Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

emm

VIP Member
omg my love there is nothing to fear! I went back to work after & went out for a Nando's (hot) that night.
are you not in agony with them impacted at the mo?! This was before my big cancer scare & c section obvs so my first foray into medical things so at this point was not a hardened old boot, but honestly it was absolutely fine they were both top ones too! The worst bit BY FAR was the anxiety beforehand and sweating non stop thinking it was going to be like a horror movie. I was under local, quite enjoyed those injections tbh, and all they do is use like this metal rod to move the tooth back/forth and then it pops out. The noise and the thought of what is happening is a bit bleak if you think about it? Mine actually popped into my mouth so I jolted up for fear of choking and she was like NO NO NO as I think that can cause bleeding. You then sit there with the weird cotton wool thing in your mouth for a bit, do the mouth wash which is impossible as you just dribble it all out, and you're done! I don't understand how some people end up under general, I think that's if there's something to do with the actual jaw bone itself? Or a preference maybe as apparently anaesthetic isn't as risky these days?!

@Mustard Yes I think loads of celebs have been, and they do influencer collabs which freaks me out a bit more. But influencers promote klarna and those other schemes so not surprised, just shit that this stuff is always targeted at women isn't it!
no they are not impacted now but will be when they grow in more (is what I have been told) as there is literally no space. I had to skip the rest of that message as it terrified me way too much, I HATE dentists

• Heart
Reactions: 8

Universal

Chatty Member
Just caught up - @EddieBeds hope you got some sleep? You’re not being unreasonable or anything bad, sleep deprivation is legit torture it makes you think crazy things and feel like the end is nigh / you will never sleep again. It drives you insane, also at night you don’t even get the deep proper sleep as any baby stir you jolt up so you need that time. Please tell us you got your sleep? Also you’re doing a fantastic job, I have no idea how parents of multiple children do it. ❤

Husband may be going away (up north, funnily!) for an event thing & feel confident I’ll be okay, but it is scary?! Gonna get microwave meals cos I don’t like leaving baby by herself for very long but I never find them v filling even though the traffic light system on them is always like RED RED RED and then an orange for sugar 😫
When I was on my own and the kids were young I would have batch cooked homemade chilli and bolognaise in the freezer so I just had to heat and cook the pasta or rice. Id have penne pasta as I knew I could eat that with one hand if I had the baby in the other. I was (and still am) a bit rubbish at eating well during the day and would have too many cups of tea and then realise I was so hungry and just have toast to fill the gap. Now I try to have a couple of those nice fresh soups and tend to put them in a cup and drink them - also easier than in a bowl with a baby on your knee!

• Heart

emm

VIP Member
I love making bread but don't have a bread maker, I just do it the old fashioned way (and pretend I'm on bake off by camping out in front of the oven).
hopefully without the dramatic bake off disasters :LOL:. I went though a phase when I was younger (and lived with my parents who had a dishwasher) of cooking everything as if i was on a cooking show, every ingredient in its own little dish. needless to say now, as I have no dishwasher and despise washing up, that phase has ended :LOL:

I had a small Lakeland one that I ended up selling because it took up precious cupboard space that we’re already very short of, and I hardly ever used it. I didn’t rate the loaf that came out of it and you always end up with a hole in the middle from the paddle. I prefer making it the old fashioned way when I can be arsed. If you have a stand mixer with a dough hook then you can use that for kneading (which is the bit I hate!)
ahh good idea!

emm

VIP Member
OT but I (impulsively) bought something called THIS isn't chicken in waitrose yday, obv a veggie chicken substitute just out of curiosity. Anyone else used it? any advice?

• Heart

Universal

Chatty Member
Grunka-ing but just fallen into a Disco Caulflower stupor. This looks incredible —I would actually buy a deep fat fryer for this specific thing 😍😍
They are doing take away at the moment so I might get this delivered later. Its honestly the most gorgeous thing ever with the roasted flavour and the texture of the nuts.

