Food and Drink #47

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We will just be at home again this Christmas and we have minimal visitors usually, so pretty low key. I'm having a bit of a PMDD wobble at the mo though and getting very down and overwhelmed with Christmas prep. Just so much to remember and do, and my brain just isn't able for it at the moment. I'm cooking Christmas dinner on Christmas Eve this year, so Christmas Day can be more relaxed and I have less to do. Otherwise I spend it running back and forth to the kitchen. Christmas Day food will be lots of grazing, nibbles, cheese, gammon, leftovers - and I've ordered a seafood platter from a local stall.

@StewPots have you found the F1 threads on Tattle?

• Heart
Reactions: 15
We will just be at home again this Christmas and we have minimal visitors usually, so pretty low key. I'm having a bit of a PMDD wobble at the mo though and getting very down and overwhelmed with Christmas prep. Just so much to remember and do, and my brain just isn't able for it at the moment. I'm cooking Christmas dinner on Christmas Eve this year, so Christmas Day can be more relaxed and I have less to do. Otherwise I spend it running back and forth to the kitchen. Christmas Day food will be lots of grazing, nibbles, cheese, gammon, leftovers - and I've ordered a seafood platter from a local stall.

@StewPots have you found the F1 threads on Tattle?
Yeah I’ve seen two different ones but I keep forgetting about them as I have soooo many threads I’m following and my brain is still sieve-like despite my recent best efforts to improve that 🤣

I’ll get rid of some other threads when the season starts again so I concentrate on F1 ones! I take it I’ll be seeing you over on 1 of them? 😁🧡

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Yeah I’ve seen two different ones but I keep forgetting about them as I have soooo many threads I’m following and my brain is still sieve-like despite my recent best efforts to improve that 🤣

I’ll get rid of some other threads when the season starts again so I concentrate on F1 ones! I take it I’ll be seeing you over on 1 of them? 😁🧡
I'm on the normal F1 thread and also pop my head in the F1 chatter thread from time to time, that moves at a faster pace so it's harder for me to keep up. There's also an F1 wags thread that goes way too fast for me so I gave up on thread #1 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
I'm on the normal F1 thread and also pop my head in the F1 chatter thread from time to time, that moves at a faster pace so it's harder for me to keep up. There's also an F1 wags thread that goes way too fast for me so I gave up on thread #1 😂
Yeah that’s the one I look at occasionally, but I mainly go on the chatter thread… for exactly the same reason 🤣 the wags one is too hectic for me 😁

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I love that F1 is so fast paced even it’s threads are speedy!
I've never cared for F1 but I found the documentary on Netflix so interesting! Binged all the series very quickly but still have no desire to watch the actual events 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Mega chaos on the MT.
I need a 😶 reaction face for 'the numbers would be interesting but her being exposed via criminal acts makes me very uncomfortable'. Plus the sense that the hacker have had or want to portray that they have links to here is....not the one.

I've never cared for F1 but I found the documentary on Netflix so interesting! Binged all the series very quickly but still have no desire to watch the actual events 🤣
Same 🤣 I like the digested version of the documentary, the actual races are just so LONG.

Reactions: 10
I've not watched F1 in years, but i made it the subject of my spanish gcse oral back in the day for some reason

"miguel zapatero es muy bien" I think was the general gist

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I haven't read the Mother Thread yet, I've been a bit crook so been reading animal stories instead. Weather in Oz ha been so wild there's seals washing up in NZ who actually belong in Sydney,
View attachment 2628998
The MT needs energy that can only be provided by giant buttons. Not happening.

I had a panda video to cheer you up, can’t find it. It involved rolling, pausing mid activity and general hilarity. It was so cute. Hope you feel better soon. ❤.

Vets last night. Bed rest for the princess. I’ve put the really thick duvet on so she’s in a proper princess and the pea situation at the moment. There aren’t enough eye rolls for how cute she is.

Hope everyone has a nice Thursday. Today it’s not meant to rain. A small win.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
The MT needs energy that can only be provided by giant buttons. Not happening.

I had a panda video to cheer you up, can’t find it. It involved rolling, pausing mid activity and general hilarity. It was so cute. Hope you feel better soon. ❤.

Vets last night. Bed rest for the princess. I’ve put the really thick duvet on so she’s in a proper princess and the pea situation at the moment. There aren’t enough eye rolls for how cute she is.

Hope everyone has a nice Thursday. Today it’s not meant to rain. A small win.
I'm sending all the love I have to my favourite girl. 💕
I've been in bed all day, I went to the doctor (via bus) on Tuesday and I've picked up a bug of some kind. I'm craving vegan chocolate ice cream for my sore throat and golf-ball sized glands.
Love plus infinity times 10 and warm things to my Tunnel girls x

• Heart
Reactions: 16

Me at the thought of this.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I haven't read the Mother Thread yet, I've been a bit crook so been reading animal stories instead. Weather in Oz ha been so wild there's seals washing up in NZ who actually belong in Sydney,
View attachment 2628998
That's crazy.also , so you say "across the ditch" in the same way we say across the pond" for the us? That is the most hilariously aussie expression I love it 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 13
That's crazy.also , so you say "across the ditch" in the same way we say across the pond" for the us? That is the most hilariously aussie expression I love it 🤣
I like how we call Tasmanians 'Taswegians.' That cracks me up for some reason.

ETA I just found out there was a mini tornado in the next town to where my stepdad lives. Wtf is going on over here!!!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
How big is a mini tornado? I like the idea of like a tiny pet tornado that follows you around and does your bidding, but size is relative soo...

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I'm sending all the love I have to my favourite girl. 💕
I've been in bed all day, I went to the doctor (via bus) on Tuesday and I've picked up a bug of some kind. I'm craving vegan chocolate ice cream for my sore throat and golf-ball sized glands.
Love plus infinity times 10 and warm things to my Tunnel girls x
Hoping you feel better soon dear @MaineCoonMama ❤❤❤
---
So after 4 days of note taking, reading and answering general questions, I have submitted my first assignment! Eeek 😬

I made sure I put plenty of relevant information in, used perfect SPAG and linked it all to the topic in hand so hopefully I get a pass and good feedback from my tutor!

My next assignment isn’t due until the end of January, so it’ll just be general note taking for the next couple of weeks then I’ll do the second assignment itself once SB is back at school. I’m also going to start on the Microsoft office course today.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
How big is a mini tornado? I like the idea of like a tiny pet tornado that follows you around and does your bidding, but size is relative soo...
Hahaha! I checked, and the ABC says it was a storm 'equivalent' to a small tornado. Lesson here is fact check before you tell people what yer da says.
The town itself is tiny, maybe one of their pet tornadoes got loose?

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Hahaha! I checked, and the ABC says it was a storm 'equivalent' to a small tornado. Lesson here is fact check before you tell people what yer da says.

Millicent is a lovely name for a town <3 I am gonna go with your suggestion of pet tornado on the loose cos it's an adorable thought.

So hard to summon the will to do anything at this time of year, am almost glad I've got a some sort of illness (sore throat/general aches) cos I can hibernate in bed without feeling guilty.

• Heart
Reactions: 9

I think we could, based on the evidence, argue that Jack Monroe's pet tornado has just gone apeshit.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.