Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Cookiecookie

VIP Member
I think we've only ever had one oven with a clock, and it definitely wasn't ever changed! There was also a dishwasher in that house we were too scared to use 😂

Just making some chilli for tea, which we'll have with wraps and salad. My project for next week is to try and bug proof the food cupboard, as the little fuckers had got in my spices again 😡 Thankfully it was pre seasoned mince, but it's such a waste to keep throwing things out.

• Wow
Reactions: 8

Oxford_Girl

Chatty Member
Vegan chili
Pulled Oumph as featured on SKL yesterday on offer at Tesco if you have a club card
Add sweet chilli sauce to baked beans or veg Worcestershire sauce

• Heart

Begborrowsteal

VIP Member
Thayer’s Witch Hazel alcohol free toner is good. I got mine from Ebay.
Love a bit of witch hazel, thank you!

Edit: HOPE (not hole) the fraus and loved ones are all well this evening

@Flumps hope you and Mr Flumps are doing ok today

@Begborrowsteal im useless with skin (*accidental creepy sentence*).

If you use a harsh cleanser/exfoliator without moisturiser then your skin can start to up oil production to try and 'save you' from your skin drying out, so be careful if you use anything like that to try and combat oiliness, try and use a lightweight moisturiser after cleansing, and like with hair, give your skin some time to adapt to a changing routine - may take a week or two to rebalance.

With hair only advice i can give is to condition only the middle to ends of your hair not the scalp, and don't shampoo every day (same principle, if you strip oils out of hair scalp will try to rebalance) use dry shampoo on your 'off day' instead see if that helps (assuming of course that you're not already doing that)

Annoyingly, everyone's skin and hair is a bit unique so one routine won't fit all. Hope you find the skincare/haircare that works for you! (I have the opposite problem - dry skin - which i appreciate is a lot easier cause i know the answer is just "slap a load of moisture on and stop forgetting to use night cream you pillock")
Ive been using Simple moisturising face wash actually, only thing different ive used. Always figured they were gentle but maybe its that? Its weird. It hasnt been oily in years. With hair, id leave it a good 4 or 5 days between washes now and rarely condition it 👀 always had hair that gets greasy at the roots but again, recently its cranked up a bit

Oxford_Girl

Chatty Member
The trouble with bread makers imo is they are bluddy huge even the so called compact ones

We have a Panosonic compact one but I only do a standard 500g white loaf in it

We have a very small kitchen so it lives in the under stairs cupboard between uses it’s place on the work surface having been usurped by a coffee machine

It is dead easy to use and makes a nice loaf

Universal

Chatty Member
Sorry for being a Smeg_gie downer but really sad rock on Tommys died (Bobby Ball) Fellow 1970s 🔺 Frauen and herren will understand. Stay safe out there cabal. Sending love Xxxx
Its like a little bit of your childhood had died. I remember seeing him in pantomime in the 70s. Very sad.

• Heart
  • Sad

Veronicaaa

VIP Member
Have you tried a dap diffuser? 🐶
I haven't! I'd heard it didn't make much of a difference but I might give it a go anyway. I've tried calming pills in the past but they didn't help in the slightest, this year my vet said we could give him really high strength ones but I've not taken them up on that yet, don't really want a pure doped up dog although it might be preferable to this.

Veronicaaa

VIP Member
Finally caught up! Did anyone watch the new Unsolved Mysteries on Netflix?
The first ep is about a man who was found dead and he had worked for the american gov before so he was a big deal. Aaaanyhoo, the doc seemed really vague and hand wavy so I googled it, as you do, and they’d missed out loads of really important points and evidence. Why bother choose a subject for a programme and present it all superior if you know in today’s day and age you’ll get pulled up on it. Profits, I know, but just seemed particularly off when it’s real people. Every style of documentary now is a rip off of Making a Murderer and Serial now anyway.
I've watched the first few and yes, this is the problem I had with the first series - what Unsolved Mysteries seem to be doing in whetting peoples' appetites for the 'story' so that they then go on to reddit / whatever to find out more. This can be really bad because it leads viewers to peoples social media and it's kind of like Chinese whispers though it can have real life consequences, with viewers taking it upon themselves to troll / point fingers etc. I'm amazed it didn't get sued or anything for stuff that was put out in the first series. Having said that, the second series - from what I've seen so far - seems to be focussing more on missing people (eg there's an ep about kids who were kidnapped as children and artists impressions of what they might look like now) which might possibly have a more beneficial real life impact. Depressing stuff though.

• Heart

Pixieboots

Chatty Member
This is for a 170g packet of sage and onion or parsley and thyme. Take 8oz of chopped onions, add them to a pan, add the amount of water stated on the packet, bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Add the stuffing mix and a good knob of butter (around 1oz). Put in a buttered baking dish, add a few small flecks of butter on top. Bake according to packet instructions. The onions stop the stuffing being too stodgy. I may be overwhelmed by nostalgia though but have done it this way since.
This is how my nan has always done it too!

veryfondoftea

VIP Member
I’d like to add my tuppence with regards to baby carriers - I used a connecta and it was wonderful

• Heart

emm

VIP Member
The trouble with bread makers imo is they are bluddy huge even the so called compact ones

We have a Panosonic compact one but I only do a standard 500g white loaf in it

We have a very small kitchen so it lives in the under stairs cupboard between uses it’s place on the work surface having been usurped by a coffee machine

It is dead easy to use and makes a nice loaf
Yeah this was my thinking, but ooh that sounds good, I have a storage cupboard I could keep it in too and ther's only 2 of us so that would really be enough, thanks!

