Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

colouredlines

VIP Member
Covering all bases, I like that. But first, you have to knead your dough thoroughly to make sure you get a good rise, otherwise your drizzle will be a disappointment.

There is a charming Spanish phrase, mojar el churro which literally means "to wet the churro"...aren't languages beautiful?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22

Flumps

VIP Member
Thanks all. Managed some sleep, possibly not of the best quality. Am just running round now (well, not now, now I am having a moment and a coffee and a breather) and getting supplies together for him *looks askance at request for 'work laptop'*. Spoke to him earlier, he sounds ok, if v tired, and there seems to be a plan in place for what happens over the next few days. I will stop my hospital blether for a bit now.

Thank you all again. xxxxx

• Heart
Reactions: 22

kachoochoo

VIP Member
we've had a fancy tea chez KCC ce soir. scallops, butter, mozzarella and basil and Morrison's best garlic ciabatta

20201031_202200.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 21

Dustye

Faaaaackin' 'ell what is going on with the MT? Had a quick grunka while eating my afternoon satsuma and it's all gone a bit Suzanne Moore?!?

I know I sound like a stupid little snowflake but it's really upset me and made me feel all sick and horrible. There's a reason I refer to my partner as 'they.' Honestly I thought this corner of the internet was a place for a giggle with like-minded types but it's like a family meal with my UKIP aunt and uncle right now.

@Flumps hugs for you.

@Begborrowsteal let us know how it goes!

• Heart

TurnedUpInTipp

VIP Member
Yes. That's the bomb too. God, I miss Morrisons.

@TurnedUpInTipp - welcome, though please, where is your essay on doughnuts and what they mean to you?
Ahh.. See doughnuts are tricky for me..
If I bite in and get the full whack of jam in one hit, shite. Drop that bastard straight in the bin.
Then the opposite, eating and eating wondering where the fuck the jam is to end up with blob the size of a baby sneeze.
Nope, not for me.
The ring sticky fuckers? Won't even touch them, because, sticky.
I live in the arse end of nowhere and a shop that sells JUST doughnuts?
Well, I could probably go off on a full 'Uncle Bryn' about how amazing that is!

• Haha
  • Heart

Oxford_Girl

Chatty Member
Good night 💤🌙 darling canal

May your gondolas steer you to calmer waters and your dreams be sweet

Thank you for the friendship on here xx

• Heart
I second @Dustye suggestion of a sling @heretoreaditall2019. My second baby would not be left alone for a moment without completely losing her shit. I felt like I couldn’t do anything until I got a sling. My independence increased once she was around 6 months and we bought a second hand Circle of Neglect aka Jumperoo, which was amazing and let me finally do things without being attached to a baby.

Sorry for your shitty news @emm ❤

On topic... had a KFC boneless banquet for lunch after a woodland walk with the kids.
My IBS hated me for it. I wish I had the willpower to stop eating all my trigger foods but then I’d probably be left with nothing to eat. How can my body hate potatoes?!
which slings do you guys have please? I have the baby ktan the pre wrapped cloth one which she loved as a newborn, but our problem is she’s the size of an average 6 month old so she’s heaaavy. I was going to get the baby bjorn structured ones but have heard babies either love or hate them which has made me procrastinate actually purchasing one!

@EddieBeds so glad you got some sleep!! I love hearing your updates it’s so comforting tbh, and thank you re thumb I’m still traumatised 😫 funnily she’s absolutely fine with being left alone now thank god, she’ll fall asleep in her electronic swinger or lying down on sofa (I’m always next to her so she doesn’t roll), even at night. The first 5-ish weeks were legit torture where she wouldn’t though, and I’d have nightmares like yours where I was just constantly sleep deprived! Once you get solid blocks of sleep again that’ll stop, I’ve not had one in weeks.

omg could you imagine all these cute thread babies hanging out with each other 🥰 although when baby met another baby she was more interested in the ceiling than her fellow tiny being 😫

For dinner did the Miguel Smokey mackerel taco! Inspired by @Alansbigplate and sharing a pic, I added a guac I made myself after the pic cos otherwise it would have just been a green pic. Didn’t have spring onions so cut up some iceberg lettuce as a ~maverick~ watery crunch. Ngl just ate this with chips.

