Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

crystaleyesd

VIP Member
I don’t know what the app market is like now but there will undoubtedly be some better ones with higher quality men, I know our @crystaleyesd has been on a lockdown date so maybe she can advise? xx
Ooh don't look at me, I saw a window of non-lockdown opportunity, swiped a few times on Tinder, and lucked out that I didn't get a gargoyle. That D seems a long time ago now... 😬. But yes, work those numbers honey.

I have a few rules that may or may not work for others. Swipe left on: 1) Video profiles (don't fuckin make me watch your Big Brother audition mate); 2) Shirtless pics (reeeeeeally?); 3) On longer profiles where the guys are listing their fave books/movies to show how 'cultured' they are, if they don't mention any women creators (there are loads of these depressingly) it's a nope from me; 4) The phrases 'partner in crime', 'natural girl', 'drama free' :rolleyes: 5) Too many emojis - what are you, thirteen?

I quite like OKCupid for an app - there tends to be more interesting AHEMkinkierAHEM guys on there, if that's your bag.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 22

Silver Linings

VIP Member
I came on to release a frustrated scream about the MT but just going to try and transmit good vibes to our little coven. Maybe Jack has cast a spell on us. Love you all.

• Heart

Raker

VIP Member
How’s everyone feeling? X
I hate this virus, I hate the death and sickness, I hate the forcible separation from ill/elderly parents, I hate seeing what it’s doing to friends of mine who are single parents with no local support. It’s shit and it’s hard. Having said that, though, I’m much happier if we’re all in lockdown together than this piecemeal madness we’ve had for the last couple of weeks. As hard as it is, and I feel terrible for those with businesses being slowly strangled, at least people understand what they’re supposed to do. Although I don’t know if the whole “we’re all in this together” will feel quite the same in the long dark nights as it did in early summer ....

• Heart

Spoonfulofjam

You do the mash, do you do the willies mash!

Welcome to the new thread, named after one of the funnier iterations of sausage and mashed potatoes for your dinner/supper/tea.

Vegan sausages, meat sausages, vegetarian sausages, or even no sausage - this is a friendly place for one and all 🌭🌸

Found this gif a bit sexy. Am a bit worried about my brain and self. But it is a bit sexy, no?

• Haha

colouredlines

VIP Member
First post over here but after seeing those screenshots yesterday (Which seemed odd) and having a read through for myself.
I read that some of the 'gender' conversation was extremely upsetting to some.
In all honesty, I answered a question and tried to move it back to Jack as quickly as possible.
I'd like to offer my deepest apologies if I have offended a single person on here.
It sincerely was not my intention.
Sorry.
I love cooking, I love chatting about cooking, I love recipes, I love recipe books.
I hope you don't mind me lurking around here checking out your food.
Please don't beat yourself up, TUIT! You apologised many times on the MT when you really had no reason to - I think some people like to jump in with agendas every time they see a vaguely tangential post.

You always crack me up on the MT, feel free to stick around here!

• Heart

colouredlines

VIP Member
I have been trying to translate "solidarity, friends" into Old English to offer my support to all members of the cabal in England...sadly online translators are unable to cope with this lengthy, complex message.

💛 to you all!

• Heart
  • Haha
Thank you all so much. Sorry not to do individual thanks. I have got him back now. Not appendix, that was my guess too. I shan’t go into details for the sake of the poor man’s privacy, but v painful but not life threatening thing, follow up necessary and poss lifestyle changes. I feel very relieved, he feels terribly guilty for worrying me and bothering health people. Now he’s napping on the sofa next to me and I’m busy pretending that I have been FINE all along.
Thank you again. Sorry to go quiet after asking for support, but had to do work thing, then pick him up, then attempt to be nurse like.
awww love this is such good news, he shouldn’t feel guilty about using the NHS it’s literally there for us when we need them! He couldn’t be expected to live in agony til covid was over (2022?) ! Have a lovely weekend together and look after yourself too, baths and chocolate essential x

time to go back to sleep after a marathon night feed with the strongest baby in the world omg when they kick or stretch they’re like metal?! Nothing was stopping this bb from staring adoringly at her dad, a great use of our 2-4am hours 🥴

• Heart

Traazers

VIP Member
Can I ask for Fraus advice? I joined a dating app a few weeks ago (last date was over 20 years ago). I have been speaking to two blokes by text, just getting to know if we have anything in common. What is the social norm here? I feel weird even talking to two blokes at the same time as I am so old fashioned. If I meet one do I stop talking to the other?

