Food & Drink #12 Willies and mash

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
More North East chat! If anyone local is after decent bread, Pure Knead in Whitley Bay is amazing. Proper European style bread.
Can't stand soft soft softy soft pillowy white cheap bread, reminds me of my packed lunches as a kid šŸ¤¢

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
Can I ask for Fraus advice? I joined a dating app a few weeks ago (last date was over 20 years ago). I have been speaking to two blokes by text, just getting to know if we have anything in common. What is the social norm here? I feel weird even talking to two blokes at the same time as I am so old fashioned. If I meet one do I stop talking to the other?

I have since deleted the app as although I am in my mid 40's it turns out I attract all of the grandads!

I have made red dahl from Nisha Katona's Mowgli cookbook for tea. The restaurant is a fabulous place for vegan food and some now do a take away service.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Can I ask for Fraus advice? I joined a dating app a few weeks ago (last date was over 20 years ago). I have been speaking to two blokes by text, just getting to know if we have anything in common. What is the social norm here? I feel weird even talking to two blokes at the same time as I am so old fashioned. If I meet one do I stop talking to the other?

I have since deleted the app as although I am in my mid 40's it turns out I attract all of the grandads!

I have made red dahl from Nisha Katona's Mowgli cookbook for tea. The restaurant is a fabulous place for vegan food and some now do a take away service.
I wouldn't stop talking to one just because you meet the other. Ultimately it's all personal preference and what you're comfortable with, there are no hard and fast rules.

• Heart
Reactions: 12

Text ALLLLLLLL the men. At least one will inevitably be a turd when you finally meet. If they ask, just say youā€™re talking to a couple of other guys: if this makes them jealous theyā€™re a crank and you know to steer clear.

I absolutely LOVE Mowgli (well, the ones in Liverpool) but I now live in a city famed for curry and the branch there has gone down like a lead balloon. Nonetheless Nisha is formidable but also really kind, I like her an awful lot.

• Heart
Reactions: 17

They'll be talking to every woman they come across! Keep talking to both - people can get super flaky and disappear on you, or turn out to be assholes, so you don't want to put all your eggs in one basket.

ETA: I'm in my early 30s and signed up for one page where, despite making my age preference clear, I kept getting messages from men in their 50s. It's one good thing about Tinder, you only see people within your chosen age limits (I have noticed that most women set an age limit of a window of 6 years or so, while some guys I know have it essentially as 18 - dead)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Re Jewish bakeries, the best rugelach Iā€™ve had was from a bakery in the Manchester suburbs, around Hale or Sale. I do not know the name of the bakery.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Text ALLLLLLLL the men. At least one will inevitably be a turd when you finally meet. If they ask, just say youā€™re talking to a couple of other guys: if this makes them jealous theyā€™re a crank and you know to steer clear.

I absolutely LOVE Mowgli (well, the ones in Liverpool) but I now live in a city famed for curry and the branch there has gone down like a lead balloon. Nonetheless Nisha is formidable but also really kind, I like her an awful lot.
I love her too! I go at least once a week and spent Monday afternoon in the Bold Street one!

• Heart
Reactions: 6

The dating app scene has almost completely demolished 'courting' - it's normal to be speaking to and meeting multiple people at once, but obviously you don't have to do this if you're not comfortable with it. I'd suggest trying to arrange meeting them both for a drink (separately!) and going from there. You don't want to cut one off because you think you prefer the other and then have no chemistry in real life with the online-preferable man, if that makes sense.

This is my first post here, fraus. Guess where I came from? And hello to all!

They'll be talking to every woman they come across! Keep talking to both - people can get super flaky and disappear on you, or turn out to be assholes, so you don't want to put all your eggs in one basket.

