Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Into_the_tunnel

VIP Member
Meal tonight was bubble and squeak cakes, with fried eggs and mushrooms.
Hope everyone has a better evening (and hope your takeaway was nice @Flumps)View attachment 290362
Although eggs are few and far between in our house.... unless something happens to the dog (😳), I feel you missed a trick on the description of them here. Were they not soft? Drenched in pepper? Have a final addition of fish or lemon?

The bubble and squeak cakes sound fab.

unfortunately I fell off the chocolate button wagon last night after my parents decided that they no longer wanted to meet in a random service station car park in the middle of the country as it was too risky. They are in the vaccine trial and my dad is still recovering from being knocked off his bike and I haven’t seen them since the beginning of February. Needless to say I am heartbroken. Curry has gone in the freezer. Kale potatoes tonight.

@Flumps getting some resolution by speaking to someone will help, but you should also prioritise what you need. I agree with those that say don’t worry about normal routines,when you are stressed your body craves ( and needs )certain foods and will sleep when it needs to. You can put the green veg back in after.🤗

• Heart
Reactions: 24

NP

VIP Member
I made this for the first time after looking for something to do with the filo pastry that’s been in the freezer for months. It was so delicious. Had it with roast potatoes & veg. Definitely recommend it. It’s vegan too so any vegan fraus, give this a go.

E6ED67F2-169F-4047-9484-E5341F2E9E8C.jpeg

• Heart

Flumps

VIP Member
Thank you all again for so many good wishes. Made me feel emotions and stuff. He woke up in pain again this morning, but I've been off to do about 30% of what we'd had planned today and while I was out he's fallen asleep again. So I am tattling and having biscuits and leaving him to sleep it off (hopefully).

I feel shattered though. Think I will suggest Borat to watch later. Though post-Strictly, because although he's poorly, there are only so many sacrifices I am prepared to make and I have a deep love of Strictly that will not be denied.

• Heart

MarmiteExtract

VIP Member
Fraus fraus fraus, I too am on the train smirking at the hen party jokes. So shite at posting or even reading the thread properly but I like this little slice of Internet and wish I had the brain power to connect a little more. Not to be Jack about it but social anxiety is so bad even writing this gives me the willies.

Not even sure what drama I missed on the MT but looks like some of you need a little love so here’s mine x
Social anxiety is shit and I feel you on that front, but no brain power is needed round these parts thankfully — the most effort I put in is trying to guess the answers to Alan’s penguin jokes.

• Heart

kachoochoo

VIP Member
I don't just eat beige and crisps 😎

pasta and chorizo and a just right amount of parmesan, on the sofa cos mondays suck even when you're not at work 🙂

20201026_200121.jpg

• Heart

MarmiteExtract

VIP Member
Afternoon coven

I’m interested in what you do for Christmas presents with your kids. I have no interest in buying mountains of presents (especially as daughters birthday is end of November too!) so birthday she is getting a Bluetooth speaker so she can listen to her shitty pop music in a different room and dinner out.we’ve bought tickets for Harry Potter world thing in Watford (?) for Christmas as a family present. I personally think that’s more than enough money wise but also she is 8 and if she doesn’t have actual stuff to open she might feel a bit shortchanged?!

I am aware as I write this what a privileged 1st world problem this is but interested in others opinions on how you do Christmas presents and getting a balance right and also what do you do about Santa? I usually just do a pair of pyjamas and some chocolate from Santa and the rest is from us but she doesn’t need pyjamas lol

To keep on topic - mushroom pate on toast for lunch and Greek takeaway tonight
I don't have kids myself, but my sister does the "Something you want, something you need and something to read" rule of thumb for her kids' Christmas presents, which I always think is a quite a nice idea.

