Food and Drink #39

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
To bring over the 🧀 chat, I really like Reblochon, although my local Tesco doesn't always have it annoyingly.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Sorry, I am photo spamming today, but we had quite a bit of snow overnight and the ladies were very pleased to see me with a bucket. They're actually running towards an empty bucket because I'd already fed them at this point, but they're nothing if not hopeful! That's Little Nine leading the charge.

20230307_104838.jpg

I took rugs down convinced the boys would be needing them, but they were both toasty - the joys of hardy native ponies!

VideoCapture_20230307-110120.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Oh my word, @Falkor both your photos are perfect, wonderful, magic

I wish I had taken the photo of my Australian ponies today for contrast. In 37° warmth I found my much smaller trio in a beautiful oasis: a shady tree by the water lily filled dam. They all whinnied to me, "Come over here! It's lovely under this tree!". So I did. The sky was blue blue blue, the greens were shimmery, the air was buzzing with insects. We paddled in the dam, we had a good chat and then, because life is not a fairytale, I roused myself and went to work

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Thanks for the kind words lads, I'm going to try and keep up with at least reacting to posts on this thread. I'll leave you with this image of sideboardcat.exe crashing earlier.

malfunctioning catto.jpg

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 41
20230212_130734.jpg
20230228_092150_mfnr.jpg

Our little Spanish house and some of the residents, little Prettyboy had cat flu but is a lot better now.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 33
Bengali mustard fish from "The Roasting Tin Around the World" is really nice, ninnies.

1 cauliflower, cut into small florets
Cauliflower greens, cut into bite-size pieces
250 g cherry tomatoes on the vine
200 g frozen peas
1 red onion, thinly sliced
1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon ground coriander
1 teaspoon sea salt flakes
2 tablespoons oil
4 nice thick cod fillets
4 teaspoons Bengali, or wholegrain Dijon mustard
TO SERVE
Natural yogurt and basmati rice

Preheat the oven to 180°C fan/200°C Gas 6.
Tip the cauliflower, greens, cherry tomatoes, onion and peas into a roasting tin large enough to hold everything in one layer, and mix well with the spices, salt and oil.
Arrange the fish fillets over the vegetables, spread them with a teaspoon of mustard each, then transfer the tin to the oven and roast for 25 minutes, or until the fish is just cooked through.
Serve hot, with yogurt and rice alongside.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
feeling a bit better today lads, which may be down to the entire 900ml bottle of lucozade ive had over the day

eaten a bit more too, but it's been difficult. ham sandwich, chicken skewers, leftover lamb and chips

still falling asleep at all the wrong times though. i even dozed through lingo! 😲 so no way am i going back any time soon

tomorrow, im aiming for makeup and proper clothes, which i haven't done for a few days - im usually one of those who puts a full face on even when im not going anywhere - and getting some laundry done cos that situation is not good atm 😬

duck, im just so boring being ill!

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Silly question time, if people have dogs which constantly steal, why do they not employ a muzzle?

Reactions: 8
MC Harold liked the tea cakes as well. I offered him one then he helped himself to another whilst I was in the shower. Rude.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Hello peeps, currently under a snuggly fleece blanket on the sofa, cat snoring behind me, enjoying all the F&D animal pics and the knitting ones too! A few months ago I found my late mum's knitting among the things of hers I have now and burst into tears at the half-finished piece I found on the needles. Then I found the pattern and did cry-laughing* when I realised she was knitting a big novelty fruit tea cosy! (I must have sounded like a hysterical maniac, good job I was home alone.)

She taught me to knit and used to rescue my pathetic attempts when I was young. I treasure the things she knitted for my son when he was born, I crammed him into them for as long as possible. Something very comforting about home knitted clothes. Love to all who are finding things a struggle at the moment. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Hello peeps, currently under a snuggly fleece blanket on the sofa, cat snoring behind me, enjoying all the F&D animal pics and the knitting ones too! A few months ago I found my late mum's knitting among the things of hers I have now and burst into tears at the half-finished piece I found on the needles. Then I found the pattern and did cry-laughing* when I realised she was knitting a big novelty fruit tea cosy! (I must have sounded like a hysterical maniac, good job I was home alone.)

She taught me to knit and used to rescue my pathetic attempts when I was young. I treasure the things she knitted for my son when he was born, I crammed him into them for as long as possible. Something very comforting about home knitted clothes. Love to all who are finding things a struggle at the moment. ❤
That's such a lovely story. The fruit tea cosy is so funny!
My mum was a spinner and knitter as well, although the crafty gene skipped me.
Tomorrow marks 8 years since she passed away (it's also my brother's birthday, poor dude.) I hope she's hanging out with all the cats she loved over the years.

• Heart
Reactions: 20

Oh wow, your post, how beautiful, thank you for sharing. I love the tea cosy.

I'm just home from an IWD morning tea held at a winery in the river part of my region, run by 🍉 community service. 🍉 provided wonderful support to all after the floods. Top morning. All the attendees talked to all their table groups and not "just" to the friend/s they invited. People shared so much. We all carry a lot, you know? We can weave that lot into magic and I also think that when we need or want to, we can say "duck off, weaving".

I'm all "Wooh" about the morning.

The outdoor chairs were all draped with beautiful crochet rugs. Many commented that it was unusual on such a warm day: they were gifts for us! Made by the Sydney-based charity, Wrapped in Love. Look at my gift, it is so beautiful, I love it.

Screenshot_20230308_135842_Gallery.jpg

Having a cup of tea to recover from the sharing and warmth of women's stories and our life strength.

International Women's Day 2023. This year's theme is #EmbraceEquity
---
Facturday: All the Cs in 'Pacific Ocean' are pronounced differently.
Oh my word, I had a dream about Facturday. I dreamed that I had the most amazing fact to you all. It was about cats? In my dream I was so impressed with myself that I was agreeing with my dream self that you'd all be amazed.

I can't remember the fact. #fml

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 24

Sharing my favourite female poet today. By some weird coincidence with German subtitles.
I feel like this tale end of Winter is horrid for feeling ill, sure everyone is low on resources and sunlight.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Courtesy of Orkney Library's twitter account, today I learned there is such a thing as a sheep detective story. As in the sheep are the detectives - their shepherd is murdered and his flock, led by the cleverest sheep called Miss Maple, set out to solve the murder. And there's a little sheep drawing on the bottom corner of each right-hand page so if you flick through the book it jumps. Three Bags Full by Leonie Swann, I'm going to get it sent over to our library van!

EDIT: No I'm not, Orkney isn't part of Highland Libraries - Amazon it is!

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.