Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

freya

Please send cattos and doggos. 3 things, maybe 4. My boyfriend just broke up with me. My friend died. My abusive ex boyfriend just called me. Is there a fourth? Police were involved. Fml.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 33

MaineCoonMama

VIP Member
Still Caturday here for another 40-odd minutes, baby Pooh having his first drink at his new home. We picked him up 11 years ago today.
FB7A89E4-97ED-4602-A38E-B9E9915850FC.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 32

StewPots

VIP Member
Just sharing my very O/T mithering with you guys over here… I’ve been BUSY!

Had a meltdown on Thursday night ( triggered by stress and being overwhelmed after a slew of birthdays in Nov and now Christmas ) but also compounded by the fact I’m fed up of my life having no meaning. I miss working so much, I’m fed up of being skint and because I’m not Jack or VagJayJay I’m going to try my best to do something about it rather than expect strangers to find the things I need.

I’ve signed up to do a Level 2 Business Administration course - distance learning, and fully funded by the Government. It’s only a short course - completion end of Feb, but it’s enough to get me up to speed with more modern ways of working, like videoconferencing and doing jobs from home.

I’ve also signed up to do an online Office course as I’ve forgotten everything about Excel, PowerPoint etc so I desperately need a refresh. This was also free, but through my Social Prescriber so I’m not sure how it’s funded 🤔

I was just so sick of wasting my brain - I do have one and even though it’s fucking crazy, it does enjoy learning things. And I’m also sad because all my friends are doing degrees at the moment - which is amazing and I’m so, so proud of them - and one is doing her Masters so I was feeling left behind. Before I got so ill and had to leave work, I was halfway through a Level 5 Management Course, which I was doing well at. But repeated hospital admissions plus the breakdown of my marriage as well as my mind put paid to that.

So…I’m going to try and better myself and my prospects for myself, and for my youngest, and to hopefully find a flexible work from home job once I’ve got up to date qualifications. My SP is going to help me with it all as well - signposting free mini courses etc to help me build my skills.

I was so good at what I did before, but I accepted long ago I can never do a conventional job again so time to get up, dust myself off and improve my life for 2024. Any advice or ideas you guys have to help ( as you’re a very clever and kind Canal ) would be most appreciated - like offers on courses or funding for further education, that sort of thing.

Anyway - O/T mither/announcement over and thank you 🙏

P.S. Jack is an absolute 🤡

• Heart
Reactions: 31

BubbleDuck

VIP Member
PhotoRoom_20231215_181742.jpeg

Evening Ninnies ❤. I’m about to start a mega grunk of here and the mt because I understand there is a Christmas chaos going on , but I just wanted to say hello and that I’ve missed you 🙂

• Heart

Falkor

VIP Member
It's always just me and Mr F for Christmas since his mum died five years ago. We can't go to my family because of the animals and they don't want to trog all the way up here (we don't have enough space for everyone to stay anyway). Mr F always says if I want to go down to my brother's so I can see Mum at Christmas he'll be fine, but he'd be miserable without someone to share his Christmas cooking spree with! Other than a lot of good food it's not something we really celebrate much, it's not a great time of year for me.

It's 30 years ago today that my dad was in a serious car accident (a lorry jacknifed coming down a hill towards him, the driver hadn't put his safety bar on, and his car was crushed betwen the cab and the trailer) and he died just over three weeks later, so Christmas has never really been the same since.

• Heart
  • Sad

Falkor

VIP Member
Bastard, bastard birds.

We had a new Crystalyx lick for the ladies, so I took it down on the quad after lunch and from the top of the hill could only see seven ladies instead of eight.

406 had got stuck on her back, not for very long because there was hardly any poo, but long enough for the local corvid population to spot her and have a go at one of her eyes.

She's had a big injection of long-acting penicillin plus a bit more dribbled directly into the eye - it's currently so swollen that I can't see whether she's lost the whole thing or it's just been damaged. She's back on her feet, but very wobbly right now, so I'm standing here watching them and making sure she doesn't fall over and get stuck again. As soon as she was back on her feet and walking again, Nibbles went straight over to check she was okay, the rest are keeping their distance because she looks like something out of a horror movie.

Please keep your fingers crossed for her, if she survives the shock and doesn't get an infection, she'll be okay.

• Heart
  • Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 29

kachoochoo

VIP Member
lads, got myself a proper goal for my top of the old anxiety ladder. given myself a proper reason to put my therapy into practice

I've only gone and booked strictly tour tickets, haven't I? barely been outside since february, but I've got like 8 weeks to work myself up to it, so here we are 😳

• Heart
  • Wow

Emmapism

VIP Member
I am currently in the throes of either a bout of food poisoning or norovirus. As an emetophobe, tonight has been horrible. I'm hoping that's it now and I can get some sleep but I'm sure this isn't done with me yet.

