Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Mustard

VIP Member
I had my impacted bottom wisdom teeth taken out at age 19 by local anaesthetic. The pain in the following days was excruciating and reverberated around my head. It wasn’t done on the NHS - I believe they use a general.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 8

Into_the_tunnel

VIP Member
God I'm living for this North East chat. Soz soft southerners 💁‍♀️
Same 😘.

I am fiercely protective of my little NE town even though I wasn’t born here. I did make a brief foray down to the ‘boro a few years ago, however Mrs Tunnel being a true Geordie just couldn’t get on with it and we had to move back pretty sharpish 😳.

• Heart

Raker

VIP Member
Yeap so with you on this. It’s up there with holes in stuff for me - it has a proper name but can’t recall it now and shan’t Google it in fear of it also bringing up said weird images.
yes — trypophobia. <shudder>

• Heart
  • Sick

Shesaidwhat?

VIP Member
I have just had bad news about my job (probably will be made redundant :( and have my period) so I think my lunch will be super unhealthy oven chips and quorn nuggets... maybe with a salad (maybe)
Aww no I’m so sorry ❤

• Heart

Universal

Chatty Member
she would love it if we were all like that, wouldn't she!

Ohhh not tonight but last night i fried squash in panko and stuffed them in homemade corn tortillas with lime crema, guac, jalapeño hot sauce, pickled shallots, pumpkin seeds and radishes and they were gooooood. I miss the lovely natural evening light of the summer!
Oh wow this looks amazing!

The gender stuff fries my brain. I cant form a solid opinion on it. Theres so many layers to it, its a bit much. 🥴

OH and kids have gone out, I have a burrito on the way and going to distract myself until the interview!
I work in a very traditional male dominated industry and the blokes I work with are all open minded, lovely and kind. Listening to them trying desperately hard to talk about gender and not offend anyone gives me the second hand cringe.

• Heart

Marj24

VIP Member
Here for the doughnut talk, couldn't imagine spending a huge amount but these (I mentioned on an earlier thread) are the bomb.

Got two earlier this year for 50p each as they discount after 6pm. Have not been in Waitrose since early March but have had some delivered at full price, worth every penny!

• Heart

Mustard

VIP Member
Ooh! I’m a bit strange in that I’ve wanted to try cronuts for so long, but I’m too scared of getting one and it being shit, so I’ve ended up never trying. If anyone’s recommending, I’ll scamper to Brick Lane to buy the ultimate cronut of dreams. I’m a bit funny like that with food so tend to make everything myself, rather than end up with something cooked badly, or even worse - bland! Bland food literally sends me into a rage.

Sorry I’ve only been over here five minutes and am going on about my food rage.

I did not try any Cronuts from Rinkoff’s but I did have some from Ayre’s Bakery in Nunhead. I enjoyed them very much, but did not have anything to compare them to.
I presume they still do them. They weren’t expensive and I didn’t have to queue for them! Ayre’s is an old fashioned bakery that has been around for years. It’s not far from Nunhead Cemetery which as one of London’s Magnificent Seven Cemeteries, is worth a visit.

EdIT I just googled Ayre’s Bakery/cronuts and upped a 2013 article from the metro mentioning Kooky Bakes on Brick Lane, Rinkoff’s and Ayre’s.

Last edited:
  • Heart

Begborrowsteal

VIP Member
Fraus, I have avoided the MT as some lovely fraus have alerted me to the distasteful right views there at the mo, and I’m not here for that!

I had all 4 wisdom teeth removed at the same time, I was in agony that got worse and worse. When I phoned the receptionist, who was really snotty but agreed I could go back in, they discovered they’d stitched my gum to the inside of my cheek.

@Dustye i hear you on breastfeeding a toddler with teeth, I used to have to say to mine, no bite!!😂

Well done @Begborrowsteal and love to @Flumps
Ouch!!! How did they not realise that!? 😵

• Sad

malolo

VIP Member
This has made me cackle, there are video profiles now?! Is it like when you see those 80s dating agency videos in movies?!

This would be such a fun day out! Love Ole & Steen too, the staff in the Piccadilly Circus branch have the patience of saints and I appreciate that they let you skip the ticketed queue system if you’re a regular. The rye bread is amazing, loved the prawn-y thing they did on it, and the cheesy mushroom flatbread things (don’t know the name of it). The cinnamon swirls are SO good but impossible to eat a whole one. The potato focaccia is amazing too although I hated that they kept it by the entrance, uncovered! 🤮 Why oh why has covid ruined everything!

Out of interest what do you make of crosstown donuts Mustard? I like that their Brick Lane store is open til 10ish so you’ve got somewhere to go after work that isn’t a pub & they do a free hot drink with your donut..
I'm a big fan of Crosstown. Never had a doughnut from there I didn't like. I miss their Christmas Black Forest one from a few years ago now. They've started ice cream and cookies too but they'd have to be amazing to lure me away from my favourites.

• Heart

kachoochoo

VIP Member
Very weird how the places in your head aren’t the same any more. There’s fuck loads of bypasses, roads that were there aren’t there any more and there’s roundabouts that never were... then teeny little ancient things still are there and the memories come whacking back

yes absolutely! I don't drive, but I feel like I've noticed this when my boyfriend drives us up to my dad's, like, oh that's a whole new slip road to the metrocentre, whatever 🥴

and yes to the teeny things too ❤ oh, and although it's not at all teeny, going past penshaw monument always gets me. especially when it's dark and it's lit up. 🥰

• Heart

Ellabella

VIP Member
Also can I recommend a TV show? The Queen's Gambit on Netflix, it is so good, highly recommend.

Mustard

VIP Member
Re Jewish bakeries, the best rugelach I’ve had was from a bakery in the Manchester suburbs, around Hale or Sale. I do not know the name of the bakery.

• Heart

Dustye

Controversial - but when we went, we all loved the butter beer 😂 especially me, but I’m a bit of a sweet tooth Sal.

Soo sorry to hear you’ve been ill Harry ❤ Glad to hear you’re all on the other side now. Been meaning to say to you, as per your recommendation aaaages ago, I‘ve been working through Broad City and I love it. Just watched the pegging episode 😂
I'm grunka-ing so I know the thread will have moved on but I love Broad City! I have been known to shout "Nicki Min-Ashkenazi Jeeewww!" on family Friday night dinners.

• Heart

Begborrowsteal

VIP Member
@heretoreaditall2019 Yeah mine was growing competely wrong and they said something about my jaw. I'm not great at dentists so all I could focus in was, asleep or awake. Sleeeeep!

@emm my pain levels were fine afterwards. It was only after having that stupid cigarette that the pain kicked in.

• Heart