Attachments

• Heart
I don’t think this thread has any ongoing conversation to it that’s the great thing we all come and go passing the hen party table on the way to the loo 😂 your first paragraph - the world is such a hard place, whatever brings you joy you must look forward to
Agreed, the world won’t get any better for depriving yourself of the joy of parenthood. The only thing we can do is equip children with the skills & the will to make a difference with how the world is currently. It’s been depressing seeing what an absolute gulf there is between need & the welfare state, I hope people remember this and vote differently next GE but who knows. I don’t want to derail this thread.

Funnily this week found the fostering stuff quite triggering but didn’t want to go into details on that thread as it’s highly visible? I nearly came over here to share but thought I didn’t wanna kill the vibe (this isn’t a u ok hun x moment I promise 😂) and I’m glad I didn’t if people are print screening 🥴 I hope our discussion of post birth sheds isn’t sitting about someone’s screen shots folder 😂

• Heart

crystaleyesd

VIP Member
I came on to release a frustrated scream about the MT but just going to try and transmit good vibes to our little coven. Maybe Jack has cast a spell on us. Love you all.
Silver I'm fuming - MT has seemingly let in a trickle which is becoming a torrent of nasty, bigoted tory types in the past few weeks. Ugh ugh ugh.

• Heart

Into_the_tunnel

VIP Member
So.... after being up all night, the MT getting slightly too much for me and my addiction to chocolate buttons (giant) needing to end, I have decided that I need to spend more time here ☺.

You all seem so lovely, your food seems like it will be the best thing to encourage me to cook and well, I won’t be stomping around like a hairy little minx.

@Flumps, I hope Mr Flumps is on the mend. Not being able to be with loved ones in their time of need is just one of the things the last few months has thrown at us. 😞

Tonight is cauliflower cheese (with VEGAN cheese sauce). No pics because, well we all know what cauli cheese tends to look like. And it is not photogenic.

ETA I apologise for not catching up through all the threads, only the current one....

• Heart

Oxford_Girl

Chatty Member
So directly because of Marcus I have set up a monthly direct debit to Fareshare

Today I baked cinnamon buns and it made me realise my privilege that I can do that and that we always have food in the cupboard

• Heart

Pixieboots

Chatty Member
A few posters not getting the memo that JM's gender stuff is brought up because she made a hash of the whole thing, not because trans/NB people aren't valid. It's really disappointing.

• Heart

Silver Linings

VIP Member
Rumours of a month long lockdown has me a bit 🤯 every so often, its just a huge reminder that this is real life now!
Yes, me too. I’m glad Jack made horrible eggs to distract us all. I don’t have the brain space for it tonight. Freak out booked in for tomorrow morning. I know it gets said all the time but imagine showing our 2019 selves the front of today’s papers and we’re all just 🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏽‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏿‍♀️🤷🏾‍♀️🤷‍♀️

Side note, dating fraus. Would you eat eggs on a romantic meet up?! You just wouldn’t, would you? So strange.

I discovered recently, my daughter has somewhat of a crush on Alan Davies! We watch rather a lot of QI now 😂
Apparently his book that was released recently was excellent, sad though. I’d heard he wasn’t very nice in real life which I always hoped wasn’t true. The QI ep where they’re ripping into Stephen Fry when he talks about his tailor was just classic tv.

• Heart

Silver Linings

VIP Member
The MT.
Christ, fraus.

On topic. I got some reduced vivera shawarma(sp?) the other day and it was so lovely. I didn’t do what you’re probably supposed to do with it, but in a sandwich it was 😋.

• Heart
  • Haha