattle life + [username]".

• Wow
  • Heart

peperomia

Now I want to know what badass move you pulled to get two naughty points! 😂
Haha I wish it had been something brilliant, but I made a post many many mother threads ago asking for advice. I had come on that morning to a notification requesting I switch off my ad blocker. Totally happy to do so to support the site, but then I had a problem with a big ad on the left that was just wide enough to obscure the usernames on all the posts. I couldn't close it/refreshing didn't help etc.

So, I posted in the forum saying that i was happy to switch off the ad block but did anyone have any tips on closing the sidebar ad only cos I couldn't see who was who and thought I may have missed something obvious etc etc.

I received a warning notification from admin for 2 points for moaning about ads. But the notification doesn't click through into anything, and there is nothing anywhere to say you can't discuss ads, what points mean, and more specifically I wasn't being negative.
I asked on the board I used because I thought I might be missing something easily fixable, I think my post may have also been deleted, I didn't see it again post warning.

It was a little deflating haha, but I haven't seen the side ad since that day either?
I am also only posting for context and not to complain as I have found some things confusing here, and I have seen other members posting on the celeb threads discussing the ads so maybe it was okay after a bit?

• Wow
  • Heart

Nottonightbabe

VIP Member
Ooh That Man has a new show again this month, centred around nice but affordable family meals. Covering a lot of niches isn't he 🤭

• Haha

HarderFaster

VIP Member
Regarding euphemistic crisps - I do think there are a couple of gnarly ones with a grudge that isn't constructive and makes the tone of Our Great Mother Thread edge towards Daily Mail territory at times...

But trying my best to ignore that now JM had decided that her Twitter addiction is fine and not at all damaging.

• Haha
  • Heart
So the MG disappearance, I had noticed the lack of big long repetitive interchangeable posts (interspersed with the very short but equally ignorable hammy posts) over the weekend), but I hadn’t realised there was a self-implosion/ taking it outside Tattle!

It’s like pretty much the only rule here, unless you’re on a Blues Brothers type Mission from Gaad [thinking at this time of this thread’s own beloved Joan of Arc (🪐 )], and you have to self-sacrifice yourself...

I mean, what is so hard to understand? Why do people continue to do it?
3941E290-3D6B-4481-99BD-BA816C47A64C.jpeg

After a hard day’s work dismantling the woke snowflake left wing on one of these bad boys you simply don’t have the time for the small print of forum rules x

Tbf though it goes to show what a gross hotbed of hate/poison Twitter is as it’s clearly been a shock to the system to be asked to behave decently on here. 🐸☕

• Haha
  • Heart

Flumps

VIP Member
JM is exhausting, back to food. I had toast and marmite a late brunch (4pm) Thick cut white bloomer, butter, marmite, delish!

Had Black Farmer free range, corn fed chicken wings for tea/dinner. Shared with son, 900g of wings, an Ocado bargain for £2.00. Simmered in veg stock for 15 mins. Dredged with potato flour, paprika, onion and garlic powder and salt. Cooked in air fryer for 15 mins until hot and crispy. Served with coleslaw, mini cobs and onion rings. I now have some quality stock for another dish #cheapcheerfulrecipes
I love chicken wings. Also, your post is another thing to add to my growing list of 'reasons I should immediately purchase an air fryer' .

I had champagne for dinner because, after 18 months of long distance, my boyfriend finally moved in with me today. I've never cohabited before so I finally feel like an actual grown up.

I feel like I've been absent too long to say everything I want as a catch up but big love to everyone struggling with JM's nonsense: it's mad how she can make one feel inadequate or "less than" even when she is clearly a very sad and lonely person. The mark of a manipulator, I suppose.

I thought better of Nigella, I really did.
Yay for champagne for dinner. I mean, also cohabiting, that is very good too, but I am enjoying the decadent sounding way you've chosen to celebrate.

I think Nigella is probably kind and doesn't pay the forensic level of detail some of us do to JM's stories. Also, less to her credit, which makes me sad, because I love the woman, though it happens to all of us sometimes, I suspect she is flattered by the obvious admiration.

Maybe unpopular, but whatevs. I don't like Saturn. I didn't like him when he was here, and I don't like him now that he's trying to be a wise-arse elsewhere.