• Heart

Flumps

VIP Member
We've been locked down again since a few days before the UK fraus.
Which makes little difference to me as I hadn't really come out of the first one.
Mrs TUIT is back to people coughing full in her face while asking, 'Now, does that sound Covid-y to you?'
Stripping at the backdoor while I throw hand sanitiser at her shouting, 'The power of Christ compels you!'
This will never not be funny to me but she is well and truly over it.
Separate boxes for everything that is 'work-related'.
Seeing the damage the PPE is doing to her lovely face.
Her tears when she says, 'Remember So and So from the such and such? They're gone.'
But I made her some pate type shite from the peppered mackerel they sell in Lidl, blitzed with cream cheese, horseradish, dijon mustard and lemon juice.
And that's how we're rolling in Tipperary.
Oh my, your poor Mrs. There's something about seeing the PPE damage to the faces of all healthcare workers that really brings the insanity of this all home, I can't imagine what it's like to see that on your wife's face. Sorry, somehow that feels like it sounds insensitive, I'm sorry if it does. I don't mean it to be. It's like the struggle writ large on the people who are really bearing the burden. Love to you both. xx

• Heart
Reactions: 23

Pocahontas

VIP Member
Oh @Flumps . Wish I could hug you right now!
That saying ‘this too shall pass’ is worthless when you’re in the eye of the storm, isn’t it.

Teenagers are largely self-absorbed, it’s their MO (saying this with an an almost-teen) you’ll sort it when you get a chance. Your other half at least is in the right place in terms of medical attention, but hospitals are such surreal, miserable places I’m not surprised he feels a little overwhelmed with it all. Hopefully he will get some more rest today.

You’re under a lot of stress, worry and pressure. The main thing is to look after yourself as much as you can X x

• Heart

Flumps

VIP Member
He's in the best place to find out what's wrong and get him back to being himself ASAP, and it sounds like they're actually doing things relatively quickly. You're not far away and sitting in a cold car would only be more likely to make you ill and miserable too which wouldn't help anyone.

Hopefully they'll get to the bottom of it soon and you can relax. Try and distract yourself in the mean time, maybe make some comforting easy on the stomach food that can be in the fridge if he feels like eating in the next few days so he doesn't need to do much?
This is an excellent idea. I prefer being practical. I've already cleaned the kitchen, because obvs sparkling hobs are key to recovery, but this seems actually useful.

• Heart

Alansbigplate

VIP Member
I'm sorry Alan 😞 you're a witty and good hearted frau, it wouldnt be the same on here without you! I hope this hasn't put you in a bad mood 💕
I was already on a downer. How come a week off work flies and a week at work drags like hell? I should’ve eaten more than toast all day that won’t have helped either. Thank you love

• Heart

LucyPeach

Thought I'd come and say hi! I haven't been able to keep up with the main thread and this one since the first F&D chat (when I got some amazing Ocado recommendations) so I've just stuck with the Jack stuff.

Anyway, it's all gone a bit odd again over there so I might just camp out here for a while if that's ok?

By the way, do I need to read thread 12 to find out more about willies and mash?

ETA I mean Thread 11!

• Heart

Terrible

VIP Member
I do wish there were more hours in the day, so I could keep up with you all here, as well as over there.

I went to the Harry Potter studio tour today (Found tickets online yesterday!), it was fab, except for the butter beer. Didn’t eat there, and did veggie burgers and curly fries when we got home, which were bloody lovely.

• Heart

Montrachet

Chatty Member
After all this donut talk around here, I'm wondering how best to ice my ring. Anyone got any strong opinions on dipping versus drizzling?

It is a tough one. I did once experiment with double-dipping, but have tended to go with a dip and drizzle strategy on fresh, warm buns in recent years.

we know from past occasions that they will leave in the end as they're not actually interested in joking round or forming a light hearted community and just want to spread hate. Do what you feel comfortable doing, whether its taking a break from the threads, one of the options i use above, or if you have your own strategy, know that racist wine aunts are temporary but the coven is frau-ever 😜

• Haha
  • Wow
Hello, just popping in here really quickly because the JM thread has got super weird 😕.

