Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

colouredlines

VIP Member
20201101_145632.jpg

Lunch is a tuna steak with soy, honey & orange dressing on sweet potato mash. I added spinach because the plate looked a bit empty, and coriander to deter any nearby Monroes.

I have enough mash for tomorrow's packed lunch (probably with beef). I should really do some batch cooking for the week ahead, but it may take a little motivation...

• Heart
Reactions: 26

Flumps

VIP Member
I have got myself an update. MrF texted. He got seen really quickly, but was taken v ill (spare you the details) almost as soon as he got through triage. Got seen after that by surgical team who did lots of tests and asked him 'why he waited so long' to come in. COVID no visitor rules have spared them my potentially sarcastic reply to that question. He's feeling better after some meds, but being admitted overnight to start with for obs and presumably some sort of diagnosis. Am just working out whether I can drop stuff off for him. Not on ward yet as waiting for COVID test.

• Heart

NP

VIP Member
Afternoon hausfraus. I missed Nigella on Saturday Kitchen so I’ll have to catch up later. So far we’ve watched The Addams Family and eaten a ton of party food. I’m on day two of dairy elimination to find out what’s irritating my IBS so much (TMI fraus) so I couldn’t eat any of the chocolate I’d bought :(

Can’t add much to the wine chat as I’m an uncultured swine and drink Strongbow if I’m at the pub. Sometimes I’ll get a Rekorderlig if I’m feeling FANCY.

Disappointed that a lockdown looks imminent. I have my 20 week scan on Tuesday which is the first time Mr NP is allowed to come with me so I’m hoping the rules don’t change before then. It’s also the first time we’ll be leaving the toddler without either of us and I feel more anxious about that than the scan!

• Heart

Switchstreetz

VIP Member
Hello, just popping in here really quickly because the JM thread has got super weird 😕.

Just wanted to say that I think you're a wonderful bunch. I really hope I've never said anything to upset anyone. My views seem to broadly align with people on this thread, having just flicked through the most recent few pages - but my comments on a family member's interview have annoyed some, which is fine, differences of opinion, and apparently I derailed the thread with Alan Partridge so that got moved, which again is fine, I didn't even think, but I'm all sorts of anxious that I've been annoying in some way 😰

If I have this was just a quick one to say sorry, like, a million times over. And also that you're all lovely.
I dont think you've done anything to upset anyone dear heart, it was more the transphobia/vague homophobia (a lesbian?? With a child??? In traaazers?!) that personally I was upset/uncomfortable about and im awful for remembering usernames but dont think you were involved in any of that. 💕

And we've all been off topic in the main thread before, its one of the main reasons the off topic threads were created! (its lovely that we have some wonderful fraus in food and drink who never even frequent the MT as well!)

• Heart

Flumps

VIP Member
I think we’ve talked on here a couple of times about not being taken seriously by medics this is why you were absolutely right to be firm when you went back. It’s atrocious that people aren’t given the depth of investigations they should be because of time or money on the assumption most aren’t what the worst could be, it should be quite the opposite x
I absolutely know this isn't what I should be focusing on right now, but my mind kind of drifts back to it when I stop doing stuff, and I can't even imagine where we'd have been right now if we hadn't trusted ourselves that this wasn't 'normal'. I am v tired though, so probably shouldn't be thinking too much. I can imagine how hard a job in medicine must be, and I'm not blaming individuals, but it does make you worry about policy.

Anyway, have done my hospital visiting for the day (am deeply in love with this ward of rule-avoiders, who found a little room outside the ward for us to meet in for handover of goods, though maybe I should be feeling guilty about maybe circumventing the system, but meh, I can't bring myself to be). Am probably going to nap now.

On topic. I had 2 Border dark chocolate ginger biscuits for lunch, and am planning a Chinese delivery for my dinner, because I want tasty, comforting food that I don't have to cook (advance thanks to @Jay-cloth Cow for the recommendation I have been hoarding for a while).

• Heart

malolo

VIP Member
I've no idea what's going on but with regards to this thread being a bitching ground for the other thread... I don't even read the other thread so there goes that theory.

I am, however, happy to be in some sort of cool girl gang :cool:

• Haha
  • Heart
Lol apparently we are awful (cool?) people for posting publicly in another part of tattle 😅 - hardly the 'gotcha' you think it is, honey.

I have never received an unsolicited dick pic in all my years of internet dating - dunno what I'm doing right (wrong?) but sometimes I think I'm missing out gaining some feminist stripes or sth?? 🥴
omg I didn’t even see that - and genuinely wasn’t referring to it - as I skim long ones now because I’d have no chance with baby! She’s in her second leap and loves sitting on my lap and I don’t want a phone in front of her face so just check in when she’s asleep (often!). Not that anyone needs to know 🥴

How purposefully reductive tho there’s more discussion of dicks than the MT? Spoiler we also hate wank vids and love donuts? To be on topic got cockles w dinner tonight and cannot wait x

• Heart

Switchstreetz

VIP Member

Morning fraus, trying to muscle my way into the sock sector 😄 seeing a friend for a socially distanced outdoor walk today before lockdown starts, hope you're all having a nice day

• Heart
  • Haha

Flumps

VIP Member
@Veronicaaa and @Oofadoofa - I tend to get a craving for broccoli when my diet has been a bit shitty for a week or so. I assume it's my body yelling at me for something green and nutritious. Am a bit jealous of your pasta, pasta with broccoli, chilli, garlic and anchovies is one of my favourite dinners.

