Food and Drink #46 Sponsored by Primula

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Fireworks should not be available for private sale.

Local authorities can put on displays for New Year, and one appropriate festival per religion per year, but you don't get to go to Tesco and spend your clubcard points on explosives.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Fireworks should not be available for private sale.

Local authorities can put on displays for New Year, and one appropriate festival per religion per year, but you don't get to go to Tesco and spend your clubcard points on explosives.
"one appropriate festival per religion per year"

That's a very on brand Witchfinder Sergeant thing to say. Can we get that tabled in Parly and then have every town crier making an announcement in the market square?

• Haha
  • Heart
What I don’t understand is why people buy fireworks that primarily just make a massive bang. They don’t have to be noisy!! When I was very much younger someone near us got hold of fireworks that I think were more like bombs as the bangs made our house shake. One of our cats tried running away in terror and it was all very stressful.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
"one appropriate festival per religion per year"

That's a very on brand Witchfinder Sergeant thing to say. Can we get that tabled in Parly and then have every town crier making an announcement in the market square?
I was more thinking of Diwali and that, since the Protestants these days tend to mostly draw a discreet veil over the origins of Bonfire Night, apart from Lewes.

I still remember the moment I first heard that song, I was in a pub with some friends, and I was like “what IS this?” It sounded like magic to me.

Swedish pop is just 💯
I know they aren’t Swedish but I used to be obsessed with Röyksopp. Mrs T used to roll her eyes when I listened to So Easy (and Faithless’s drifting away) on repeat.

Ane Brun is pretty epic too.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
IMG_1438.jpeg

the ridiculously hairy foot of a now snoring cat unbothered by noise on his velvet stool 🤣 later he will have both front and back legs dangling off as he is a big cat and it’s a smallish stool, which will amuse me as he will look a bit like he’s stood up, asleep.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I love the multi-layered irony of government-funded fireworks displays, so I'm in. I've always thought it seems a bit daft to spend £50 on tit fireworks in your garden when you can go to a proper display and see half-decent ones that are less likely to end up accidentally going down your welly.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Various neighbours have all been on a noise contest tonight, several lots of fireworks, screaming kids, someone racing his crappy backfiring car up and down, and next door deciding it's a good time to be hammering something.

• Sad
I can’t understand the drone displays. I know the drones stay still but I just can’t picture it.

I saw some skeleton one that was walking through Dubai and I was all 🤯.

My new thing will be drone videos instead of rug cleaning videos.

Students have been suspiciously quiet. I feel something’s afoot.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
The only consolation is that it's cold and wet tonight so all the fireworks idiots are getting soggy outside and all sane pet lovers are warm and dry indoors.

• Heart
I like the drone firework things, I remember there being ones of corgis flying around during the jubilee, although that feels like a fever dream?

Will be having a video call with the woman i‘ve been flirting with tonight!
It’s just going to be casual, as in, just making a video call to finally get it out the way, because we were both nervous!
I was nervous but now I’m just so hyped.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Facturday.

A genus of tardigrade has a gene that encodes a protein that can repair DNA damaged by radiation such as X-rays.

Say hello to Ramazzotius the tardigrade.
IMG_4837.jpeg

---
I like the drone firework things, I remember there being ones of corgis flying around during the jubilee, although that feels like a fever dream?

Will be having a video call with the woman i‘ve been flirting with tonight!
It’s just going to be casual, as in, just making a video call to finally get it out the way, because we were both nervous!
I was nervous but now I’m just so hyped.
Yippee. Remember

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
Not available in my country apparently.
Could you invert the post so I can see?
Orrrr just tell me what it is 😊
dancing on my own by robyn

so, we literally have a genre of music here called "john lewis xmas commercial acoustic versions of banging pop songs"

several years ago, some dude called callum scott won (I think? I've never watched it) britain's got talent and ruined robyn's song by slowing it down to a john lewis speed

it was used tonight in an ok rumba by an ok performer called adam thomas

• Haha
Reactions: 14
ah, the fajitas episode! was also the episode where chandler told that kid in the scout uniform that he was adopted 💙
---
Chooey I saw your other post. That all adds up 💡

I’m sure a Jack noodle soup would involve a tin of soup, but not packet noodles, she would surely wet then cut up lasagne sheets, carefully wind around a pencil and dry them on the radiator first 🤢
sorry to ask, but which other post?

I've been talking shite all over this site all night

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
ah, the fajitas episode! was also the episode where chandler told that kid in the scout uniform that he was adopted 💙
---

sorry to ask, but which other post?

I've been talking shite all over this site all night
the peri thread

• Heart
Reactions: 5
anyhoo, tunnelly buttons post earlier reminded me how bleeping good were savage garden

my fave was always affirmation

It'd make a great strictly jive

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.