Food & Drink #12 Willies and mash

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I had my impacted bottom wisdom teeth taken out at age 19 by local anaesthetic. The pain in the following days was excruciating and reverberated around my head. It wasn’t done on the NHS - I believe they use a general.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
God I love all you guys. ❤ If we didn’t have this place I think The Walrus would have sailed away and left the MT to it.

@Toffee finger The ‘bidolu’ biscuity things look so yum, like an ice cream sandwichy kind of thing. Did anyone used to do weird things like squish them together until they contracted and squashed or was that just weirdo me?
I have just tried the Bidolu and can confirm it’s delicious. Chocolate and peanut centre with a light wafter. Just a little too firm to squish. Not just you, I always do things like that with my food!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I had my impacted bottom wisdom teeth taken out at age 19 by local anaesthetic. The pain in the following days was excruciating and reverberated around my head. It wasn’t done on the NHS - I believe they use a general.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 5
I made the mistake of smoking after my removal. Ended up with an infection and could barely open my mouth to drink water. Cried on the sofa with a nicotine patch after that 😂

• Wow
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
did they do the impacted one in local or general anasthetic (sorry to everyone who hates the teeth stories) my top ones both are and i am terrified.
About the Very thing, that is crazy, how are things like this not illegal?!
omg my love there is nothing to fear! I went back to work after & went out for a Nando's (hot) that night.
are you not in agony with them impacted at the mo?! This was before my big cancer scare & c section obvs so my first foray into medical things so at this point was not a hardened old boot, but honestly it was absolutely fine they were both top ones too! The worst bit BY FAR was the anxiety beforehand and sweating non stop thinking it was going to be like a horror movie. I was under local, quite enjoyed those injections tbh, and all they do is use like this metal rod to move the tooth back/forth and then it pops out. The noise and the thought of what is happening is a bit bleak if you think about it? Mine actually popped into my mouth so I jolted up for fear of choking and she was like NO NO NO as I think that can cause bleeding. You then sit there with the weird cotton wool thing in your mouth for a bit, do the mouth wash which is impossible as you just dribble it all out, and you're done! I don't understand how some people end up under general, I think that's if there's something to do with the actual jaw bone itself? Or a preference maybe as apparently anaesthetic isn't as risky these days?!

@Mustard Yes I think loads of celebs have been, and they do influencer collabs which freaks me out a bit more. But influencers promote klarna and those other schemes so not surprised, just tit that this stuff is always targeted at women isn't it!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
God I love all you guys. ❤ If we didn’t have this place I think The Walrus would have sailed away and left the MT to it.

@Toffee finger The ‘bidolu’ biscuity things look so yum, like an ice cream sandwichy kind of thing. Did anyone used to do weird things like squish them together until they contracted and squashed or was that just weirdo me?
This gif, I am howling 🤣

@heretoreaditall2019 know exactly what you mean about Very, I bought something for £15 off it a few weeks ago and all the default payment options were credit plans etc. Absolutely infuriating, and like you say it's totally designed to target busy mums, even down to the marketing and advertising.

I feel left out by this teeth chat as I have no interesting teeth stories, although breastfeeding an 18 month old with a full set of gnashers mean I get more tit nips than is ideal 🥴

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
I hope this doesn't come across creepy/stalkerish but if you ever feel like you need anything/someone to talk to IRL, remember I'm close by and am always here for you if you want! X
Thank you lovely. It doesn't sound creepy/stalkerish at all and I will file away your lovely offer, I'll see how the next couple of days pan out, but there is a possibility I may take you up on that if I get too frustrated with my own company. xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 13
omg I *asked* for the second wisdom tooth to get removed - only one had impacted but it was so easy and painless I just thought I've spent the last few days sweating profusely in fear so may as well get them both out now! Also ngl did think buy one get one free 👀

