Food & Drink #12 Willies and mash

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ooh don't look at me, I saw a window of non-lockdown opportunity, swiped a few times on Tinder, and lucked out that I didn't get a gargoyle. That D seems a long time ago now... 😬. But yes, work those numbers honey.

I have a few rules that may or may not work for others. Swipe left on: 1) Video profiles (don't fuckin make me watch your Big Brother audition mate); 2) Shirtless pics (reeeeeeally?); 3) On longer profiles where the guys are listing their fave books/movies to show how 'cultured' they are, if they don't mention any women creators (there are loads of these depressingly) it's a nope from me; 4) The phrases 'partner in crime', 'natural girl', 'drama free' :rolleyes: 5) Too many emojis - what are you, thirteen?

I quite like OKCupid for an app - there tends to be more interesting AHEMkinkierAHEM guys on there, if that's your bag.
My favourite tit profile pics are the blowjob eye view ones...dude, nobody and I mean NOBODY has "camera pointed up at underside of chin" as their best angle.

Also the sheer number of men who write something like "I don't know what to put here. Ask me if you want to know." Riveting conversation ahead...

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
Re Karaway bakery again, they have a shop in Westfield Stratford, so good for East London Tattlers @heretoreaditall2019. I love toasting their bread and having with savoury things including soups. Try the scalded rye bread. They also have sweet items.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I love that @Mustard, everyone else will waffle on about extra teeth and tinder dick but you will always be there with on-topic food recommendations 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Fraus, I have avoided the MT as some lovely fraus have alerted me to the distasteful right views there at the mo, and I’m not here for that!

I had all 4 wisdom teeth removed at the same time, I was in agony that got worse and worse. When I phoned the receptionist, who was really snotty but agreed I could go back in, they discovered they’d stitched my gum to the inside of my cheek.

@Dustye i hear you on breastfeeding a toddler with teeth, I used to have to say to mine, no bite!!😂

Well done @Begborrowsteal and love to @Flumps

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
Fraus, I have avoided the MT as some lovely fraus have alerted me to the distasteful right views there at the mo, and I’m not here for that!

I had all 4 wisdom teeth removed at the same time, I was in agony that got worse and worse. When I phoned the receptionist, who was really snotty but agreed I could go back in, they discovered they’d stitched my gum to the inside of my cheek.

@Dustye i hear you on breastfeeding a toddler with teeth, I used to have to say to mine, no bite!!😂

Well done @Begborrowsteal and love to @Flumps
Ouch!!! How did they not realise that!? 😵

• Sad
Reactions: 8
We're in for a frustrating time ahead...

We now have the border closed, and we can't leave our individual towns/cities/villages (except for essential work) between 6am Friday and 6am Monday. It's annoying as I usually go hiking at weekends but I live in a very nice city with lots of places to go for long walks. We have a curfew every night from 22h to 6h.

All restaurants and bars have been shut for almost two weeks. As of today, gyms are also shut, along with shopping centres. All non-essential education (extracurriculars, adult evening classes etc) is closed or online, and all university classes that can go online have to. Obvious exceptions for people studying things like medicine, which can't be online-only.

It's a lot milder than March - May, but still. 😕 Worst of all, the churro van has vanished, and it only opened a week ago. It's almost November, I want churros!!

A friend sent me some supermarket pics, it looks like people are panic-buying again...I need to do groceries tomorrow so we'll see what awaits me! I may be eating like Jack Monroe for a couple of weeks... 🤢

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
I love that @Mustard, everyone else will waffle on about extra teeth and tinder dick but you will always be there with on-topic food recommendations 😂
😉😆Yes! I’m thinking of setting up tours of London bakeries in particular. COVID put a stop to my personal tours but I can recommend the Danish Ole & Steen bakeries and cafes dotted around London. They also have good bread of the chewy rye variety including a carrot and rye version which stays ‘moist’. If you like cinnamon and cardamom cakes and pastries do try them.

In Brixton, I urge you to try Aries Bakery. They are in Acre Lane and open from Wednesday to Sunday. They had only been open about a year before COVID hit. They reopened during lockdown and pulled off feats of ingenuity for the local community with the help of customers. They were mentioned in an article in Olive magazine recently.