There's a reason he was booted off of here, I *personally* don't think he should be engaged with, he clearly has an issue with it, and ultimately I think he just makes us all look bad/trollish. (Which we are not - but it only takes a few to sour the name of a whole group).
Saturn makes me laugh. Always has done. I think he is clever and his way with words amuses me (against my better judgement sometimes). His writing style also reminds me of someone I used to, ahem, know, to the point that for a while I genuinely worried that it was him for a while. However, he did break the rules of here, with regard to JM, and though I'm not a slavish rule follower in general, I do think any site/forum has a right to set their rules, and if you break 'em, then you know what you're doing and while it's everyone's right to say what they think elsewhere on the internet, indirectly bitching about it isn't the best look. I think the 'keep it on Tattle' rule is a very good one, because it does make us look bad/trollish (because it is) to take it directly to the person being talked about. Obvs Saturn <waves> can decide to do that independently, and I can see why someone might choose to do that as an individual, especially if you feel like others are being suckered, but I am in agreement with you that it's not fair to drag Tattle at the same time.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha

Veronicaaa

VIP Member
I stupidly started to make my pea and ham soup at about 10.30pm and it's still not ready and I can't go to bed until it's done but I'm exhausted.
I've done a chaos.

• Haha
  • Heart

Anonymous One

Ooh That Man has a new show again this month, centred around nice but affordable family meals. Covering a lot of niches isn't he 🤭
Came here to say the fro yo pictures/ideas he put up today included brown bread ice cream 🤯😱 Call the police he’s stolen her niche 👮‍♀️🚨

To be honest, I hadn’t followed him in years until he became THAT MAN. Started following him then & loving his feeds. He has loads of quick, cheap ideas that can easily be adapted & loads of veggie stuff (that can be veganised pretty easily). Quite thankful to Jack for giving me so much culinary inspiration (by getting me to follow someone else 😂).

Buddy Oliver: better presenter and cook than Jack Monroe. I will die on that hill.

• Haha
  • Heart
I suspect some of these crisps are old enough to be my mum if not nana so perplexed as to how they’ve got to these big old ages and can’t cope with the breadth of life’s flavours? Crumbling like biscuits cos people don’t like landlords, like I’ve honestly had bigger barmies in a chip shop and we’ve all lived to tell the tale?

Stop encouraging me. It's the one vaguely creative skill I have, so I will show off. I liked making ones for kids best I think, though I do love making sugar flowers too.

View attachment 195049View attachment 195050View attachment 195051
These are amazing, are you self taught?!!

• Haha
  • Heart

emm

VIP Member
Yes completely - fuuuuuuck that! Love that you answered in that way - because oh my god exactly - an outcome of coming out of the hospital with both you and the baby alive and well is surely the best, and whatever happens along the way happens along the way?! A birth is a birth - natural, hypnoed, intervened in, whatever.

Any kind of posturing about what choices you may make in terms of prep (Say, for example, a £300 hypnobirthing class, yoga, meditation, whatever) shouldn’t be used to make other expectant women feel lacking in comparison!

Yep also to what you say about debt 👌🏼
I haven’t even had a baby but it’s drives me mad how much judgement there is on women’s birth choices, it’s her choice, leave her to it! what I find especially bizarre is women who brag about not having an epidural/ people who shake women for having them, you would never brag about not having anesthetisic for any other medical procedure, I really just don’t get it !

• Heart
@heretoreaditall2019 that's fab you get your midwife in with you. Under our trust in this area we see community midwives as per usual but they don't come to the hospital for births. Think they possibly attend home births though.
I've been really lucky with mine and I think she's doing it through choice which is ridiculously kind of her, she is working that day anyway so said she'd come in but said if I start beforehand and get rushed in for an emergency to call her personal phone and she'll still come?! It's a really weird set of circumstances as the surgeon doing it was actually at my ovarian tumour op (loads were cos I was like a medical freak show cos they were so big) and the shit post op diagnosis process that took weeks, she's been my cancer / pregnancy consultant throughout so I actually know her too!! I am ridiculously lucky but also never doing this shit ever again loool

• Heart

Flumps

VIP Member
Thank you so much guys reading this has been really soothing, as soon as I got into my consiltant’s room I was crying like mad I felt so bad for wasting a professional’s time. I will reply properly when I’m at my laptop I’m just waiting for my final (I think / hope) appt of getting run through everything by a midwife.