I just bought something off Very, I've always been really wary because I know someone who ended up getting a £200 bill for a £30 dress years ago?! I've worked with ppl who've come out of their huge data dept and heard they make more on interest than they do on product so it's just always seemed a bit of a scary place to me. Anyway checking out - firstly their website is bleeping amazingly done from an eComm PoV, but the checkout is SO cheeky all the ~website cues~ like big green buttons etc lead you towards the credit option, so if you're skimming through check out (especially likely if you're a busy mum which feels like a huge part of their demog?) you could easily end up taking out credit accidentally?! It's really bleeping bad of them, but I didn't have a choice to go elsewhere for this item!! Don't know why I'm sharing this just shocked, the shameless bastards!
everytime I have left the office this week somebody has approached me asking for money. Today I popped into the hardware shop for a screwdriver, and when I was paying they asked if they could add a donation to my bill. I appreciate times are hard.......

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 5
@heretoreaditall2019 Yeah mine was growing competely wrong and they said something about my jaw. I'm not great at dentists so all I could focus in was, asleep or awake. Sleeeeep!

@emm my pain levels were fine afterwards. It was only after having that stupid cigarette that the pain kicked in.

• Heart
omg my love there is nothing to fear! I went back to work after & went out for a Nando's (hot) that night.
are you not in agony with them impacted at the mo?! This was before my big cancer scare & c section obvs so my first foray into medical things so at this point was not a hardened old boot, but honestly it was absolutely fine they were both top ones too! The worst bit BY FAR was the anxiety beforehand and sweating non stop thinking it was going to be like a horror movie. I was under local, quite enjoyed those injections tbh, and all they do is use like this metal rod to move the tooth back/forth and then it pops out. The noise and the thought of what is happening is a bit bleak if you think about it? Mine actually popped into my mouth so I jolted up for fear of choking and she was like NO NO NO as I think that can cause bleeding. You then sit there with the weird cotton wool thing in your mouth for a bit, do the mouth wash which is impossible as you just dribble it all out, and you're done! I don't understand how some people end up under general, I think that's if there's something to do with the actual jaw bone itself? Or a preference maybe as apparently anaesthetic isn't as risky these days?!

@Mustard Yes I think loads of celebs have been, and they do influencer collabs which freaks me out a bit more. But influencers promote klarna and those other schemes so not surprised, just tit that this stuff is always targeted at women isn't it!
no they are not impacted now but will be when they grow in more (is what I have been told) as there is literally no space. I had to skip the rest of that message as it terrified me way too much, I HATE dentists

• Heart
❤ @Flumps I’m sure Mr F is just getting some rest. I hope you hear from him later on. Sorry to hear you’re going through horrible teenageness on top of everything else. I was an hole from age 13-17 then it was like something clicked and I started being a nice human being to my mum again. Teenagers are selfish. I remember feeling like anything my parents did was purely to stop me living my life and having fun. It will pass.

Congrats on the second interview @Begborrowsteal. Sounds promising and like a good opportunity for you.

@heretoreaditall2019 I’m so glad I paid off my Very account and closed it. It took them absolutely ages to close it once I’d paid it off though. Each month I contacted them to ask to close it and it was always, “It’ll be closed after your next statement.” Took a strongly worded email and contacting their different social media platforms to finally get confirmation it was closed. I hate credit accounts/store cards and would never open one again.

I worked for a high street clothes shop back in the day🔺 and the only way over 18s were able to get the 25% staff discount was on a store card. Most of the employees were teenagers/young adults (I was 20 when I started) which is so irresponsible looking back. It took me years to pay it off.

• Heart
  • Sad
I don’t have my wisdom teeth through and have been veggie for 20 yrs. Anthropologists and doctors say we will stop forming them soon as we don’t need them. It’s fascinating.
[/QUOTE]

I don't have any wisdom teeth either! Neither did my dad. He said he was one step more evolved ;)

My sister's boyfriend's baby teeth never fell out naturally so he had to have them all individually pulled out when he was 18!!! When my 10 year old started loosing her teeth I was surprised by how much it disturbed me and grossed me out but now when I look at photos her and her friends looked soooo cute with their little missing front teeth!

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
If anyone goes to Borough Market, I can recommend the bread at Karaway Bakery. I think they are there from Thursday to Saturday. Very East European loaves. They also supply to Ocado.