Also in Brixton, and in Acre Lane, is a wonderful vegan/vegetarian cafe called Blank. They too pulled off opening during lockdown for takeaways and deliveries with customers doing deliveries to isolating people.

All the above are on Instagram.

Last edited:
  • Heart
I don't know much about straight dating but echo what everyone has said, chat to aaaall the dudes and if you end up swimming in weiners then more power to you!

I met my first wife on a now defunct site called butchfemmedating.com. Lordy did I do well on that site. I'd say more but I cba with possibly attracting the aunties from the MT.

Edited because I got myself in a right verbal pickle first time.

• Heart
Ooh don't look at me, I saw a window of non-lockdown opportunity, swiped a few times on Tinder, and lucked out that I didn't get a gargoyle. That D seems a long time ago now... 😬. But yes, work those numbers honey.

I have a few rules that may or may not work for others. Swipe left on: 1) Video profiles (don't fuckin make me watch your Big Brother audition mate); 2) Shirtless pics (reeeeeeally?); 3) On longer profiles where the guys are listing their fave books/movies to show how 'cultured' they are, if they don't mention any women creators (there are loads of these depressingly) it's a nope from me; 4) The phrases 'partner in crime', 'natural girl', 'drama free' :rolleyes: 5) Too many emojis - what are you, thirteen?

I quite like OKCupid for an app - there tends to be more interesting AHEMkinkierAHEM guys on there, if that's your bag.
Agree that you've got to work the numbers. I used to online date, ahem, a lot, and absolutely it's a numbers game. Also, don't be too nice about it. If you aren't feeling it, move on. Avoid those who want to share their problems with you early doors, you don't want to be their therapist, and those who list their requirements like a checklist, yawn. Also am not happy with emoji use in profiles, and not too many in text conversation either. Use your words. I, like someone else upthread, used to approach every actual date with expectation that it would be an amusing anecdote rather than the beginning of a long-term relationship.

OKCupid was definitely the one that I met the most, ahem, interesting people on too. And a few actually interesting people too.

I would caution that you need a relatively thick skin about it all, which you do tend to grow quickly. TBH I mostly used OLD to scratch a particular itch, without wanting a relationship, because I was not interested in feelings and all that tit. Mind you, it was during that phase that I met my partner now and now I have all the bloody feelings, so proceed at your own risk.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Sending love to all Fraus tonight xxx

Juat as some light relief I always have a chuckle about my "Member" title under my username and wish I could add "Big" in front of it 🤭

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Agree that you've got to work the numbers. I used to online date, ahem, a lot, and absolutely it's a numbers game. Also, don't be too nice about it. If you aren't feeling it, move on. Avoid those who want to share their problems with you early doors, you don't want to be their therapist, and those who list their requirements like a checklist, yawn. Also am not happy with emoji use in profiles, and not too many in text conversation either. Use your words. I, like someone else upthread, used to approach every actual date with expectation that it would be an amusing anecdote rather than the beginning of a long-term relationship.

OKCupid was definitely the one that I met the most, ahem, interesting people on too. And a few actually interesting people too.

I would caution that you need a relatively thick skin about it all, which you do tend to grow quickly. TBH I mostly used OLD to scratch a particular itch, without wanting a relationship, because I was not interested in feelings and all that tit. Mind you, it was during that phase that I met my partner now and now I have all the bloody feelings, so proceed at your own risk.
I saw a profile recently that said "I met my ex on Tinder. She's an amazing person but sadly things didn't work out. We've parted ways, so now I'm hoping to find someone else special."

😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱

• Haha
  • Wow
I go into online dating with a view to having fun and anything more can develop from there if it happens ... it hasn’t yet tho so my strategy may need work 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
I saw a profile recently that said "I met my ex on Tinder. She's an amazing person but sadly things didn't work out. We've parted ways, so now I'm hoping to find someone else special."

😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱
Ah yes, the tempting offer to try and fit a space left by an entirely different woman. Do sign me up.

• Haha
I’m afraid I have nothing to add to the dating chat. I just want to rant that my Chinese takeaway is 35 minutes late and I’m ready to eat my own arm.

