Food and Drink #47

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm just here to complain about having caught a cold along with a strained ligament in my back which means poor Bettycat3 is in hiding as I'm "ow!"ing every time I cough or sneeze. She did try to nurse me better earlier, which (as she's a cat) involved her licking my face. I tried to be grateful 😐

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
I saw a very large mouse/possible rat in my back garden earlier climbing up the shed to help itself to the fat balls in the bird feeder and I suspect that's who has been digging in the compost, so the Campaign to Obtain New Cats is now in full swing.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
Lots of fireworks going on. We are listening to the classic FM pet thingy, mainly to calm ourselves down because she is snoring in her fleecy.

Thank you so much ❤. We’ll try the lunch again. Pepsi max and yoghurt is better than muesli and buttons so progress is being made.

I don’t go on the MT much, but just looked and there were a few comments about “thickening of bodies” and “looking thin”. Sending love to those who find that kind of thing hard to read. We don’t need to be scrutinising people in that way. Behaviours yes, bodies no. n

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Imagine if Fiona was a psychotic sheep, ostracized by all flocks for her woolly malevolence? They tried to save us, but now, feisty Fiona is free to belligerently baaaaaaaaaaa by the full moon.

Like Shaun the Sheep, but spookier.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I wish I could upload a smell for you all to enjoy. I'm sitting in bed still (a bit fragile today) and the air coming in the window smells of mown grass and spring flowers. Lovely.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I wish I could upload a smell for you all to enjoy. I'm sitting in bed still (a bit fragile today) and the air coming in the window smells of mown grass and spring flowers. Lovely.
I just smell gunpowder and cold air. Yours sounds much nicer

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Forgot to post an update on the tumble dryer situation! Belt came, syhwhl started taking apart, I tried helping and unusually for me I got really stressed as I could not figure out how we were going to do it as bits that should come off weren’t doing. Young Harold though, excelled himself and would not give up, and eventually it was done. Only it moved a little then slowed right down, moved the belt a smidge ( repeat 3x) then smelled like burning*.
I’d been all ready to get a new one but our local appliance shop was SHUT. So we got chips and went home. Attempt 4 with the belt - young Harold insists we take the back off again and I’m convinced the routing of the belt might not be right. So we put it on routed the way I think and bloody hell! It’s working. Really proud of him for not giving up on this.
Could crowdfund a new one just in case though… JOKE!
*burning was the belt slipping on the big wheel inside as not taut enough from being routed wrongly-there were black marks from the rubber when we looked.
cost of repair - about 5 hours and £15.
Dryer cost £150 in the first place and had a year guarantee. I fully believe from how it’s made that it’s to discourage repairs, but we are using it for maybe year 3 or 4 now so I’m happy.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Bettycat3 came running in damp a while back and quite clearly announced "RAIN!"

That grauniad diary column chap did a funny piece about his cat speaking entirely in Irish names
(Tim Dowling: the pet food system is broken, and the cat blames me)

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.