Food & Drink #12 Willies and mash

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Our latest snack surprise box has arrived.
This month is Turkey! Another country I haven’t been to and know little about their snacks so that’s good.

B90A8267-2FE9-43CA-B5D0-D34F6F4CA360.jpeg

84602840-037E-4700-9127-B45282CE30AB.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 20
@Begborrowsteal - it sounds like a brilliant opportunity for you, but absolutely with you on the 'change is scary' front. Do the second interview, see how you feel after, and after all, not a prison sentence, if you start it and it doesn't work for you, then you can always walk away. I suspect, though, if you go for it, you'll find it a way to regain a bit of yourself.

Thank you all so much for thinking of me and all the lovely supportive posts. He's gone very quiet again, but I am refusing to worry so much this time, because I get that he needs to rest and just drift, and it's not his job to support me right now, so am just getting on with things. Sorry, too tired to go back and check names, but for those who asked, yep, daughter is all the teenage at the moment, so I know it's to be expected, but I don't know, hit me in the gut I guess.

There were other things I wanted to comment on, but completely lost track of them all. Can I give general love to everyone instead please?

I've also just had a bowl of marmite pasta, you know, just to be on topic. A nutritional step up from biscuits at any rate.
I had never thought about eating marmite pasta (I remember seeing it on Nigella's show and thinking yuck) but actually I love both components so might try it now I have read so many people's posts on it here (or on MT who knows). Do you add oil or anything else?

Our latest snack surprise box has arrived.
This month is Turkey! Another country I haven’t been to and know little about their snacks so that’s good.

View attachment 292334

View attachment 292336
omg that all looks so cool, but especially the sourpatch!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
@Flumps ❤❤

The interview was brief, quite informal, but went well I think. If anything, it was a nice chat & a laugh. Its actually comical how anxious I get before an interview. Fully aware I'm being a head 😂 team sounds great, workload seems challenging but exciting.. so we shall see! I find out next week 😬

• Heart
Reactions: 26
I had never thought about eating marmite pasta (I remember seeing it on Nigella's show and thinking yuck) but actually I love both components so might try it now I have read so many people's posts on it here (or on MT who knows). Do you add oil or anything else?

You add some butter and cheese.

Reactions: 10

It's butter, marmite and parmesan. I add a solid teaspoon of marmite for 120g of pasta, but Nigella is a lot more conservative, which probably brings it closer to the recipe for pasta with leftover roasting stock that it might well be inspired by, but I really like marmite, so I go for it. Nigella's quantities are here:

Mine are (for one):

120g pasta
1tsp marmite
Lump of butter
duck-ton of parmesan

She has complicated (relatively) instructions that involve melting the marmite and butter in a pan with a tbsp of pasta liquid while pasta is cooking. I just cook, then drain the pasta, reserve a little cooking water in the pan, throw the marmite and butter in and stir until it's all coating the pasta, then add the parmesan. I don't like extra pans when I can get away with not using them.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
@Flumps ❤❤

The interview was brief, quite informal, but went well I think. If anything, it was a nice chat & a laugh. Its actually comical how anxious I get before an interview. Fully aware I'm being a head 😂 team sounds great, workload seems challenging but exciting.. so we shall see! I find out next week 😬
Erm you are not being a head, nerves mean you care! Have been on the horrible PND train myself so totally get how you're feeling. I ended up being bullied back to work when the bairn was only a few months old, then being sneered at for having to pump and store my milk in the office fridge (where else was I going to put it?! It was only full of their tit beer and Pepperami anyway). I couldn't take it anymore, it was making me feel awful so I was signed off by the GP and found a four day a week job with a lovely, female-run business. Was the best decision ever and means I have the flexibility I want.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
@Begborrowsteal - it sounds like a brilliant opportunity for you, but absolutely with you on the 'change is scary' front. Do the second interview, see how you feel after, and after all, not a prison sentence, if you start it and it doesn't work for you, then you can always walk away. I suspect, though, if you go for it, you'll find it a way to regain a bit of yourself.

Thank you all so much for thinking of me and all the lovely supportive posts. He's gone very quiet again, but I am refusing to worry so much this time, because I get that he needs to rest and just drift, and it's not his job to support me right now, so am just getting on with things. Sorry, too tired to go back and check names, but for those who asked, yep, daughter is all the teenage at the moment, so I know it's to be expected, but I don't know, hit me in the gut I guess.

There were other things I wanted to comment on, but completely lost track of them all. Can I give general love to everyone instead please?

I've also just had a bowl of marmite pasta, you know, just to be on topic. A nutritional step up from biscuits at any rate.
I hope this doesn't come across creepy/stalkerish but if you ever feel like you need anything/someone to talk to IRL, remember I'm close by and am always here for you if you want! X

• Heart
Reactions: 16
It's butter, marmite and parmesan. I add a solid teaspoon of marmite for 120g of pasta, but Nigella is a lot more conservative, which probably brings it closer to the recipe for pasta with leftover roasting stock that it might well be inspired by, but I really like marmite, so I go for it. Nigella's quantities are here:

Mine are (for one):

120g pasta
1tsp marmite
Lump of butter
duck-ton of parmesan

She has complicated (relatively) instructions that involve melting the marmite and butter in a pan with a tbsp of pasta liquid while pasta is cooking. I just cook, then drain the pasta, reserve a little cooking water in the pan, throw the marmite and butter in and stir until it's all coating the pasta, then add the parmesan. I don't like extra pans when I can get away with not using them.
I love Marmite so might try this with vegan spread, hopefully it won't get too claggy 🤢

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Beer in a work fridge! 🙀

Sending all the PND ❤❤❤ It’s awful.