ETA: I'm in my early 30s and signed up for one page where, despite making my age preference clear, I kept getting messages from men in their 50s. It's one good thing about Tinder, you only see people within your chosen age limits (I have noticed that most women set an age limit of a window of 6 years or so, while some guys I know have it essentially as 18 - dead)
Also very much this

• Heart
Reactions: 22

I was really shocked - men were liking my profile before I had added a word about me or even posted a picture - I could have been anyone or anything!! I like older men so said 10 years which would take me to mid 50s. I am not joking I had 70 year olds liking me! The blokes I am talking to were the ones that I approached them. My detective skills have allowed me to hunt them down on social media / linkedin and it looks like they say who they are. Conversation of 'how was your day' is always tricky in T3 of a pandemic! No one is really getting up to much!!

ETA - Welcome @Traazers and thanks for the advice xx

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16

Omg YES I love stuff like this, I wish we could collectively swipe for you!! Firstly duck those grandads, theyā€™re chancing it they probably have their age range set to 18+ and will swipe until someone matches them. Chuck the randy bastards in the bin and do not let them discourage you - the audacity! 100% talk to multiple men at once as there will be lots of time wasters or people just looking to shag, so youā€™ve gotta run candidates co currently! Also itā€™s about you finding what you like so youā€™ve got to truly compare everyone thatā€™s out there!

There will be far wiser advice in these threads for you for people currently active in the dating market, but one thing I used to let happen to me (stupidly!) was - and I hope this doesnā€™t sound like a neckbeard moaning about being friend zoned cos itā€™s not - I think a lot of men go on there lonely and just want to feel attention without ever being fully invested in the process of dating? Especially with apps itā€™s so easy to instantly get that attention hit... Like theyā€™ll shag a few people and chat to a few people because both make them feel good at the time. If youā€™re happy to chat with no expectations then fine but just be aware that lots of talk for extended periods =/= heā€™ll be brill? He may just be using you to feel better and imo itā€™s draining emotional Labour, maybe Iā€™m a head but I donā€™t do pro bono chat with blokes I donā€™t want male friends sorry sweeties šŸ„“

• Haha
  • Heart
Omg YES I love stuff like this, I wish we could collectively swipe for you!! Firstly duck those grandads, theyā€™re chancing it they probably have their age range set to 18+ and will swipe until someone matches them. Chuck the randy bastards in the bin and do not let them discourage you - the audacity! 100% talk to multiple men at once as there will be lots of time wasters or people just looking to shag, so youā€™ve gotta run candidates co currently! Also itā€™s about you finding what you like so youā€™ve got to truly compare everyone thatā€™s out there!

There will be far wiser advice in these threads for you for people currently active in the dating market, but one thing I used to let happen to me (stupidly!) was - and I hope this doesnā€™t sound like a neckbeard moaning about being friend zoned cos itā€™s not - I think a lot of men go on there lonely and just want to feel attention without ever being fully invested in the process of dating? Especially with apps itā€™s so easy to instantly get that attention hit... Like theyā€™ll shag a few people and chat to a few people because both make them feel good at the time. If youā€™re happy to chat with no expectations then fine but just be aware that lots of talk for extended periods =/= heā€™ll be brill? He may just be using you to feel better and imo itā€™s draining emotional Labour, maybe Iā€™m a head but I donā€™t do pro bono chat with blokes I donā€™t want male friends sorry sweeties šŸ„“
Thank you ā¤ This is really useful. I think my problem is that I dont know what I want. I'll experiment and report back on the process. Even talking to two blokes by text is draining as my memory is awful since the lockdown and I cant remember what Ive told one or the other - I should keep a log!

If all goes well I am speaking to them both on the phone at the weekend as I want to move on from texts to test if I like them. Aww you've all been lovely thank you. I nearly didnt talk to anyone as when I looked at my messages the next day I had some awful ones from men accusing my account being fake and one man calling me a golddigger as I didnt look my age (I do, I am very average looking but had out a nice photo of me on there as thats the point isnt it?).

What is everyone having for dinner/tea :)

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Thank you ā¤ This is really useful. I think my problem is that I dont know what I want. I'll experiment and report back on the process. Even talking to two blokes by text is draining as my memory is awful since the lockdown and I cant remember what Ive told one or the other - I should keep a log!

