Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Pocahontas

VIP Member

This way for a new thread. I’m excited.

• Heart
Reactions: 9

Eurgh

VIP Member
Morrison’s own frozen vegan mince is nice. Didn’t know LM did one so will look out for it!

• Heart

Dustye

YES.
It’s so good, isn’t it? Makes me wish I was a sassy New York Jewess (Sincerely hoping this isn’t inappropriate to say) ❤
You can be an honorary sassy Whitley Bay Jewess 🔺🔺🔺 I like to think of myself as an Illana, but in reality I'm probably just a Bevvers.

• Heart
Also, sorry for going on, how long is it reasonable to wait before I ring the A&E dept to ask what is happening to him? I messaged him an hour ago and have heard nothing from him and he's not read the message. Last time he kept me up to date, but I guess he's too out of it now to do that, but I know I can't go bothering the busy people too soon. Oh man, I appear to be in a mess tonight.

Oh, I will have to look at The Bridge. I watched an episode of The Bidding Room earlier for the first time and was *fascinated*. I think we probs have v similar taste in easy to watch TV.
It’s difficult to say, isn’t their own target within 6 hours, so unfortunately probably at least that? Then again with covid he’ll probably get seen quicker, it’s an impossible question. Maybe try 3 hours as a midway point? He may end up on a ward and I’m not sure if A&E know that info so try to get through to surgical assessment as that’s where they took me when I went in through A&E, then got put into ob gyn so for him whatever the tummy department is called if he’s not in SA? I’m so sorry this is happening though, especially during covid :(

I love light hearted TV! Made in Chelsea is also actually okay this season too. Also Molly Mae’s YouTube vlog isn’t that bad. I also watch this weird Texan oil wife & entrepreneur’s YT channel she’s called Theresa Roehmer and has the worlds biggest closet, she’s kind of ghastly but I’m endlessly fascinated?? And IKEA furniture upcycling hacks on YouTube too, there’s this nice calming American boy called Lone Fox. I don’t make any of it but he’s just so pleasant?

• Heart

Begborrowsteal

VIP Member
Ooh thanks for the recommendation! Bloody love bread and bloody love borough market - though last time I went I embarrassed Mr Cow as I cried when I saw the rabbits strung up ready to be deskinned. I am a hypocritical frau as I eat meat but hate the thought of it being dead animal as I LOVE animals. I am one of those who prefers to think of meat as being what you get from the supermarket and nothing before. Ugh just typing that made me annoyed at myself!
Im the same 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Heart

Marj24

VIP Member
Ok, all sensible fraus should be in bed by now, but I am going to do an update because I am too wired to sleep for a little bit. I have just got back from the hospital after delivering my bag of PJs and phone chargers. The bloody *lovely* nurses let me in to the ward and because he is in a room by himself, they let me spend some time with him. Shhh... don't tell the rule people.

While I was there, the doctor came back with scan results. I think @heretoreaditall2019 had appendicitis in the unofficial 'What's up with MrF sweepstake'. Except, it's not appendicitis any more, more a great big explosion of horribleness and abscesses and infections. It had probably already burst on Friday (or that was imminent), when we first went to A&E, so I am just going to sit on that for a while or it will make me cross. But now he's on all the IV antibiotics, they've rehydrated him (so dehydrated his kidneys were starting to suffer) and they will be keeping him in for a while, while all that does its job. I am relieved, horrified and a bit shakey. He looks 100x better already, I think because they've already given him nearly 2l of fluid since he's been in, and it is just so good to hear him talking and being more him. I didn't know how scared I was until I stopped being quite so scared and I am not going to think about what might have happened if I hadn't made him ring his GP this morning and if she hadn't sent us back to hospital. Doctor we saw was super cheerful and chatty so I think she thinks they have it all under control, but omg.
Hope your partner is doing well, know too well the gut wrenching worry of a loved one in hospital 💗

• Heart

Dustye

@Flumps hoping you've had some rest. Remember to let all normal sleep and eating habits go out the window if they need to when you're stressed. Try intuitive eating, and take lots of dinosaur naps whenever you can.

I echo what @EddieBeds says about sling libraries, they're fab. I'm quite slight and my other half is much broader so we had quite a faff finding the right one until the nice sling library lady helped us out. Our local one is still operating but appointment only I think, and offer advice, videos etc through Facebook. They also sell loads second hand. @heretoreaditall2019 not sure which area you're in but might be worth a look, see if you can try a few different ones?

• Heart

Mustard

VIP Member
If anyone goes to Borough Market, I can recommend the bread at Karaway Bakery. I think they are there from Thursday to Saturday. Very East European loaves. They also supply to Ocado.

• Heart

Into_the_tunnel

VIP Member
Love Whitley Bay.... tbh a lot of areas up here are unrecognisable from the time I moved across the Pennines (20 years ago).

In terms of potato toppings, we go for bolognese (I find the Tesco vegan mince the nicest 😋) and I tried a weird thing with kale where I mixed the cooked potato with grated violife and cooked kale and put back in the shells, topped with more cheese and rebaked.

• Heart

spirals

This is so horrific, I remember reading accounts by doctors in Italy earlier this year when the virus was at its worst there and the accounts are harrowing, I can only imagine the after effects on the MH of these health care workers
Indeed, and the government here are refusing to implement a national lockdown.

• Angry
  • Wow

malolo

VIP Member
We have suddenly got this stuff called Moo Goo in the house.
LOTS of it and if I'm perfectly honest I have this almost overwhelming urge to taste it.
Don't look at me like that...
Only god can judge me!
Dread to think what a Google of moo goo would come back with...

• Haha
Reactions: 8

Mustard

VIP Member
Yes!!! Was nodding along to all of this, but all of this yes!! Also it’s difficult for me to not strongly correlate my self worth or success with my levels of productivity, it’s not kind though is it.

Also I bought some tinned mackerel to do those Miguel tacos again as it’s sooo much cheaper than fresh, it’s alright isn’t it? It’s not one of those things where it’s a third of the price cos it’s fucking savage is it? Like tinned mushrooms 🤮
Ooh, can you post the recipe?

• Heart

kachoochoo

VIP Member
what is everyone up to this evening? Feel like I need some normal life distraction if y'all(!) don't mind.

big love to you @Flumps

so far this evening, I've beaten both teams at their walls on only connect and I'm just waiting to get something right on university challenge 🙂

• Heart

Dustye

Love Whitley Bay.... tbh a lot of areas up here are unrecognisable from the time I moved across the Pennines (20 years ago).

In terms of potato toppings, we go for bolognese (I find the Tesco vegan mince the nicest 😋) and I tried a weird thing with kale where I mixed the cooked potato with grated violife and cooked kale and put back in the shells, topped with more cheese and rebaked.
Oohhh this sounds good, and sweet chilli and Omph is a great idea too @Oxford_Girl thank [space]you