Food and Drink #46 Sponsored by Primula

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
hope all the thread pets are ok tonight 💙 I know tilly will be up at her house curled up in bed or behind her mam's chair

I'd thought the rain might deter the fireworks, but nope

it's not even the 5th!
Tunnel dog isn’t talking to us so fireworks are the least of her problems. She had her pre-winter “let’s stop the tummy getting wet all the bleeping time” clip this afternoon. It takes both of us now so she’s in a proper sulk.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
hope all the thread pets are ok tonight 💙 I know tilly will be up at her house curled up in bed or behind her mam's chair

it's not even the 5th!
I'm glad fireworks are illegal here for the general public. It's bad enough on Australia Day or NYE when they're planned and there's prior notice.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 15

it's not even the 5th!
One of Mine has climbed over two plant pots and a cactus to sit on top of a piece of furniture in front of the window. I’m so lucky both are completely unphased by fireworks - one liked to watch at the window in our old house.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
One of Mine has climbed over two plant pots and a cactus to sit on top of a piece of furniture in front of the window. I’m so lucky both are completely unphased by fireworks - one liked to watch at the window in our old house.
Princess doesn’t care either. She cares mainly about yoghurt and carrot distribution.

Feel for all the pets who are terrified though.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
My nan used to sit in the cupboard under the stairs on guy falwkes. For thunder too. Got bombed out during the blitz . Loud bangs scared her. Literally nothing else, un married single mother at 15 (grandad away fighting nazis) . Kept her head high. He came back. They married.

ETA, don't feel too sad for her. She was tough as. And made us all fetch and carry while she hid.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 19
This is what the coming week looks like at MCM Towers. Not really that hot but we haven't had a warm run like this in quite some. Luckily the house stays quite cool but I'll be doing all my outside things in the early morning.
Send coolios.
C5BF5598-858D-431E-99D5-27390A302ABE.jpeg

• Heart
It is 9 degrees in my bedroom right now. And not even November. Are there options beyond ditch and bonfire?
I could pop you in a well (a sort of hole with water in it dear heart ❤). Yes I have just used this same joke on the mother thread but I am very proud of it 🎩. Lots of love to all you dear ❤s xxx
---
Not to long ago I cooked ramen in a heinz big soup. Lol I'm no chef .
View attachment 2550758
I was going to ask if you were Jack, dear Chopsy McChops, but realized my mistake because if you were you would have rinsed the soup down the drain 😘

Last edited:
  • Haha
I'm glad fireworks are illegal here for the general public. It's bad enough on Australia Day or NYE when they're planned and there's prior notice.
I’m all for banning them apart from authorised displays. We’ve got LED colour change lights and stuff. The public don’t need access to exploding rockets.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I’m all for banning them apart from authorised displays. We’ve got LED colour change lights and stuff. The public don’t need access to exploding rockets.
Thats a really good point, Hotesy.

I also need to tell you that this morning when I was sitting at the table, Susan jumped up behind me and climbed up my back, lmao. She started sort of combing my hair, the little freakshow.
She's almost 10 and still behaves like a kitten, bless her.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
There's a very exclusive private garden square about 30m from my flat. Very beautiful but only property owners can have keys.

They have a massive fireworks extravaganza on 5 Nov every year and it drives my dog and all the local pets absolutely crazy. It's a built-up area so the sound just amplifies hugely.

I wrote to the chairman (very keen to emphasise that he's the chairMAN) of the square residents' association earlier this week to ask what time the bangs are timed for tomorrow so I can make sure to take my dog out of the area. I also suggested they put up a few posters locally and on local social media to warn other households in case they want to absent themselves. And mentioned that there are now several refugee hotels in our area where people traumatised by bombs might be triggered by the bangs -- suggested they liaise with local councillors to forewarn the refugee hotels so people aren't scared witless.

I received SUCH a snotty reply, basically telling me I'm a snowflake and there are no free tickets so I shouldn't bother asking.

Am very cross about it. I may lodge an official complaint with the Council this year just to make sure they get a note about it.

There is a move to do silent fireworks in some areas, using laser displays instead and I think you can now get fireworks that don't make so much noise. I'm sure we'll get there over time because there is a gradual culture shift. But I have to say this extended Hallowe'en-Bonfire-Diwali season is a trial every sodding year.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
the lidl bami goreng was lovely, but needed soy sauce

mr kcc has returned from his mother's and apparently tilly has actually hidden under the dining table 💙

and, in honour of most of us on the strictly thread hating the callum scott version, I am listening to this very loudly

• Heart
Chooey I saw your other post. That all adds up 💡

I’m sure a Jack noodle soup would involve a tin of soup, but not packet noodles, she would surely wet then cut up lasagne sheets, carefully wind around a pencil and dry them on the radiator first 🤢

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 13
the lidl bami goreng was lovely, but needed soy sauce

mr kcc has returned from his mother's and apparently tilly has actually hidden under the dining table 💙

and, in honour of most of us on the strictly thread hating the callum scott version, I am listening to this very loudly

Not available in my country apparently.
Could you invert the post so I can see?
Orrrr just tell me what it is 😊

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
Thats a really good point, Hotesy.

I also need to tell you that this morning when I was sitting at the table, Susan jumped up behind me and climbed up my back, lmao. She started sort of combing my hair, the little freakshow.
She's almost 10 and still behaves like a kitten, bless her.
One of mine got on the bed in the morning recently and started licking the front of my hair! Never done it before or since. I don’t know what he wanted 🤣

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.