• Haha
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 20

This has made me cackle, there are video profiles now?! Is it like when you see those 80s dating agency videos in movies?!
😉😆Yes! I’m thinking of setting up tours of London bakeries in particular. COVID put a stop to my personal tours but I can recommend the Danish Ole & Steen bakeries and cafes dotted around London. They also have good bread of the chewy rye variety including a carrot and rye version which stays ‘moist’. If you like cinnamon and cardamom cakes and pastries do try them.

In Brixton, I urge you to try Aries Bakery. They are in Acre Lane and open from Wednesday to Sunday. They had only been open about a year before COVID hit. They reopened during lockdown and pulled off feats of ingenuity for the local community with the help of customers. They were mentioned in an article in Olive magazine recently.

Also in Brixton, and in Acre Lane, is a wonderful vegan/vegetarian cafe called Blank. They too pulled off opening during lockdown for takeaways and deliveries with customers doing deliveries to isolating people.

All the above are on Instagram.
This would be such a fun day out! Love Ole & Steen too, the staff in the Piccadilly Circus branch have the patience of saints and I appreciate that they let you skip the ticketed queue system if you’re a regular. The rye bread is amazing, loved the prawn-y thing they did on it, and the cheesy mushroom flatbread things (don’t know the name of it). The cinnamon swirls are SO good but impossible to eat a whole one. The potato focaccia is amazing too although I hated that they kept it by the entrance, uncovered! 🤮 Why oh why has covid ruined everything!

Out of interest what do you make of crosstown donuts Mustard? I like that their Brick Lane store is open til 10ish so you’ve got somewhere to go after work that isn’t a pub & they do a free hot drink with your donut..

• Heart
Reactions: 11
This has made me cackle, there are video profiles now?! Is it like when you see those 80s dating agency videos in movies?!

This would be such a fun day out! Love Ole & Steen too, the staff in the Piccadilly Circus branch have the patience of saints and I appreciate that they let you skip the ticketed queue system if you’re a regular. The rye bread is amazing, loved the prawn-y thing they did on it, and the cheesy mushroom flatbread things (don’t know the name of it). The cinnamon swirls are SO good but impossible to eat a whole one. The potato focaccia is amazing too although I hated that they kept it by the entrance, uncovered! 🤮 Why oh why has covid ruined everything!

Out of interest what do you make of crosstown donuts Mustard? I like that their Brick Lane store is open til 10ish so you’ve got somewhere to go after work that isn’t a pub & they do a free hot drink with your donut..
I'm a big fan of Crosstown. Never had a doughnut from there I didn't like. I miss their Christmas Black Forest one from a few years ago now. They've started ice cream and cookies too but they'd have to be amazing to lure me away from my favourites.

• Heart
Reactions: 8

I'm gonna have to ask all you London-based frauen for recommendations when I can finally visit my mum again. There used to be the most amazing Vietnamese place just round the corner from her flat, but sadly it closed down a couple of years ago...I still miss that softshell crab...

I miss having so many options about where to eat. Food quality here is generally very, very good, but people are quite unadventurous in their tastes, so international cuisine is limited.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
In two weeks time it will be the 40 year anniversary of my first date with Oxford_Boy weird I don’t feel old enough

Oopmh pulled pork is bluddy lovely

• Heart
I'm a big fan of Crosstown. Never had a doughnut from there I didn't like. I miss their Christmas Black Forest one from a few years ago now. They've started ice cream and cookies too but they'd have to be amazing to lure me away from my favourites.
They have a new box that looks amaziiing, just the idea of spending £35 on 6 donuts during a global recession come never ending pandemic is a bit 🥴

Sorry to hear about fraus under stricter lockdown rules. It feels never ending, I’ve written 2021 off now too.

AD7F9C76-E801-42FA-A587-B6E2B718F912.jpeg

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
They have a new box that looks amaziiing, just the idea of spending £35 on 6 donuts during a global recession come never ending pandemic is a bit 🥴

Sorry to hear about fraus under stricter lockdown rules. It feels never ending, I’ve written 2021 off now too.

View attachment 292813
That price is for a dozen, no? It's definitely not almost £6 a doughnut when you go in store!

If you can make it to a store then I'd do that and you can choose from their whole range.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.