If all goes well I am speaking to them both on the phone at the weekend as I want to move on from texts to test if I like them. Aww you've all been lovely thank you. I nearly didnt talk to anyone as when I looked at my messages the next day I had some awful ones from men accusing my account being fake and one man calling me a golddigger as I didnt look my age (I do, I am very average looking but had out a nice photo of me on there as thats the point isnt it?).
Look up negging, there will be a lot of that. Also remember itā€™s a womanā€™s market, men are desperate and will send anything in an attempt to elicit a response as itā€™s an in! Block anything sleazy, itā€™ll get worse I used to get sent messages about BDSM (Iā€™m not a goth or anything??) or asked if Iā€™d sell pics of my feet (was so skint I was tempted).

I donā€™t know what the app market is like now but there will undoubtedly be some better ones with higher quality men, I know our @crystaleyesd has been on a lockdown date so maybe she can advise? xx

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Look up negging, there will be a lot of that. Also remember itā€™s a womanā€™s market, men are desperate and will send anything in an attempt to elicit a response as itā€™s an in! Block anything sleazy, itā€™ll get worse I used to get sent messages about BDSM (Iā€™m not a goth or anything??) or asked if Iā€™d sell pics of my feet (was so skint I was tempted).

I donā€™t know what the app market is like now but there will undoubtedly be some better ones with higher quality men, I know our @crystaleyesd has been on a lockdown date so maybe she can advise? xx
Someone I know šŸ”ŗļø got paid by an onliner. A policeman, infact. He wanted to be degraded, he would do anything she asked. Anything! She never had to do or show anything to/of herself. Easy money šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™€ļøšŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I've done my fair share of lockdown dating (we have brand new restrictions here now, so it may be on hold for a little while). It sucks because the golden rule of online dating is usually meet ASAP. If not you get stuck in the cycle of endless dull conversations, plus quite often there's just no chemistry in-person and you feel like you've wasted your time.

BTW 90% of online dating conversations are super boring, and dates rarely lead to lasting romance. I try to embrace the attitude of "at worst, at least I'll have a funny anecdote for my mates" (a thought that has occasionally popped into my head during the act itself... šŸ™ˆ)

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Lovely to read the solidarity in here. It was a sad day for Fraus when the F&D and MT had to split but itā€™s great to see the things youā€™ve been thinking are actually thought by others! And @Dustye please donā€™t ever double think how you refer to your other half I wish you didnā€™t feel that way ā¤ I never want to think about second rows of teeth again tho NGL

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
Ooh don't look at me, I saw a window of non-lockdown opportunity, swiped a few times on Tinder, and lucked out that I didn't get a gargoyle. That D seems a long time ago now... šŸ˜¬. But yes, work those numbers honey.

I have a few rules that may or may not work for others. Swipe left on: 1) Video profiles (don't fuckin make me watch your Big Brother audition mate); 2) Shirtless pics (reeeeeeally?); 3) On longer profiles where the guys are listing their fave books/movies to show how 'cultured' they are, if they don't mention any women creators (there are loads of these depressingly) it's a nope from me; 4) The phrases 'partner in crime', 'natural girl', 'drama free' :rolleyes: 5) Too many emojis - what are you, thirteen?

I quite like OKCupid for an app - there tends to be more interesting AHEMkinkierAHEM guys on there, if that's your bag.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
I donā€™t have my wisdom teeth through and have been veggie for 20 yrs. Anthropologists and doctors say we will stop forming them soon as we donā€™t need them. Itā€™s fascinating.
30 yr old me with no wisdom teeth: Iā€™m so smart, Iā€™ve already evolved!
About 5 minutes later.
Wisdom teeth: Hahaha, we were here all along and now weā€™ve arrived to ruin everything!

• Haha
Lovely to read the solidarity in here. It was a sad day for Fraus when the F&D and MT had to split but itā€™s great to see the things youā€™ve been thinking are actually thought by others! And @Dustye please donā€™t ever double think how you refer to your other half I wish you didnā€™t feel that way ā¤ I never want to think about second rows of teeth again tho NGL
Second this to @Dustye ā¤

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.