Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

lilamay

VIP Member
Red shoes laces:love: though I read some where that having red shoe laces meant you were a.... Murderer!!!!!

.... Or something??? 🤔🤨
Ah that's fitting as I think he put them in for the Halloween episode!

I can recommend vego and ichoc vegan chocolate. I'm not a huge dark chocolate fan, so when I need a milk chocolate hit, I usually go for vego. It's expensive but delicious.
Have you tried Vego spread? 😍

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 7

Universal

Chatty Member
Mine clearly joined it to last night - my partner ended up sleeping on the floor (or camping out as the toddler calls it) as I was feeding the baby. Clocks going back didn’t help! Though I did remember to change the Gro clock before he went to bed (took a few attempts as the instructions are long gone) so he at least stayed in his room, just used my partner as an assault course/target practice.

Love the idea of Toddle.Life and toddlers plotting how to piss off their parents with thread titles such as ‘what unidentifiable material shall I tread into the carpet today’ 😂.

Oh @heretoreaditall2019 I’d forgotten about The Bridge - is it worth a watch? I keep seeing ads for a celeb show on ITV with Freddie Flintoff - not sure what they have to do but looks a bit survival esq and think it could be so bad it’s good? No idea when it starts and I may have misunderstood it completely from the ad!

@Flumps glad your partner is feeling better.

ETA: Thank you @Readingismyhobby

My first world problem this morning is that my other half was meant to take the boys for a couple of hours to allow me to bank some sleep. But he never effing listens properly (his brain is too busy thinking of the next thing) so by the time I’d had to explain some really basic things (about 3 times as he just doesn’t listen properly - even though we’d had a conversation last night) and he noisily banged about getting washed and dressed I was then wide awake with no chance of falling back asleep. Because I’m tired/hormonal just found it irrationally frustrating and have ended up taking the baby back for a feed. Though I’m sulking in bed with the tv on which then gives me the mum guilt for the toddler - who is actually quite happy downstairs bossing my partner back.

I think what really pissed me off is he was given the opportunity to have a lay in/‘time off’ yesterday as my mum was here and I was up early to get my flu jab (in itself hilarious - our surgery had a clinic on and I was the youngest by like 50 years easily but those OAPs can move at speed when there is a queue to join!) so we went for breakfast after and then to the supermarket with the boys while he got to sleep in etc undisturbed for several hours. I didn’t think it was too much to ask for two hours to sleep. Sorry I realise I’m being an irrational privileged twunt and it’s a first world problem but need to rant it out!
No you are not! These things are important and as you say he got some time to himself yesterday. Those extra few hours are precious. Any chance of him taking them to the park later for you to have a nap? I am sure my ex used to deliberately misunderstand me at times and it would drive me crazy.

• Heart

emm

VIP Member
omg I *asked* for the second wisdom tooth to get removed - only one had impacted but it was so easy and painless I just thought I've spent the last few days sweating profusely in fear so may as well get them both out now! Also ngl did think buy one get one free 👀

I just bought something off Very, I've always been really wary because I know someone who ended up getting a £200 bill for a £30 dress years ago?! I've worked with ppl who've come out of their huge data dept and heard they make more on interest than they do on product so it's just always seemed a bit of a scary place to me. Anyway checking out - firstly their website is fucking amazingly done from an eComm PoV, but the checkout is SO cheeky all the ~website cues~ like big green buttons etc lead you towards the credit option, so if you're skimming through check out (especially likely if you're a busy mum which feels like a huge part of their demog?) you could easily end up taking out credit accidentally?! It's really fucking bad of them, but I didn't have a choice to go elsewhere for this item!! Don't know why I'm sharing this just shocked, the shameless bastards!
did they do the impacted one in local or general anasthetic (sorry to everyone who hates the teeth stories) my top ones both are and i am terrified.
About the Very thing, that is crazy, how are things like this not illegal?!

• Heart

emm

VIP Member
Today I was a domestic goddess and we had home made soup for lunch with home made bread The bread was done in the bread maker. Can recommend BBC GoodFood spiced carrot and lentil soup even OxfordBoy who doesn’t eat lentils liked it
That sounds literally amazing, random question, but how many people have bread makers and is it worth it? I already have a rice maker I don't use, but to be fair I rarely eat rice but love bread.. but have people found they buy it and make use of it or not? (I have limited kitchen storage so this is important! (and if so recommendations of brands)

Mustard

VIP Member
I spotted these the other day and wondered if they were any good. I think they also do a falafel mix too that I'd like to try. Thanks for the ideas, getting a bit stuck in a rut food-wise at the moment so these are really helpful.
I think it’s only £1, so deffo worth a try. I’ve made chilli and sloppy joes with it.

emm

VIP Member
View attachment 295837

Lunch is a tuna steak with soy, honey & orange dressing on sweet potato mash. I added spinach because the plate looked a bit empty, and coriander to deter any nearby Monroes.

I have enough mash for tomorrow's packed lunch (probably with beef). I should really do some batch cooking for the week ahead, but it may take a little motivation...
ooh what is the dressing recipe? this looks amazing

blurstoftimes

VIP Member
I don’t have my wisdom teeth through and have been veggie for 20 yrs. Anthropologists and doctors say we will stop forming them soon as we don’t need them. It’s fascinating.
[/QUOTE]

I don't have any wisdom teeth either! Neither did my dad. He said he was one step more evolved ;)

My sister's boyfriend's baby teeth never fell out naturally so he had to have them all individually pulled out when he was 18!!! When my 10 year old started loosing her teeth I was surprised by how much it disturbed me and grossed me out but now when I look at photos her and her friends looked soooo cute with their little missing front teeth!

• Wow
  • Heart

kachoochoo

VIP Member
Hahaha Morpeth is soooo FANCY, we pop up there occasionally to wander around the JoJo Maman Bebe and explain to our child what his life could have been like if he'd been born to a better class of parent. Have to fight the posh nans for the nice knickers in the M&S there (they always win).
I know I've only passed through morpeth a few times many years ago but omg, I can't imagine this!

• Haha

Begborrowsteal

VIP Member
Awww this is lovely!! 💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻 Enjoy, she’ll absolutely love that ❤

Btw after looking up how much 5 beds were after that incident I’m now followed around the web with property listings like THIS, a casual £18k a week arrangement, I make it worse cos I click them cos they’re all so gorge 😭

View attachment 293943

long comment sorry but don’t, love your service to the coven and your quick one liners are fab. Ignore it, it was bigoted opinions being discussed and that’s that. ❤
I love these houses, and all round Maida Vale

• Heart

VIP Member
@Flumps, I understand you don't want to share your partner's diagnosis. Am not speculating and am only posting it as it may help others and may be far away from your situation.

My son was hospitalised a couple of months due to high temperature and severe abdominal pain. His diagnosis was a common bowel condition, diverticulitis.

He was just given the advice to eat more fibre. When he got home after whatever he had to eat he was in agony. We checked Dr Google and he went on a clear fluid diet for a few days (just water, apple juice and clear broth). After that added scrambled eggs, custard and other low fibre things. After a few more days he was able to introduce normal food gradually and it now eating healthily and with more fibre. He also takes a good quality probiotic capsule and multivitamin.

Touch wood he has had no further flare ups and has taken it a a wake up call. He is also eating far more of the food I prepare rather than coming home with a pizza or fried chicken!
This is useful, I have diverticulitis myself and I've had serveral flare ups, in fact I'm having one now, I haven't gone down the probiotic route yet.

• Heart
Reactions: 6