I have since deleted the app as although I am in my mid 40's it turns out I attract all of the grandads!

I have made red dahl from Nisha Katona's Mowgli cookbook for tea. The restaurant is a fabulous place for vegan food and some now do a take away service.
The dating app scene has almost completely demolished 'courting' - it's normal to be speaking to and meeting multiple people at once, but obviously you don't have to do this if you're not comfortable with it. I'd suggest trying to arrange meeting them both for a drink (separately!) and going from there. You don't want to cut one off because you think you prefer the other and then have no chemistry in real life with the online-preferable man, if that makes sense.

This is my first post here, fraus. Guess where I came from? And hello to all!

They'll be talking to every woman they come across! Keep talking to both - people can get super flaky and disappear on you, or turn out to be assholes, so you don't want to put all your eggs in one basket.

ETA: I'm in my early 30s and signed up for one page where, despite making my age preference clear, I kept getting messages from men in their 50s. It's one good thing about Tinder, you only see people within your chosen age limits (I have noticed that most women set an age limit of a window of 6 years or so, while some guys I know have it essentially as 18 - dead)
Also very much this

• Heart

emmer_moans

VIP Member
I think I am putting 1 +1 together and getting 0, regarding the post... my eyes are tired from being on work laptop all day so think I have missed most of it.

Anyway, it’s Fridayyyyyyy which means more time to make a decent dinner as i have some time :). I think i will make a white wine risotto.

Hugs to the Fraus who need it ❤

• Heart

Flumps

VIP Member
@Begborrowsteal - it sounds like a brilliant opportunity for you, but absolutely with you on the 'change is scary' front. Do the second interview, see how you feel after, and after all, not a prison sentence, if you start it and it doesn't work for you, then you can always walk away. I suspect, though, if you go for it, you'll find it a way to regain a bit of yourself.

Thank you all so much for thinking of me and all the lovely supportive posts. He's gone very quiet again, but I am refusing to worry so much this time, because I get that he needs to rest and just drift, and it's not his job to support me right now, so am just getting on with things. Sorry, too tired to go back and check names, but for those who asked, yep, daughter is all the teenage at the moment, so I know it's to be expected, but I don't know, hit me in the gut I guess.

There were other things I wanted to comment on, but completely lost track of them all. Can I give general love to everyone instead please?

I've also just had a bowl of marmite pasta, you know, just to be on topic. A nutritional step up from biscuits at any rate.

• Heart

LavaFlake

VIP Member
Those look fit @colouredlines !!

Hope you have all had a ok Friday evening. I've been home alone, grumpy about Welsh lockdown, listening to Pink Floyd on vinyl and eating creme brulee. Rock and roll tbh 😂

Eta: also been more tempted to have a cig than I have been for a good few years since I quit... don't know what's got into me. Strange times I guess!

• Heart

emm

VIP Member
I have mentioned this on a dating thread here but the worst person I matched with on Tinder (luckily we added each other on FB) and spoke a lot there for a few weeks, turned out to be a conspiracy theorist and holocaust denier. We, of course, never went on a date.

• Wow
  • Haha

Cuileann

Chatty Member
You haven’t at all my love, honestly don’t worry. It’s an active thread and if you ask a relevant question you’ll get bombarded with answers because people are lovely and funny tbh, I think the mods are just keen to keep that thread on topic as it’s a huge one for tattle so they want lurkers or new members to be able to slot right in and chat about JM and OT bits might inhibit that? That’s the impression I’ve always got 🤷🏻‍♀️
I dont think you've done anything to upset anyone dear heart, it was more the transphobia/vague homophobia (a lesbian?? With a child??? In traaazers?!) that personally I was upset/uncomfortable about and im awful for remembering usernames but dont think you were involved in any of that. 💕
Thank you both ❤ I wasn't upset about the off topic posts being moved, just so worried that I'd broken the rules or annoyed people or whatever, so that is really reassuring.

And god no @ the transphobia, etc. Not nice.

Hope you're all alright.

• Heart

Dustye

The nickname chat 🥴

Tea last night was vegan shepherd's pie made by my other half. Was good but needed gravy (I would have veggie gravy with everything if I could).

Got a massive bag of spuds that need using up so I'm going to be bunging them in a curry/slinging them in a soup for freezing later.

Fraus I am so excited, I get to see my dear old da tomorrow after months and months! Have to meet outside in the cold but we're getting chips on the beach so he can watch Dustye Jnr run around and harass seagulls.

• Heart