Reactions: 7

Pocahontas

VIP Member
Oh let us know when you've watched it! it's hilarious and heartwarming and i wish i'd saved it for this crappy month of lockdown we have coming up

@Ellabella have heard a few people recommend that show, will def check it out!

Had my sister round for dinner last night, made a pork and fennel ragu with a side of sautéed kale and garlicky breadcrumbs. Then we drank 3 bottles of wine and stayed up till 11 watching old Goosebumps episodes with my 10 year old. did anyone know that the actor in Say Cheese and Die was ryan gosling?!
I did not know that, Blurst.
I’ll compare notes when I’ve watched Pen15!

NP

VIP Member
@Dustye & @EddieBeds thank you for sling library recs, we do have one but I’d assumed it would only cover those proper hippy cloth long wraps? We have the same huge size disparity issue, I’m not against buying two but will wait for when we can go out and about more as there’s no point now with the country on cusp of second lock down 😫

Eddie - week 6 is hell but transformative! In that week I was like omg the only way to survive this is truly one day at a time, witching hour was hell on earth, her sleep was awful, but after that I was like omg who is this independent little woman, she felt like a new grown up baby! We’re on our second leap at week 11/12 and it’s similar, lord help us 😫

Off out today into mainstream society to go bathroom shopping with my plumber! It was really bizarre getting quotes cos it was filled with traaazers on a bird moments, one bloke wanted to come back to speak to my husband about it all 🥴 Will share anything interesting from my ventures, like a shit @crystaleyesd x
I used the Chicco Easyfit carrier which is a structured carrier and really easy to put on. Pops over your head then just tighten. Mr NP had a fancy cloth wrap thing that I couldn’t get on with.

• Heart

Mustard

VIP Member
I can imagine who owns this one, think everyone knew girls with store card horror stories from that specific shop, because they used to pitch it as a discount! If it happened today would like to think there would be some intervention, it was bad of em. Btw this is by no means shaming anyone for using any of these things as I know they’re useful, but don’t agree with the deception!!

@Mustard you make me yearn for the olden days when I could get the tube 😂 is it busy there / business as usual?!
I went last Tuesday as I was in the area but it was very, very quiet and not all the stalls were open. I did get some tasty treats from the BreadAhead stall. 😋

Ooh thanks for the recommendation! Bloody love bread and bloody love borough market - though last time I went I embarrassed Mr Cow as I cried when I saw the rabbits strung up ready to be deskinned. I am a hypocritical frau as I eat meat but hate the thought of it being dead animal as I LOVE animals. I am one of those who prefers to think of meat as being what you get from the supermarket and nothing before. Ugh just typing that made me annoyed at myself!
Karaway are also at some other markets. They have an Instagram account.

• Heart

Jay-cloth Cow

VIP Member
I absolutely know this isn't what I should be focusing on right now, but my mind kind of drifts back to it when I stop doing stuff, and I can't even imagine where we'd have been right now if we hadn't trusted ourselves that this wasn't 'normal'. I am v tired though, so probably shouldn't be thinking too much. I can imagine how hard a job in medicine must be, and I'm not blaming individuals, but it does make you worry about policy.

Anyway, have done my hospital visiting for the day (am deeply in love with this ward of rule-avoiders, who found a little room outside the ward for us to meet in for handover of goods, though maybe I should be feeling guilty about maybe circumventing the system, but meh, I can't bring myself to be). Am probably going to nap now.

On topic. I had 2 Border dark chocolate ginger biscuits for lunch, and am planning a Chinese delivery for my dinner, because I want tasty, comforting food that I don't have to cook (advance thanks to @Jay-cloth Cow for the recommendation I have been hoarding for a while).
I hope you enjoy it - best one in the area in my humble opinion!

• Heart

Pocahontas

VIP Member
i love Broad City!

Mr Blurst and I also just watched two seasons of a show called Pen15 which is two 30 year olds acting as their 13 year old selves around actual child actors's and it might be the greatest show i've ever seen in my whole life. especially for anyone who was a teenager in the early 2000s!

Oh I think cool kat @crystaleyesd has mentioned this show to me before. It’s on my to be watched list!

• Heart

emmer_moans

VIP Member
unfortunately I fell off the chocolate button wagon last night after my parents decided that they no longer wanted to meet in a random service station car park in the middle of the country as it was too risky. They are in the vaccine trial and my dad is still recovering from being knocked off his bike and I haven’t seen them since the beginning of February. Needless to say I am heartbroken. Curry has gone in the freezer. Kale potatoes tonight.
Aww sorry to hear - would they meet you in a quiet park on a weekday while walking spaced out or are your parents planning on remaining inside? So far I’ve only managed distances walks in the park with mine.

My interesting (not) breakfast was a bowl of porridge plus sultanas.
Our recycling has changed and we now have to separate it into 4 categories. Last week it was left because it was incorrectly sorted. This week I went through it all, constantly referring to the handbook (never wanted to be a bin man).
Door knocked this morning, bin man telling me the rubbish was wrong, apparently if you can squash something it’s not recyclable 🤪.
We’re given 45 minutes to re-sort the rubbish. Was on the street with a coat over my dressing gown, in my slippers in the rain going through the bins🤬.
Don’t know yet if it’s passed the test.
Feel much better after my rant👍
Ugh that sounds like such a faff! I'm lucky i just have a green bin and shove it all in there whereas my colleague who lives in a neighbouring borough has like 4 different bags and boxes. Madness. My in laws only just got issued a black bin last year, before that they were still only using refuse sacks which the foxes kept ripping.

Last edited:
  • Heart