I woke up with a craving for good pizza though. I am all about the comforting carbs right now. Decided there must have been more improvements with MrF overnight as he used the word 'contretemps' in a text this morning. I'm just trying to get myself into a being busy frame of mind, but am so achy in my hands and knees and fuzzy headed that I'm struggling to get going.

#13 dicks and donuts
Hah. Love the thought that now you're just testing the boundaries. We got away with 'Willies and mash', will we get away with 'Dicks and donuts'?

• Haha
  • Heart
I'm making Lasagne for dinner, it's my daughters favourite & after 6 terrible months stuck with her twattish ex, she's finally got the keys to her new house today so we're having a little woo-hoo.
(I've left out the fish fingers, sausages etc & haven't so much as looked at a picture of Mister Ed).

However, when it's cooked I'll probably strip down to my undies & drape myself over the Furniture Village coffee table with a portion in a jelly mold clutched betwixt my grubby hands...they'll just have to wait to eat until I've uploaded to my SM.
Awww this is lovely!! 💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻 Enjoy, she’ll absolutely love that ❤

Btw after looking up how much 5 beds were after that incident I’m now followed around the web with property listings like THIS, a casual £18k a week arrangement, I make it worse cos I click them cos they’re all so gorge 😭

7505AFD1-F981-4439-98A3-D5D17D54C142.jpeg

Is this how Jack feels? I don’t really want to say anything now! ☹ Gonna eat some potatoes and if Jack tweets a literal mea culpa for her whole career they can screenshot it themselves. 🤷🏻‍♀️
long comment sorry but don’t, love your service to the coven and your quick one liners are fab. Ignore it, it was bigoted opinions being discussed and that’s that. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 25

colouredlines

VIP Member
As a teenager I worked Saturday mornings and would always go to Sayers (our local bakery in the city) and get a pasty and a custard donut for lunch and then sleep on the sofa all afternoon.

Huge thanks for the online dating advice. I think I am a bit naïve. I didnt date much before I got married so I am starting from scratch here! I do remember when my friends were OLD 10/15 years ago and men would say on their profile they were 6ft2 and turn up and be 5ft8 - there are many things you can lie about and get away with it but height isnt one of those things!

I usually have a morning grunka on the MT but not sure if I can face it given the comments above.
I've found fewer liars than I excepted. There was one guy who ended it after a month because "my girlfriend nearly caught me last night" 😳 In fact, that was my first Tinder experience...not very inspiring.

I also had a date with a guy who I'm 99% sure lied about his age. All his pics showed him as a brunette, he was nearly full grey in real life. Generally a terrible date, though. He told me his favourite musicians were Backstreet Boys and Michael Buble, I actually laughed out loud until I realised he was serious. He also said that all culture in the world comes from Europe (I am South African, and grew up between there and Asia).

After a while he said, essentially, "Well now we have to decide where we're going." Then that sentence that every woman wants to hear: "I can't be home too late or I'll wake my parents." Despite this classic panty-dropper, I did not go home with him.

• Haha
  • Wow

Alansbigplate

VIP Member
I just wanted to drop in to say something about the controversial discussions going on in the MT. I know I haven't contributed any of those negative posts but sometimes I press the like button without realising the full implications of the post in question until someone more emotionally intelligent explains it. There is a very nice diverse community here and I didn't want anyone to think I was complicit in my silence.

On the doughnuts topic: Morrisons are the ones. They did a bangin' gingerbread doughnut around Christmas the year before last and word on vegan IG is that they're coming back this year. Be prepared.
I don’t even know specific posting names I just feel like sometimes it’s a bad vibe generally and some poor politics. We all say things rashly and without thinking or using the ‘right’ words; don’t worry about that x

• Heart
Hear hear! He’s more senior because of the patriarchy - that’s all. Anyway, better too clever than thick as fuck!
omg I’m so glad you said this because I thought give over men get put in stations far above their ability all the fucking time, it’s a joke. Women take so many batterings especially after having a kid, you’re probably smarter my love don’t let that dissuade you!

men are disgusting these awful videos you poor things! I think where they’re so horny and sexual they think women respond to that too and it’s the opposite it’s horrifying!! I don’t think most men realise nice fresh bed linen is more ~seductive than a pic of their dick focused in on the eye - if they did John Lewis stocks would soar 😂

Not sure if I’m in a shit mood or what but the MT is pissing me off too! Gonna order those donuts fuck it x

• Heart
  • Haha

Oxford_Girl

Chatty Member
Sending the canal love and strength

Hopefully our gondolas will steer us all to calmer waters very very soon

in the meantime I am binging Bruce Springsteen and hoping the USA does the right thing

• Heart

colouredlines

VIP Member
I’m actually really glad you all mentioned the MT I thought I was being a bit awkward by finding something so off? I haven’t kept up as religiously as usual the last week or more and defo not engaged as it’s a bit.... strange?!
I really hate that with all the mad, legitimately ridiculous shit she does, people STILL poke their heads up to give variations of, "but how does a lesbian have a child?"

• Haha
  • Heart