Food & Drink #12 Willies and mash

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
To make a quick fish taco I use corn tortillas, fish fingers, bottled ranch dressing and chopped lettuce or cabbage, and lime juice if I have it.
Yum! Definitely adding that to my list of frau food. Bonus points to you, cos I have nearly all of that in anyway

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Sorry for being a Smeg_gie downer but really sad rock on Tommys died (Bobby Ball) Fellow 1970s 🔺 Frauen and herren will understand. Stay safe out there cabal. Sending love Xxxx

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
Faaaaackin' 'ell what is going on with the MT? Had a quick grunka while eating my afternoon satsuma and it's all gone a bit Suzanne Moore?!?

I know I sound like a stupid little snowflake but it's really upset me and made me feel all sick and horrible. There's a reason I refer to my partner as 'they.' Honestly I thought this corner of the internet was a place for a giggle with like-minded types but it's like a family meal with my UKIP aunt and uncle right now.

@Flumps hugs for you.

@Begborrowsteal let us know how it goes!

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Faaaaackin' 'ell what is going on with the MT? Had a quick grunka while eating my afternoon satsuma and it's all gone a bit Suzanne Moore?!?

I know I sound like a stupid little snowflake but it's really upset me and made me feel all sick and horrible. There's a reason I refer to my partner as 'they.' Honestly I thought this corner of the internet was a place for a giggle with like-minded types but it's like a family meal with my UKIP aunt and uncle right now.

@Flumps hugs for you.

@Begborrowsteal let us know how it goes!
Please can you tell me what the MT is? I always thought it was Sir Matt of the forearms initials. Oh wait.... Is it main thread?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
A few posters not getting the memo that JM's gender stuff is brought up because she made a hash of the whole thing, not because trans/NB people aren't valid. It's really disappointing.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I cannot cope with the image of the extra teeth just chilling out in a kids skull. bleeping grim.
omg one of my friends at primary school had 2 sets of baby teeth on the front bottom row.. it made me shiver to see it

• Wow
  • Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
To make a quick fish taco I use corn tortillas, fish fingers, bottled ranch dressing and chopped lettuce or cabbage, and lime juice if I have it.
I do this too! (any excuse for fish fingers tbh :LOL:) is also amazing with some mashed up avocado

• Haha
  • Heart
Sorry for being a Smeg_gie downer but really sad rock on Tommys died (Bobby Ball) Fellow 1970s 🔺 Frauen and herren will understand. Stay safe out there cabal. Sending love Xxxx
Its like a little bit of your childhood had died. I remember seeing him in pantomime in the 70s. Very sad.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
A few posters not getting the memo that JM's gender stuff is brought up because she made a hash of the whole thing, not because trans/NB people aren't valid. It's really disappointing.
This
Too short
Still too short

• Heart
@Begborrowsteal - it sounds like a brilliant opportunity for you, but absolutely with you on the 'change is scary' front. Do the second interview, see how you feel after, and after all, not a prison sentence, if you start it and it doesn't work for you, then you can always walk away. I suspect, though, if you go for it, you'll find it a way to regain a bit of yourself.

Thank you all so much for thinking of me and all the lovely supportive posts. He's gone very quiet again, but I am refusing to worry so much this time, because I get that he needs to rest and just drift, and it's not his job to support me right now, so am just getting on with things. Sorry, too tired to go back and check names, but for those who asked, yep, daughter is all the teenage at the moment, so I know it's to be expected, but I don't know, hit me in the gut I guess.

There were other things I wanted to comment on, but completely lost track of them all. Can I give general love to everyone instead please?

I've also just had a bowl of marmite pasta, you know, just to be on topic. A nutritional step up from biscuits at any rate.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Sending love to @Flumps and others that need it (why don’t I write my comments as I go?! I always think I’ll remember but never do)

Quickly skimmed the MT but it’s a bit odd. Like we’re going through the cycle in to an argument amongst ourselves again. I haven’t posted much on it partly because of that. I don’t think it helps that Jack hasn’t done anything funny recently, it’s all been genuine crappy stuff rather than horse spunk laughs.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Sadly this is a recurring issue on the MT, fear not - whether we

1. confront their bigotry head on
2. dilute the hate with lots of our own light hearted posts or
3. ice them out by not reacting and ignoring them

we know from past occasions that they will leave in the end as they're not actually interested in joking round or forming a light hearted community and just want to spread hate. Do what you feel comfortable doing, whether its taking a break from the threads, one of the options i use above, or if you have your own strategy, know that racist wine aunts are temporary but the coven is frau-ever 😜

@Flumps you're doing absolutely everything you can and as others have said a few days being fussed over at her grandmother's won't do your daughter any harm!

I got very "teenage" vibes from your quote. I don't doubt she's feeling a lot of emotions right now with the whole 2 households becoming one, and not being able to do as many normal teenage things because covid, i think she's just lashing out with her feelings (not appreciating that you're a human being going through a terrible time because sometimes teens have very self centred priorities - completely normal at that age though! )

As a child sometimes it can feel like the world is ending when really its just changing. Once the dust settles and a status quo resumes im sure she'll feel much better, and hopefully your mother's house will be a bit of a holiday for her, im sure it will help settle her.

And you need to look after yourself, you've got a lot on your plate atm, don't feel bad for checking up on your partner for peace of mind (tbh im sure a quick phone call with a patient's nice relative is a wonderful brief reprieve for the nurses from some of their other jobs) wish i could do something to make this all go away but we're here thinking of you 💕

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.