Food & Drink #12 Willies and mash

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thank you. I really appreciate that.

Face cream/moisturiser has been added to the list of things to 'never ask the price of for the purposes of a happy marriage' along with;
Shoes
Handbags
Bed Linen
Haircuts/Colouring

ETA.. She doesn't ask me the price of cookbooks or why there are 999 books on the kindle yoke.
I know everyone’s skin is different but I’ve found good old Nivea seems to be working the best for my messed up mask face. Wearing PPE all day is really taking it’s toll. Sending love and supportive vibes to your wife.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I know everyone’s skin is different but I’ve found good old Nivea seems to be working the best for my messed up mask face. Wearing PPE all day is really taking it’s toll. Sending love and supportive vibes to your wife.
We have suddenly got this stuff called Moo Goo in the house.
LOTS of it and if I'm perfectly honest I have this almost overwhelming urge to taste it.
Don't look at me like that...
Only god can judge me!

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Afternoon hausfraus. I missed Nigella on Saturday Kitchen so I’ll have to catch up later. So far we’ve watched The Addams Family and eaten a ton of party food. I’m on day two of dairy elimination to find out what’s irritating my IBS so much (TMI fraus) so I couldn’t eat any of the chocolate I’d bought :(

Can’t add much to the wine chat as I’m an uncultured swine and drink Strongbow if I’m at the pub. Sometimes I’ll get a Rekorderlig if I’m feeling FANCY.

Disappointed that a lockdown looks imminent. I have my 20 week scan on Tuesday which is the first time Mr NP is allowed to come with me so I’m hoping the rules don’t change before then. It’s also the first time we’ll be leaving the toddler without either of us and I feel more anxious about that than the scan!
Sorry on another grunka...I’ve been BUSY Ok?! I realise every hospital is different but although ours have brought in restrictions in the last couple of weeks re: Covid they’ve not made any changes to the maternity stuff they reinstated eg partners going to scans and visiting during/post labour. Hoping your hospital follow suit/don’t make any changes. Really pisses me off how women have been/are expected to go through so much alone re: pregnancy/labour/post birth during the pandemic let alone how drastically it varies from hospital to hospital.

Fingers crossed your toddler is ok when you go - hopefully despite the break in continuity she’ll slot right back in with your dad.

I did lol at your comment re dusting off clothes for baby. My other half when they revealed we’d had another son went ‘great we can reuse all the clothes we have’ and is now mortified that was his first response 😂.

We had sausage (not Brenda’s), egg and chips for dinner before we went on a Halloween walk - found a couple of houses who’d gone all out on the decs and had sweets in individual cups. Toddler was ecstatic. Added a pic of our kitchen window I decorated for the toddler.

2499FE16-49DE-4032-B88F-07ACD1E601C8.jpeg

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
We have suddenly got this stuff called Moo Goo in the house.
LOTS of it and if I'm perfectly honest I have this almost overwhelming urge to taste it.
Don't look at me like that...
Only god can judge me!
Dread to think what a Google of moo goo would come back with...

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Thanks @EddieBeds. Our hospital trust hasn’t made any changes yet. Their website says they’re reviewing the guidelines tomorrow so I’m hoping it’ll all still be fine. I’m high risk and have a ton of appointments so I’m looking forward to him being able to come to even just one! I’m having an elective c-section and at the moment he’ll be allowed with me the whole time from admission and after. I’m on a Facebook birth group and the guidelines seem to vary so much. I really feel for those who are doing this completely without support.

Your Halloween window looks fantastic. I made a half-arsed attempt with a bit of bunting. I go all Santa’s tacky grotto at Christmas so I’ve never really done much for Halloween. We had our window egged twice tonight. Our area is full of little shits. If you complain on the local FB group you get told to let kids be kids and at least they’re not on drugs. I’m sure it’s not an either/or option. They could just not be twats full stop 🤷‍♀️

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
I've booked a hair cut before lockdown comes in again. I'm relieved that schools are staying open, my two found lockdown quite difficult (and me obvs). Theyre doing really well at school now too so I really dont want to go backwards.

Sending love to everyone ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 19
As awful as we all find it at times.. Get your daughter and her chums to play loud music on their phones as they walk.
Not obnoxiously loud, just 'noticeably' loud.
People notice that. Even if it's just to tut or look out of a window.
I love this advice! Unfortunately I’ve told her not to get her phone out on the way home, as there’s been a spate of muggings around here. I’ll see how it goes at the end of this week. What I have told her is any grown up that makes her feel uncomfortable, or any unwanted bothering, she’s allowed to swear and shout as much as she wants. She was a bit thrilled at that 😆

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Just caught up on Saturday Kitchen and dropping this screenshot for any other fans of Sir Matt of Forearms 😍

Originally, just captured it because I'd noticed the red boot laces, honest!