Just wanted to say that I think you're a wonderful bunch. I really hope I've never said anything to upset anyone. My views seem to broadly align with people on this thread, having just flicked through the most recent few pages - but my comments on a family member's interview have annoyed some, which is fine, differences of opinion, and apparently I derailed the thread with Alan Partridge so that got moved, which again is fine, I didn't even think, but I'm all sorts of anxious that I've been annoying in some way 😰

If I have this was just a quick one to say sorry, like, a million times over. And also that you're all lovely.
You haven’t at all my love, honestly don’t worry. It’s an active thread and if you ask a relevant question you’ll get bombarded with answers because people are lovely and funny tbh, I think the mods are just keen to keep that thread on topic as it’s a huge one for tattle so they want lurkers or new members to be able to slot right in and chat about JM and OT bits might inhibit that? That’s the impression I’ve always got 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Heart
Looool I love this thread, just catching up on the last whilst trapped under a sleepy baby and chuckling along.

Not food but you know the Netflix American family murder documentary? The husband’s girlfriend is shady as fuck did you guys know this?! She was googling some weird shit I’ve been listening to podcasts about it as ~research

• Wow
  • Haha

crystaleyesd

VIP Member
A-fucking-men. I’m a quiet type but i’ve been brewing for a while and may soon snap. The Hyacinths have infiltrated our funny thread. I hope journalists steer clear, it’s awful.
I can't even with the gleeful thigh rubbing of fancying Giles Coren. Like 'oooh he's a bit naughty but I love that about him' - nope, he's a disgrace and just admit you're fine with lusting over a racist? You're not as edgy as you think - you just don't have morals.

• Heart

Aquamarina

Chatty Member
I think I am putting 1 +1 together and getting 0, regarding the post...

Anyway, it’s Fridayyyyyyy which means more time to make a decent dinner as i have some time :). I think i will make a white wine risotto.
I think the member who posted the screenshots thinks that this thread has somehow been created to bitch about the MT. I mean, if any of them had actually bothered to read through the FD threads, they could see that we do actually mainly talk about food and other life stuff, rather than the ‘horrors’ they imagine. It’s all very school girlish behaviour.

• Heart

Toffee finger

VIP Member
I’m annoyed about that comment because it’s so ridiculous! Pisses me off when a few comments are taken out of context. It’s like when an influencer tries to kick off about tattle and screenshots all the swear words like it’ll prove we’re all awful 😂

• Heart
  • Haha

Switchstreetz

VIP Member
Sadly this is a recurring issue on the MT, fear not - whether we

1. confront their bigotry head on
2. dilute the hate with lots of our own light hearted posts or
3. ice them out by not reacting and ignoring them

we know from past occasions that they will leave in the end as they're not actually interested in joking round or forming a light hearted community and just want to spread hate. Do what you feel comfortable doing, whether its taking a break from the threads, one of the options i use above, or if you have your own strategy, know that racist wine aunts are temporary but the coven is frau-ever 😜

@Flumps you're doing absolutely everything you can and as others have said a few days being fussed over at her grandmother's won't do your daughter any harm!

I got very "teenage" vibes from your quote. I don't doubt she's feeling a lot of emotions right now with the whole 2 households becoming one, and not being able to do as many normal teenage things because covid, i think she's just lashing out with her feelings (not appreciating that you're a human being going through a terrible time because sometimes teens have very self centred priorities - completely normal at that age though! )

As a child sometimes it can feel like the world is ending when really its just changing. Once the dust settles and a status quo resumes im sure she'll feel much better, and hopefully your mother's house will be a bit of a holiday for her, im sure it will help settle her.

And you need to look after yourself, you've got a lot on your plate atm, don't feel bad for checking up on your partner for peace of mind (tbh im sure a quick phone call with a patient's nice relative is a wonderful brief reprieve for the nurses from some of their other jobs) wish i could do something to make this all go away but we're here thinking of you 💕

• Heart