Food and Drink #46 Sponsored by Primula

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We had a great time on our video call! She’s so lovely! I‘m like this 😍 now haha

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 28
My girl was upset by our neighbour's fireworks (he has huge display type ones going off every year) and hid under the table. First time I've ever seen her bothered by them. I coaxed her out and got her snuggled in a throw. Her worried little face!
20231104_185416.jpg

I do love fireworks though, I'm a bit of a child with them ☺.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 24
We're lucky here, so many sheep and cows in the area that anyone who sets them off gets a fine of up to £10k. Orkney Council's display last night got gatecrashed by the northern lights.

1699176970557.jpeg

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
I'm glad fireworks are illegal here for the general public. It's bad enough on Australia Day or NYE when they're planned and there's prior notice.
I'm constantly saying we should do thr same here, letting anyone let off fireworks is totally insane. Teenagers near me are often letting them off outside flats, my cats aren't scared of them so I am terrified they could get injured or worse. I haven't let them out (in the dark)this weekend , much to their annoyance.
Anyone in the UK remember the warning ads about fireworks safety in the 80s/90s? They don't seem to exist at all anymore
---
Loveeeee savage garden, Darren Hayes toured recently ish but tickets were way too expensive here

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
I can't believe they charge to go stand on the Embankment to watch the NYE London fireworks nowadays.

They should honestly pay people to do it, because you have to get there super early, it's always freezing on the river, you're crammed in like a sardine but need the bladder of a camel. Then the mass exodus of people with all the nearby stations closed. It's bloody bedlam. Only did it once many years ago, the fireworks were cool irl, deafening loud, but so not worth doing it again.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
I can't believe they charge to go stand on the Embankment to watch the NYE London fireworks nowadays.

They should honestly pay people to do it, because you have to get there super early, it's always freezing on the river, you're crammed in like a sardine but need the bladder of a camel. Then the mass exodus of people with all the nearby stations closed. It's bloody bedlam. Only did it once many years ago, the fireworks were cool irl, deafening loud, but so not worth doing it again.
I was having the same discussion with Mr NT. Not something I'd fancy tbh, at any of those London events, like royal occasions and what not - it always looks like a bloody nightmare. Can't move or you'll lose your spot, standing up for hours in all weathers. Nope. 😑

Reactions: 14
I was having the same discussion with Mr NT. Not something I'd fancy tbh, at any of those London events, like royal occasions and what not - it always looks like a bloody nightmare. Can't move or you'll lose your spot, standing up for hours in all weathers. Nope. 😑

It's not worth £20, trust me! You want to drink to keep yourself warm but cant drink too much coz you literally cant get out to find a toilet. I was up on the bridge too so got a full wind whipping.

Parliament Hill is the best spot to see ALL the London fireworks, that is actually a cool, chilled vibe and free to boot!

Reactions: 13

I went for the millennium. I don’t know where. On a bridge. Getting back to my friend’s house in Finchley was a bleeping chew on.
Today we were meant to go out for lunch to celebrate something. Obviously no breakfast was had and then I went and over exercised (back running 😄) to preempt the food. By the time it came for us to walk to the place I was exhausted, really hungry and sore and we binned out. I am now on the sofa drinking Pepsi max and my favourite fat free baked apple skyr. No celebration.

Mrs T was really understanding but I’m nearly 43 ffs and this is taking the piss.

Hugs to pet parents for tonight ❤🐾

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I went for the millennium. I don’t know where. On a bridge. Getting back to my friend’s house in Finchley was a bleeping chew on.

The original Millennium Wheel London Eye firework show! That must have been so cool to see that live for the first time. It's commonplace now.

It was only supposed to be there for a year too, and still two decades later one of the major attractions and an icon of the skyline. I like how they repurposed the Millennium Dome O2, that little pocket of Greenwich is worth a trek now. 100% recommend going on the sunset timeslot with Up at the O2 (the bit you climb up and stand on the top). I love that every time I see the O2 (like the Eastenders titles) that I can say- 'I've stood on that'. :ROFLMAO:

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I really do hope that rescued sheep isn't an introvert who had made a life choice to be on its own. I'd be right pissed off being rescued.
---
The original Millennium Wheel London Eye firework show! That must have been so cool to see that live for the first time. It's commonplace now.

It was only supposed to be there for a year too, and still two decades later one of the major attractions and an icon of the skyline. I like how they repurposed the Millennium Dome O2, that little pocket of Greenwich is worth a trek now. 100% recommend going on the sunset timeslot with Up at the O2 (the bit you climb up and stand on the top). I love that every time I see the O2 (like the Eastenders titles) that I can say- 'I've stood on that'. :ROFLMAO:
As a londoner I bleeping hate the eye and the dome . Temporary buildings should not become legacy. London has far more to offer than that tit.

• Heart
  • Haha
I once watched the Battersea Park fireworks from a bus while my friends were wedged into a crowd outside the park and couldn't see anything. We had to rendezvous in Chelsea across the river as the closest place we could all reach through the throngs. A total bust. Never again.

I'm perfectly happy watching the NYE displays from my sofa. They could put it all on in a sound stage with a green screen and it would be just as nice to watch.

Currently girding my loins to go out for an extended dog walk to avoid the massive local fireworks scheduled for this evening. The poshos who put it on don't understand that our shoddy single glazed windows and crumbling buildings literally shake with the impact of it. My little dog goes totally mental to the point of hurting himself.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
I think the South Bank NYE, Magic Kingdom and end of Edinburgh Festival fireworks are my fave firework experiences, in that order. Oh and the fireworks of Björk's face at Reading 95 were memorable!

I used to love standing on the Mound with a pocket radio when the Festival fireworks were timed to the live concert. Shame they don't do it any more. And I wouldn't do the London ones again for toilet/getting cold reasons.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Today we were meant to go out for lunch to celebrate something. Obviously no breakfast was had and then I went and over exercised (back running 😄) to preempt the food. By the time it came for us to walk to the place I was exhausted, really hungry and sore and we binned out. I am now on the sofa drinking Pepsi max and my favourite fat free baked apple skyr. No celebration.

Mrs T was really understanding but I’m nearly 43 ffs and this is taking the piss.

Hugs to pet parents for tonight ❤🐾
I’m glad you’re being kind to yourself now, by the sounds of things, you really deserve to, because it’s so hard.

I’m not just saying this, but you should know you’re an amazing person. Please go easy on yourself.

• Heart
I really do hope that rescued sheep isn't an introvert who had made a life choice to be on its own. I'd be right pissed off being rescued.
---

As a londoner I bleeping hate the eye and the dome . Temporary buildings should not become legacy. London has far more to offer than that tit.
I loved the millennium dome exhibitions or whatever you'd call them, I think I went twice, irs very obvious the building wasn't supposed to be permanent. Remember in that storm when part of the roof blew off?
It annoys me the fact that all music venues seem to be owned by 02 and changed their names.
I'm always shocked when people go on the London Eye now, there are much better views elsewhere for much cheaper (or free) now

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.