they’ve decided to do an elective c section, luckily the surgeon doing it is my cancer x pregnancy consultant and she was in my tumour operation!! So I’m over the moon and know it’ll be okay cos she’s already had a rummage in my internal goods 😂 It’s a bit shit and I wish my husband could stay overnight but covid lol. Also I had a MUCH bigger cut (over top of belly button to pubic bone) for that so I’m not scared about it or recov, I have asked about medicine to help with my anxiety though but they can only give it post delivery.

sorry I don’t mean to make the thread mumsnet at all, I’m waiting for my final appt I hope / think, also I have to have a fucking covid test gaaaaaggg xx
Don't feel bad. I think doctors (especially the consultant ones you see when shit gets real) are proper used to people crying at them. Certainly that's what they've always told me anyway and I choose to believe them. Though, mind you, I did once apparently, in a post cancer op drug induced moment, have a conversation with my consultant that I cannot remember at all and I must have said *something* very odd. I only know it happened because he came back a couple of hours later and I was talking to him like it was the first time I had seen him since the op. He was looking at me strangely, and I said 'Why are you looking at me like that?'. He said 'Don't you remember the conversation we had earlier'. Me: '.......'. Him 'Never mind, we don't have to talk about it again'. Stifled giggling from the recovery nurses. No one would ever tell me what I'd said. I probably told him I loved him or was going to name any future children after him, and as he was a late-middle aged rather stiff upper lip sort of chap, I am, overall, relieved no one has ever told me the content of that chat.

Ok. I am now at Thursday evening in my mother thread grunka, where it all went dark as. I am having to take regular breaks. That is all very upsetting and pounding on my triggers. I really hope it isn't lying/exaggeration, and then that fucks with my head, because that somehow means I'm hoping something awful happened. That's one hell of a fucking thing. Whatever the reality I'm feeling hugely disturbed by something like that being used as a weapon in conversation. I've only just got started on this bit, so I guess maybe things change, and sorry for bringing it here, it's me being self-indulgent, but I can't process it in my own head and the main thread has (I imagine) moved on a lot. I should probably stop, but I am tired and in a lot of pain today, and my impulse control is as poor as anything even when I'm on my game.

• Heart

Pocahontas

VIP Member
@colouredlines - late to the dress party, but what a dress! You are so talented, it’s beautiful, it fits you like a glove and really suits your arms and legs! 🤣 I also love your shoes and dainty feet.

@Silver Linings - Matt’s nipnip shot made me hoot 😂 I love you.

@heretoreaditall2019 - so exciting about the twinges? Also, I think you agreed on another post that if your water breaks when you’re crunching on one of ‘my’ ice lollies, you will name the baby Pocahontas? Middle name, even?

@SoulRebel Re: the crisps flavour code - agreeing with what Silver said above. I don’t think there any new bad packets ... 😳

Flying ants! I was on the beach today, fraus (sorry!) (triangulation!) and actually plucked two flying ants out of my friend’s hair. No swarms, mind, but still. Plus, I got burnt. Does anyone else do this - make sure their kids are covered in suncream, but neglect to top themselves up?!

Thank you for reading my diary entry.

PS @Begborrowsteal re sandals, have you had a look at saltwater sandals? They’re flat and really comfy - I have really wide feet, and I love them. They’re a bit 💰, but I got mine on eBay X

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart

colouredlines

VIP Member
Where I live flavoured crisps have only really become a thing in the last few years...most people seem to distrust anything but ready salted (tbh this has led to me rarely eating crisps). Sadly, one flavour that has become inexplicably popular is FRIED EGG CRISPS. They are an absolute abomination. Like, I have no words for how disgusting they are.

• Sick
  • Haha
  • Wow

SoulRebel

VIP Member
40?! Where are you??
The south of Spain, about 20 minutes from the coast in a small village half way up a mountain (for triangulation purposes). We have a very old house with walls nearly a metre thick so indoors stays pretty comfortable whatever the heat. Mr. Rebel won't consider any meal proper food unless he has meat. That chook will have to last him a couple of days as I'm not putting the bastard oven on again.
@GrunkaLunka - I haven't worn a bra since April 😉

• Heart
  • Wow

Falkor

VIP Member
I ended up here because a Facebook acquaintance, who has threads about her on here, shared a petition to get the site shut down - backfired somewhat, as I saw there was a Celeb section and that was it, hooked!

• Haha
  • Wow