Untitled 14.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Just caught up on Saturday Kitchen and dropping this screenshot for any other fans of Sir Matt of Forearms 😍

Originally, just captured it because I'd noticed the red boot laces, honest!

View attachment 295507
Red shoes laces:love: though I read some where that having red shoe laces meant you were a.... Murderer!!!!!

.... Or something??? 🤔🤨

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
Red shoes laces:love: though I read some where that having red shoe laces meant you were a.... Murderer!!!!!

.... Or something??? 🤔🤨
Ah that's fitting as I think he put them in for the Halloween episode!

I can recommend vego and ichoc vegan chocolate. I'm not a huge dark chocolate fan, so when I need a milk chocolate hit, I usually go for vego. It's expensive but delicious.
Have you tried Vego spread? 😍

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
can he apply for track and trace, temp roles working from home? Some funds at least, they supply all kit?

Reactions: 5
As awful as we all find it at times.. Get your daughter and her chums to play loud music on their phones as they walk.
Not obnoxiously loud, just 'noticeably' loud.
People notice that. Even if it's just to tut or look out of a window.
The people who could possibly be up to no good with young people walking home, don't want noticeable.

And pumpkins? Did anyone else not get a Swede as a kid?
You genuinely had to be Michelangelo or Barbara Hepworth to get anything out of them!
Hammers and chisels were needed!
The smell of a candle burning the turnip was truly disgusting! I do remember having lots of fun making Halloween costumes from binbags in the 70s.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Thanks @EddieBeds. Our hospital trust hasn’t made any changes yet. Their website says they’re reviewing the guidelines tomorrow so I’m hoping it’ll all still be fine. I’m high risk and have a ton of appointments so I’m looking forward to him being able to come to even just one! I’m having an elective c-section and at the moment he’ll be allowed with me the whole time from admission and after. I’m on a Facebook birth group and the guidelines seem to vary so much. I really feel for those who are doing this completely without support.

Your Halloween window looks fantastic. I made a half-arsed attempt with a bit of bunting. I go all Santa’s tacky grotto at Christmas so I’ve never really done much for Halloween. We had our window egged twice tonight. Our area is full of little shits. If you complain on the local FB group you get told to let kids be kids and at least they’re not on drugs. I’m sure it’s not an either/or option. They could just not be twats full stop 🤷‍♀️
loool your picture, why did she have to make that egg so DUSTY. I know I go on about birth all the time but think it's important to reassure women as we are continually forgotten by this government, even in the strictest of regulations I had a super positive c-section experience, and you will too I promise! If you want to discuss the ins & outs you're welcome to DM me as there's honestly nothing to fear! <3

@EddieBeds lovely window & not the point at all but where are your blinds from please? I think this'll be the only option for our bathroom window, but I sort of cba with any blinds as it's a frosted window...? Is that weird though??

• Heart
Reactions: 14

@NoseyParkour I'm still grunka-ing so apologies if this has already been mentioned, but if you follow Pregnant Then Screwed on Instagram, they're campaigning for better support for pregnant mums and new mums during all of this, including allowing birthing partners at all appointments, throughout labour and post-birth. Worth a follow to get the latest info and find out where you can get support etc. Much love to you x

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Morning Fraus. Sorry to hear so many of you are having a hard time, especially those of you who are pregnant, it must be such a worrying time.

My plan for yesterday was to have a clear out of 'stuff' from the house and a decent clean up but I seriously have no motivation. I need to get my head around the implications of the next lockdown (I work from home, the dark nights, being interested enough in food to cook, trying to get divorced in the middle of all this) and it just seems so overwhelming.

So, I took myself off to the local deli and bought loads of nice cheese and FANCY crackers and I must say that little treat made me happier.

Also, been texting both blokes from OLD. Spoke to the chatty one last night and he was just lovely on the 'phone - this little connection to the outside world was a great distraction.

The quieter OLD texted a lot yesterday and shared some photos of his day. We work in a similar industry and we worked out we know and have worked with a few of the same people. I am speaking to him tonight. Its all a bit pointless in the current climate!

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Someone posted last night about Bruce Springsteen and now it's got me thinking about his arse on the cover of Born in the USA. I'm not usually into dude bums but I would definitely meet that hot slice tonight in Atlantic City.

@Universal not pointless at all, think of it as important long-term research! And there's plenty of flirty, sexy fun you can have over the phone/text etc (ahem).

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.