• Heart
❤ @Flumps I’m sure Mr F is just getting some rest. I hope you hear from him later on. Sorry to hear you’re going through horrible teenageness on top of everything else. I was an hole from age 13-17 then it was like something clicked and I started being a nice human being to my mum again. Teenagers are selfish. I remember feeling like anything my parents did was purely to stop me living my life and having fun. It will pass.

Congrats on the second interview @Begborrowsteal. Sounds promising and like a good opportunity for you.

@heretoreaditall2019 I’m so glad I paid off my Very account and closed it. It took them absolutely ages to close it once I’d paid it off though. Each month I contacted them to ask to close it and it was always, “It’ll be closed after your next statement.” Took a strongly worded email and contacting their different social media platforms to finally get confirmation it was closed. I hate credit accounts/store cards and would never open one again.

I worked for a high street clothes shop back in the day🔺 and the only way over 18s were able to get the 25% staff discount was on a store card. Most of the employees were teenagers/young adults (I was 20 when I started) which is so irresponsible looking back. It took me years to pay it off.
I can imagine who owns this one, think everyone knew girls with store card horror stories from that specific shop, because they used to pitch it as a discount! If it happened today would like to think there would be some intervention, it was bad of em. Btw this is by no means shaming anyone for using any of these things as I know they’re useful, but don’t agree with the deception!!

@Mustard you make me yearn for the olden days when I could get the tube 😂 is it busy there / business as usual?!

• Heart
If anyone goes to Borough Market, I can recommend the bread at Karaway Bakery. I think they are there from Thursday to Saturday. Very East European loaves. They also supply to Ocado.
Ooh thanks for the recommendation! Bloody love bread and bloody love borough market - though last time I went I embarrassed Mr Cow as I cried when I saw the rabbits strung up ready to be deskinned. I am a hypocritical frau as I eat meat but hate the thought of it being dead animal as I LOVE animals. I am one of those who prefers to think of meat as being what you get from the supermarket and nothing before. Ugh just typing that made me annoyed at myself!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Ooh thanks for the recommendation! Bloody love bread and bloody love borough market - though last time I went I embarrassed Mr Cow as I cried when I saw the rabbits strung up ready to be deskinned. I am a hypocritical frau as I eat meat but hate the thought of it being dead animal as I LOVE animals. I am one of those who prefers to think of meat as being what you get from the supermarket and nothing before. Ugh just typing that made me annoyed at myself!
Im the same 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Heart
Im the same 🤦🏻‍♀️
It's a tough one isn't it! I would love to go vegan but I don't think I could, so just buy the most ethical meat I can, and make sure my skincare products/makeup etc are vegan as I 100% do not agree to anything like that involving animals. I actually quit smoking because I found out cigarettes are tested on animals, how gross is that!!

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I can imagine who owns this one, think everyone knew girls with store card horror stories from that specific shop, because they used to pitch it as a discount! If it happened today would like to think there would be some intervention, it was bad of em. Btw this is by no means shaming anyone for using any of these things as I know they’re useful, but don’t agree with the deception!!

@Mustard you make me yearn for the olden days when I could get the tube 😂 is it busy there / business as usual?!
I went last Tuesday as I was in the area but it was very, very quiet and not all the stalls were open. I did get some tasty treats from the BreadAhead stall. 😋

Karaway are also at some other markets. They have an Instagram account.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
It's a tough one isn't it! I would love to go vegan but I don't think I could, so just buy the most ethical meat I can, and make sure my skincare products/makeup etc are vegan as I 100% do not agree to anything like that involving animals. I actually quit smoking because I found out cigarettes are tested on animals, how gross is that!!
Are they?? Blergh. I quit about 6yrs ago. Its horrible how much testing is done on animals 😬 I tried to cut out dairy (the little boy chicks 💔) but stumbled at the first hurdle of cheese 🤦🏻‍♀️ I only buy from a local butcher now, all connected with local farms and greengrocers etc. I'd happily reduce how much meat we eat, the kids arent that fussed by it but the OH is confused by a meal without some sort of meat 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.