Food and Drink #46 Sponsored by Primula

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Finally I can clear my conscious for my slights against primula. I feel bad about the silliest things.
New jobs going well. Only 3 days in but they all seem very happy with me.
Very tired but I've not really worked for a year .
I'm actually happy, it feels odd after so long .
7684148-1.gif

ETA. i never realised years ago when i made that gif i didn't properly return the pop.
Blame photoshop 7 , soz

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
@kachoochoo I am happy to hear that!! I never knew they’d had them here.
If you see the blue cheese laughing cow triangles they are pretty good and strong.
@Orphan_Black I’ve tried a lot of dairy free cheeses and they aren’t the same are they. I was dairy free for years and I did miss strong cheddar! The Violife cream cheese isn’t bad and I think there’s a Camembert version in our fridge I haven’t tried yet, I’ll let you know what it’s like. The best one for melting like on a pizza I don’t think you can get now, it was called Daiya- not the pizza one though, the orange coloured grated cheese was way more stretchy and like mozzarella.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I’ve broken my self imposed ban to say this...

So I was told at ten to five they’re coming to bin everything I own tomorrow, they’re coming with landlord to empty flat. It’s been decided flat won’t meet EPC grading. Despite putting stuff outside and leaving messages and others doing so landlord has decided to do this. I can’t explain how distressed I am. Advocate blithely told me it’d be fine.

Apparently they think I’ve done nothing since it was discovered. However, they are wrong. I’ve sat on two therapy lists only to be told I’m too ill. I left stuff, distressing myself a lot, outside to be collected but instead they’ve decided to do this.

I’ve no idea if I’ll even have a home in 24 hours. For the third time in under a week. Again no warning for help. No time when they’re coming cos the fire brigade don’t do that so no chance of any help at all. Landlord has big meeting with ‘people’ (you know as much as me) Friday morning.

It’s unbearable. I was screaming down phone at advocate. Had neighbour here for hours trying to calm me down. I’ve no strength now so just crying. A lot.

I’ve no idea if I’ll be able to come back again, I know that sounds like flouncing. It’s not. I just feel like people here are kind and caring and might wonder if I disappear. Spoiler might work too cos that’s the sort of day I’m having.

Anyway, I found some Camembert, in fried crispy crumb I was going to have for tea (didn’t as feel so unwell).
I’m aware of the risk I take by mentioning that around here... it’ll be out of stock by this time tomorrow for weeks..
---
Yep. The spoiler thing worked.
🙄

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
I'm trying out the earbuds dear heart @binkbonk recommended tonight and I was hooting quietly to myself when I opened the case and found a smol inexplicable carabiner. Three more and an S-hook and I'll be ready to drain my pasta instead of scooping it out of the hot water with my hands.

carabiner.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Which cheese is made backwards?

Are you sure you want to know?
Really? Edam

Apologies if I've used this joke before! And I was obsessed by those cheese square things. The purple box was the best. They were a quid in the Asda for ages.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I’ve broken my self imposed ban to say this...

So I was told at ten to five they’re coming to bin everything I own tomorrow, they’re coming with landlord to empty flat. It’s been decided flat won’t meet EPC grading. Despite putting stuff outside and leaving messages and others doing so landlord has decided to do this. I can’t explain how distressed I am. Advocate blithely told me it’d be fine.

Apparently they think I’ve done nothing since it was discovered. However, they are wrong. I’ve sat on two therapy lists only to be told I’m too ill. I left stuff, distressing myself a lot, outside to be collected but instead they’ve decided to do this.

I’ve no idea if I’ll even have a home in 24 hours. For the third time in under a week. Again no warning for help. No time when they’re coming cos the fire brigade don’t do that so no chance of any help at all. Landlord has big meeting with ‘people’ (you know as much as me) Friday morning.

It’s unbearable. I was screaming down phone at advocate. Had neighbour here for hours trying to calm me down. I’ve no strength now so just crying. A lot.