• Heart

Universal

Chatty Member
Ah lads, I need to sound off and let the anxiety and racey head clear. I have my second interview today, to meet the other women on the team & see if we gel. The job is a 2yr apprenticeship so long term, its a great opportunity. I'm having proper second thoughts. Its a huge change. Im not sure I should have thrown myself at something full time after being a SAHM for 5 years. I'm thinking I should have stayed with part-time roles. Ive seen a couple jobs with better timings, that would allow me to get the kids in the afternoon and still do homework/dinner with them. 😬 The OH is now unemployed (enough payout to cover us for 4/5 months if needed to), so I also feel more pressure to just go for anything. Ideally, itd be him FT and me PT.. but thats life innit. 🤯🤯🤯
Good luck. Being a SAHM is a full time job so this is no different. Maybe this is an opportunity for your partner to go part time and do the pick ups? Once you are in the role if its too much maybe ask to drop a day - you have the right to ask for flexible working. I work full time and when I was office based I negotiated working from home two days so I could do drop off and collection. After two years of this experience maybe go part time? Fingers crossed x

• Heart

Harrybosch

VIP Member
Hahaha! If I bite and I get 'Jam Jizzed' I flip!
Usually, because of lockdown and rarely leaving the house, whatever I have on will be clean and I could have got another day out of it!
I can recommend vego and ichoc vegan chocolate. I'm not a huge dark chocolate fan, so when I need a milk chocolate hit, I usually go for vego. It's expensive but delicious.

emmer_moans

VIP Member
Without wishing to be triangulated I grew up on a rough council estate with a sister who decided to be vegetarian and then vegan in the 1980s. Looking back my mum had to be really inventive but we always had an alternative non-meat meal option in the house. I grew up thinking this was totally normal, while I remember other kids coming to our house thinking we were an odd family! Going to restaurants wasn't a 'thing' then but when we got older and started eating out in (probably the early 2000s) it was so hard. I remember going out for a family birthday to a nice restaurant and the waiter calling my sister a rabbit as the only thing on the menu she could eat was a salad!
In the past few years there have been some amazing vegetarian and vegan restaurants opening and its been great to go out as a family and not think twice about accommodating everyone. I've not thought about this for a while but this thread reminded me today of how far we have come in how people can talk about food and diet without being judged or have to explain themselves and its a huge leap.

Is it safe to go to the MT?
I have allergies and the menus have got much better at listing ingredients too.

Toffee finger

VIP Member
I can say with great pride that I do know how to change the clock on my oven. In other news, had anyone tried these? I have tried the spiced buns and they aren’t bad but am looking forward to trying the lemon curd ones.
Yes! I love the iced and spiced ones. Lemon were good too but spiced are my favourites. They have other flavours too like apple and raspberry but they don’t seem to be available all the time.

Captainmouse

VIP Member
A flash of lightning briefly startles a solitary figure in her shitty bungalow. Accidentally conquering her fears, she returns to the task at hand. With no lightbulbs in the house, the room is lit solely by Jack monroe's thirty three phones, each logged into a different new look account.

She's done it.

Finally, she has taken her revenge against that cohort of mithering mavens.

You don't, the oven sets the time and you wait for the universe to bend to its will again in the summer.😄
😱 you mean mackie stole all the socks? So the ninny’s could not co-ordinate? I’m shooketh I tell you

• Haha

emmer_moans

VIP Member
My youngest had an EXTRA tooth growing in the roof of his mouth behind his front tooth. He had to have it taken out under general 😱 and they also found another one, lying horizontal to the roof of his mouth. Both just extra teeth 😂
Now I have an image of adult teeth punching through from their hiding place.... Grim! I need to go to sleep, clearly.

• Haha
  • Sick
Fireworks have been going off where I live for the past few weeks. Some have gone off this morning in the rain😲
I have a very anxious dog and he goes loopy every time one goes off, sets the other dog off barking as well☹

• Sad

emm

VIP Member
No! I really want to try that now though. The only question is whether to wait for the nice weather or not....

Yes!! I knew there’d be other cultured fraus who had heard of this! It really isn’t as bad as it sounds! (Haha, talk about dammed with faint praise!)
It is insane how well it matches, I was skeptical the first time someone (Spanish, obv) made it for me but wow!

• Heart

Pocahontas

VIP Member
So close but sadly no chicken livers for you today Poca, try further north!
Ohhh Hartlepool?
Holding out for these chicken livers (no, no I’m not, I have no desire for them at all.)
Hope your ouchy eye is ok

malolo

VIP Member
Does anyone have any good recommendations for vegetarian mince that don't involve grating a mushroom? I usually use quorn but its really been upsetting my stomach of late (although maybe that's just the mushroom soup 👀).
I haven't tried the mince but I like the things I've tried from the Plant Pioneer range Sainsbury's do.

• Heart