Haven't been sick in years and years. Definitely not since I moved in here 4 years ago. I'm alone and feeling very sorry for myself.

• Heart
  • Sad

Emmapism

VIP Member
Here you all are!

So I'm working on the telly project I can't talk about (lol here I am talking about it but you know what I mean) and let's just say my instincts about it being a major shit show were correct.

I do however, need the money. So grinning and bearing it, with another couple of months to go. Bills will be paid and savings replenished and I will put up with the grief temporarily. The joy of a short ish contract.

• Heart
Reactions: 28

Wooh

VIP Member
Hi! I had a lovely day. Have moved the WoohPonies to a new paddock in a proper agistment property, so I now have a little horsey community. It's a big change for me, a very different vibe.

Best of all (and obviously not a coincidence) the agistment is close to my place of work at the wellness retreat. Walking distance. I'm now going to work towards having two of them accredited for equine therapy and hope to add a side hustle.

Here's WP-3 exploring his new surrounds.

IMG_20231116_153702.jpg

Now off to read this thread properly x

• Heart

Sideboard Bob

VIP Member
I don’t use Spotify enough to get the unwrapped thing, but I love seeing other people’s!

So, this woman I’ve been chatting to online, it’s still going really well! We want to meet in real life, and are both pretty serious about it. Aah!

Who knows what will happen, I’m trying to be down to earth and realistic, and maybe we won’t “click“ in person, plus shes very far away so it won’t be for a while, but on the other hand, maybe it’s the start of something great!

• Heart
  • Wow

Emmapism

VIP Member
I love Jimcat!

Thanks for well wishes on my last post gang. The bad thing has stopped and I've managed to eat a slice of toast and half a banana. Mainly dealing with a bad headache and hot and cold sweats which I hope fuck off soon also.

Back to bed I go

• Heart

Falkor

VIP Member
Gladys Six literally headbutted everyone else out of the way to get to the haylage nets this morning, so I think I can safely say she's better! It'll take a while for her eye to settle and then we'll find out if she has any sight at all in it.

In the meantime here's Viv Squig, Badger, and Mrs O enjoying a bit of top-quality nosh. I put out one net per 2 sheep, but there's inevitably a scrum on each fresh one that goes up!

20231213_085019.jpg

• Heart
Hello my favourite ninnies ❤ I'm in a seemingly never-ending episode of depression and doing the whole reading-without-reacting thing again. I just wanted to send you a pre-Caturday treat of the most disdainful Sideboard Cat. She was upset I wouldn't let her eat my Pringles at lunch. Instead she settled for licking my hand that I put up as a barrier against wet noses and sneaky feets.

disdainful sideboard cat.jpg

• Heart
My Christmas plans are to go for Christmas lunch at my sister's with my mum and grandma. It's a party food deal so I'll be loading up on vegan sausage rolls and seitan gammon then being rolled home to make my own dinner. I'll be making a loaf of bread as my grandma loves my bread although I haven't actually made any bread since last Christmas so I'm catastrophising and thinking it might be a huge disappointment. Unlike last year I am well enough to buy people presents which is exciting. I've bought my sister giant prawn cocktail Wotsits (not just those, it's part of a hamper I'm curating) which would be god tier nightsnacks if anyone's interested.

Btw hello from a politely perching Sideboard Cat. She'll be sharing my Christmas dinner.

polite perching.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 27

MaineCoonMama

VIP Member
I'm always concerned about electricity usage, before I buy an appliance I read up on all the keeeelowatts they use and so on.
Here's a photo of Susan on the tumble dryer for inspiration.
1699917579265.jpeg

• Heart
  • Wow

chizontiz

Chatty Member
Hi all, haven’t been around all that much recently because I’ve been BUSY, but I’ve just had to take TizCat to the emergency vet because his breathing is funny, and they’re keeping him in 😭 the vet thinks it’s likely heart disease (sphynxes are particularly susceptible to HCM which I’be been so paranoid about and have always been told his breathing/heart rate etc is fine at check ups so I’m frustrated as much as I am devastated).

I’m massively catastrophising right now. He was put in one of those oxygen tanks to help with his breathing and they asked if I wanted them to revive him if his heart does fail 😭😭😭 I know he’s where he needs to be right now and nothing is confirmed, I just can’t help but feel absolutely petrified right now. I love him so much and desperately want him to be okay.

caption: my handsome boi in his sockclava to keep his naked little head warm

Attachments

• Heart
  • Sad

MurielSnark

VIP Member
I made it out of the house today to get my 'flu and Covid vaccines. It was only 500m or so to the pharmacy but it took two support workers and an awful lot of rests to get there and back. I haven't walked that far in over 6 months. Knackered now but pleased to have done it.

Have a good Friday evening everyone!

• Heart
  • Wow