I’ve no idea if I’ll be able to come back again, I know that sounds like flouncing. It’s not. I just feel like people here are kind and caring and might wonder if I disappear. Spoiler might work too cos that’s the sort of day I’m having.

Anyway, I found some Camembert, in fried crispy crumb I was going to have for tea (didn’t as feel so unwell).
I’m aware of the risk I take by mentioning that around here... it’ll be out of stock by this time tomorrow for weeks..
---
Yep. The spoiler thing worked.
🙄
Becca, your situation sounds very complicated and this isn't the right place to get into detail since none of us know each other. However, I would suggest that you look at the Shelter website -- they set out your rights and responsibilities as a tenant very clearly. Your landlord cannot simply get rid of your possessions unless they have already been to court and obtained an eviction order against you. If they had done this, you would have been notified by the landlord and subsequently by the court.

I don't know what your options are because it sounds as though there is much more detail to your case. But, if I were you and someone came to try and empty my flat without a court order, I would resist, call the police (and maybe also your local councillors and MP) and record everything / take photos on your phone.

Do take care.

• Heart
Thank you. I did try Shelter Cymru (am in wales). But they wanted to meet to discuss with paperwork that I don’t have - due to last forced entry and removal of everything I own, literally, so no contract, no ID nothing left at all.

Apologies if I’ve offended by oversharing. Brightside the spoiler thing finally worked!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Thank you. I did try Shelter Cymru (am in wales). But they wanted to meet to discuss with paperwork that I don’t have - due to last forced entry and removal of everything I own, literally, so no contract, no ID nothing left at all.

Apologies if I’ve offended by oversharing. Brightside the spoiler thing finally worked!
I don't know, this all seems very strange. Landlords do not have the authority to remove anything from your flat -- you are protected by housing law and removal of goods law. They can't take away your possessions unless they have a court order to evict you and you have refused to leave, in which case bailiffs could lock you out. Even then, the landlord is obliged to hold your possessions safely for a number of months and return them to you.

I can't imagine why anyone would remove your paperwork from you.

Please do take care of yourself. And call the police if you are being harassed. And get some rest tonight.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Thank you for your kindness. To clarify it was social services who emptied it last time - that’s what’s on offer now, two students, one to take me ‘for coffee’ the other to bin everything. It’s a bedsit. I’m not allowed belongings. I was told one book, one cd, one month of bank statements, nothing in boxes, there’s no storage. So use and bin everything immediately. It’s temporary accommodation really but I can’t afford more space. SS did turn up, with rolls of bin liners. I wasn’t very polite. I was frightened. It’s no excuse. There is stuff in the corridor which probably they can remove. It’s there because I cannot cope with it (really personal upsetting stuff), stuff I’ve no room for, stuff I really can’t cope with inside.

I’ve spoken to other tenants to apologise and, explain. They were kind.

I’ve barely slept in a week.

I don’t think my advocate really understands. She’d been speaking to me for at least half an hour about how ill I was before dropping this bombshell and, saying she can’t help.

• Heart
Thank you for your kindness. To clarify it was social services who emptied it last time - that’s what’s on offer now, two students, one to take me ‘for coffee’ the other to bin everything. It’s a bedsit. I’m not allowed belongings. I was told one book, one cd, one month of bank statements, nothing in boxes, there’s no storage. So use and bin everything immediately. It’s temporary accommodation really but I can’t afford more space. SS did turn up, with rolls of bin liners. I wasn’t very polite. I was frightened. It’s no excuse. There is stuff in the corridor which probably they can remove. It’s there because I cannot cope with it (really personal upsetting stuff), stuff I’ve no room for, stuff I really can’t cope with inside.

I’ve spoken to other tenants to apologise and, explain. They were kind.

I’ve barely slept in a week.

