Food and Drink #46 Sponsored by Primula

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
George was the best by far.
George fan here as well. It's funny, yesterday I was walking past cars at a traffic light, a woman was blasting My Sweet Lord and singing along. I gave her a thumbs up and we shared a smile. I was singing 'Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna' for the rest of the day.

I love little human moments like this.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
It's the Jurassic Park of music as far as I'm concerned.
In a way, good for them for using the technology to create something new, and it doesn't feel a million miles away from sampling, and the surviving members of the band were involved, but, it also doesn't feel a million miles away from that Black Mirror with the husband robot in the loft.

But worst of all, the bloody admin implications. Changing your will to make sure your IP isn't used against your wishes once you're gone, new laws on how it's used, who gets the income from this endeavour? Are we going to have a top 40 full of new music from dead people in 10 years time and what does that mean for new bands and artists?

Are we going to get a ChatGPT version of Edwin Drood? Unfinished Lowry sketches turned into full colour paintings? A Warhol filter for everyone's Instagram? In summary, rich people will get richer by exploiting people who did not consent to it, and for that reason, no thank you.
---
Also, lots of older artists have been selling their back catalogues to investors in the last couple of years. These commercial entities must be very happy about how things are unfolding. I wonder if the detail of those contracts takes AI into consideration.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
How are you all doing your ramen? Student-style (straight out of the pan, no judgement), in a bowl with entry-level toppings like in Ponyo, restaurant-level authentic or somewhere in between?

Reactions: 9
How are you all doing your ramen? Student-style (straight out of the pan, no judgement), in a bowl with entry-level toppings like in Ponyo, restaurant-level authentic or somewhere in between?
Noodle sandwich

Reactions: 11
I usually have stirfry veg in it from the freezer, mushrooms, maybe some prawns or chicken, sometimes coriander and spring onions for the top if I have them in and also chilli oil 😋

Reactions: 13
Mushrooms and peppers fried off, maybe some broccoli, too, if I have it. Then chuck the noodles into the same pan with some of the water, the powder mix, and a dollop of crunchy peanut butter. Stir it all through, adding a little more of the water if needed. Pop it in a bowl with some spring onions and chilli oil on top. Sesame seeds too if I’m feeling fancy.

I use a bowl, fairly wide. Cover with just enough boiling water to risk a few crunchy bits. Then microwave for 2-3 mins depending on the brand. Often throw a dash of sesame oil in the mix too. Then you have the soup and noodles for an extra filling desk lunch.

Koka stir fry flavour for the win, but all the other ones posted thus far are good. The Indomie are good too, but the chicken ones need chili oil. Nongshim extra hot are ace in the winter to fight off any germs.

Reactions: 10
Not to long ago I cooked ramen in a heinz big soup. Lol I'm no chef .
20230721_211129.jpg

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
All the above noodle combos are great but you're missing a trick if you don't add in a great whack of grated cheese. It is calorific, for sure, but makes it all creamy and delicious. And sweet chilli sauce is good too. Also a fried egg on top or a raw egg stirred through, carbonara-style.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
All the above noodle combos are great but you're missing a trick if you don't add in a great whack of grated cheese. It is calorific, for sure, but makes it all creamy and delicious. And sweet chilli sauce is good too. Also a fried egg on top or a raw egg stirred through, carbonara-style.

For me the peanut butter makes it creamy. Not sure if I fancy cheese but would give it a try. Have gone off eggs recently but used to quite like a wee fried one on top of rice or noodles.

I was going to add maggi noodles, seems another company I didn't understand the history of, swiss noodles?
I scored a load of maggi noodles from one of those clearance websites for about 2p each as the daily special, lasted
Sistema 1litre klip box with lid on, = perfect size to fit noodle tile and just cover with water; microwave 2 mins to soften- stir in a cup of peas, tin of tuna and some chilli & thai 7-spice, another 2 minutes in microwave. Eat out of box.
(I'd do it in a saucepan and serve up in bowls if making 2-3 portions)

I like mine really dry so unless they’re one you fry, I put in a Pyrex round bowl with very little water - basically enough to make them cook in the microwave but not be mush and add the flavour after if I’m feeling particularly in need of saltiness.

Reactions: 11
Orphy-B loves noodles and will accept any vegan bowls of noodley goodness. Thank you, please.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
Been away on the wall. #poortree.

I don’t have opinions on the Beatles track or noodles because I spend my time googling tit like this

• Heart
  • Haha
I swear these threads are influencing me. I had primula (ham) on bread for breakfast and having noodles for tea! lidl's bami goreng, not actually had it before. don't know why cos it sounds right up my street

• Haha
  • Heart
I swear these threads are influencing me. I had primula (ham) on bread for breakfast and having noodles for tea! lidl's bami goreng, not actually had it before. don't know why cos it sounds right up my street
Oh yes... Have ordered a bunch of noodles to try, although now I can't remember which ones.🤦‍♀️

• Haha
hope all the thread pets are ok tonight 💙 I know tilly will be up at her house curled up in bed or behind her mam's chair

I'd thought the rain might deter the fireworks, but nope

it's not even the 5th!

• Sad
  • Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.