I love Marmite so might try this with vegan spread, hopefully it won't get too claggy 🤢
It’s good with a huge sprinkle of nutritional yeast!

• Heart
Beer in a work fridge! 🙀

Sending all the PND ❤❤❤ It’s awful.
Urgh it was an agency full of 22 year old man babies, I was the eldest there because I was - gasp! - in my thirties, and one of the few women in management. Leadership team were all David Brent types, absolute toilet of a workplace.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 16

Mine are (for one):

120g pasta
1tsp marmite
Lump of butter
duck-ton of parmesan

ooh I think I will try this this week , my partner is not British and has never tried Marmite.. I am excited for his reaction:LOL:

Extra teeth talk is 😬. I’ve only had two wisdom teeth removed.
oh god I had my bottom two grow in ok (ish, fucked up my teeth a bit) but my top ones will have to be removed, I am shitting myself. Also they have been growing for like 20 years, I was hoping it would never happen. ugh why are we designed with so many flaws :rolleyes:

• Heart
That is just, NOT ok!!

I had mine removed, I asked for it to be done at the hospital. Blergh.
omg I *asked* for the second wisdom tooth to get removed - only one had impacted but it was so easy and painless I just thought I've spent the last few days sweating profusely in fear so may as well get them both out now! Also ngl did think buy one get one free 👀

I just bought something off Very, I've always been really wary because I know someone who ended up getting a £200 bill for a £30 dress years ago?! I've worked with ppl who've come out of their huge data dept and heard they make more on interest than they do on product so it's just always seemed a bit of a scary place to me. Anyway checking out - firstly their website is bleeping amazingly done from an eComm PoV, but the checkout is SO cheeky all the ~website cues~ like big green buttons etc lead you towards the credit option, so if you're skimming through check out (especially likely if you're a busy mum which feels like a huge part of their demog?) you could easily end up taking out credit accidentally?! It's really bleeping bad of them, but I didn't have a choice to go elsewhere for this item!! Don't know why I'm sharing this just shocked, the shameless bastards!

Attachments

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 13
omg I *asked* for the second wisdom tooth to get removed - only one had impacted but it was so easy and painless I just thought I've spent the last few days sweating profusely in fear so may as well get them both out now! Also ngl did think buy one get one free 👀

I just bought something off Very, I've always been really wary because I know someone who ended up getting a £200 bill for a £30 dress years ago?! I've worked with ppl who've come out of their huge data dept and heard they make more on interest than they do on product so it's just always seemed a bit of a scary place to me. Anyway checking out - firstly their website is bleeping amazingly done from an eComm PoV, but the checkout is SO cheeky all the ~website cues~ like big green buttons etc lead you towards the credit option, so if you're skimming through check out (especially likely if you're a busy mum which feels like a huge part of their demog?) you could easily end up taking out credit accidentally?! It's really bleeping bad of them, but I didn't have a choice to go elsewhere for this item!! Don't know why I'm sharing this just shocked, the shameless bastards!
did they do the impacted one in local or general anasthetic (sorry to everyone who hates the teeth stories) my top ones both are and i am terrified.
About the Very thing, that is crazy, how are things like this not illegal?!

• Heart
Reactions: 7

wasn’t Fearne Cotton associated wIth them?

Reactions: 3
Erm you are not being a head, nerves mean you care! Have been on the horrible PND train myself so totally get how you're feeling. I ended up being bullied back to work when the bairn was only a few months old, then being sneered at for having to pump and store my milk in the office fridge (where else was I going to put it?! It was only full of their tit beer and Pepperami anyway). I couldn't take it anymore, it was making me feel awful so I was signed off by the GP and found a four day a week job with a lovely, female-run business. Was the best decision ever and means I have the flexibility I want.
I am always intrigued about the power of breast milk turning people into dickheads because they are so afraid of it! Your story sounds similar to my friends and to this day she still works there but I have no idea how she got through it. She is a surveyor and would be on building sites pumping milk and then storing it in the fridge in the portacabin. Men would open in the fridge and gasp in horror.

Glad you have a lovely job now. Your post has made me remember the time I opened the front door and signed for a parcel with my tits out as I was so tired from breastfeeding I forgot to put them away!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
God I love all you guys. ❤ If we didn’t have this place I think The Walrus would have sailed away and left the MT to it.

@Toffee finger The ‘bidolu’ biscuity things look so yum, like an ice cream sandwichy kind of thing. Did anyone used to do weird things like squish them together until they contracted and squashed or was that just weirdo me?

• Heart
Reactions: 14
did they do the impacted one in local or general anasthetic (sorry to everyone who hates the teeth stories) my top ones both are and i am terrified.
About the Very thing, that is crazy, how are things like this not illegal?!
Both of mine were impacted, done under GA.

My top wisdoms are through and just.. keep growing. They wont do anything with them til theyre a problem. So like.. i have weird fangs at the back of my mouth, and im waiting for them to reach the gum on the bottom so i can have them out 🥴🤮

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
I don’t have my wisdom teeth through and have been veggie for 20 yrs. Anthropologists and doctors say we will stop forming them soon as we don’t need them. It’s fascinating.

• Heart
  • Wow
I just find it really weird that our bodies know to produce extra teeth between the ages of 17 and 21 a full ten years after you start growing your adult teeth.

• Heart
I just find it really weird that our bodies know to produce extra teeth between the ages of 17 and 21 a full ten years after you start growing your adult teeth.
I learned recently that the reason (this was not from a dentist so I am prepared to learn otherwise) was that they were like replacement teeth as in the past (as in 1000s years ago) most people would lose a lot of teeth, so these teeth would effectivly be a replacement and wouldn;t grow where they do today, but more in the front (luckily it is only 4 as imagine another entire set of teeth...) The body is so fascinating

• Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.