I don’t think my advocate really understands. She’d been speaking to me for at least half an hour about how ill I was before dropping this bombshell and, saying she can’t help.
There's obviously a lot going on here, including questions about your vulnerability and health. You have protections from being harassed by your landlord and the Welsh government passed a new housing law last year, which strengthens those protections. You are also protected from being harassed or discriminated against on the grounds of your mental health. Shelter advises you to call the police if you are in a situation with your landlord or their agents turning up and harassing or threatening you.

There is a way through this if you can hold your nerve, be brave and seek out proper help. Good night for now.

• Heart
Becca, I'm sorry to hear all this :( You say you're in a bedsit, does the landlord live in the same building? Because if he does you may have a licence to occupy rather than a tenancy and that affects your rights. The landlord has a duty of care to all the occupants of the house to maintain it and if the condition your bedsit is in (I think you mentioned a cracked window?) is affecting the conditions of the shared parts (allowing heat to escape for example) then that may be why he's forcing entry for repairs etc. I'm not saying it's right, but he could be prosecuted for not providing a habitable dwelling if he doesn't.

I hope the new title is serious, I abandoned the MT a long time ago but money from primula would make up for not getting that money from Vlad 🤣

• Haha
Did anyone see this note on the login page?

“An update on October 3rd logged everyone out,”

I read it in the voice of Jack Bauer at the start of 24.

• Haha
So after several upsetting texts saying the fire brigade could bin my stuff, and phoning them and not getting through they turned up. They ignored the sign on the door (covid 19 high risk new poster) demanding I opened it. They need to ‘see’ me face to face. They were, I was told 10am here for main corridor only. But they demanded access. I refused. They began yelling. I managed to get someone here, literally rang and said ‘help me’. Mostly it changed then. Except after lying they wouldn’t take anything ‘were safe can be trusted’ etc etc landlord demanded I let them take stuff, no one did a thing to stop him, I was screaming through door about lying. They still tried to steal some stuff but the person I rang stopped them. They were trying to insist on coming in. Despite me saying no. Eventually they pissed off. I’ve four weeks. Because I’m so distressed, to get help. The only ‘help’ is forced entry by landlord with social work students to remove everything I own. Fire brigade kept saying ‘it’s not us we don’t do that’ like that made them trustworthy. It doesn’t.

Anyway, I’ve ended up with contact from ALL emergency services today. It’s been horrific. Still can’t rest, I try but everytime I hear something or one I think it’s them. They didn’t ring the bell just crept in and hammered on my door. I’m so grateful I barricaded it before they got here, they had my key to force entry. After they left I spoke to the person I called to help who was shocked. Landlord demanding I speak to them tomorrow. I won’t. I can’t. I beyond my limit here. The person who came got my meds and the pharmacy were really really worried after the other day (meltdown in shop).

Becca, I'm sorry to hear all this :( You say you're in a bedsit, does the landlord live in the same building? Because if he does you may have a licence to occupy rather than a tenancy and that affects your rights. The landlord has a duty of care to all the occupants of the house to maintain it and if the condition your bedsit is in (I think you mentioned a cracked window?) is affecting the conditions of the shared parts (allowing heat to escape for example) then that may be why he's forcing entry for repairs etc. I'm not saying it's right, but he could be prosecuted for not providing a habitable dwelling if he doesn't.
Landlord doesn’t live here. Don’t know if this will be spoilery too I hope so. It can’t be state of house, there’s rats in the garden they tried to blame on me (instead of the dogs mess from my neighbours dog (not allowed in building but they have one anyway) and food that’s been chucked towards the bins by upstairs and missed, anyway, there’s almost an inch from the bottom of the door to the floor. In winter it’s literally freezing.

I’ve posted so people know. Nothing more is expected so don’t worry.
---
Did anyone see this note on the login page?

“An update on October 3rd logged everyone out,”

I read it in the voice of Jack Bauer at the start of 24.
Didn’t log me out. Is that cos I’m special and a VIP now (thanks to here/Ingham thread)? Or was that when I was being checked to see human or not??

• Heart
Lads, I've never eaten Primula. I'm not even sure what it is. A tube of cheese? We don't have it here.

• Wow
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.