Food and Drink #39

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The absolute disappointment when a dr suggests doing bloods on me coz they have no answers, and I say I’ve just had them done 🤣
The other day one suggested referring me for psychotherapy, 😰 been having it private with a qualified certified psych for years, mate 🤣
Dealing with doctors a lot is so hit and miss. I
was told to eat more fruit when I had a ruptured ovarian cyst. Yeah, being constipated is uncomfortable but I know the difference between needing to poo and being in excruciating pain.
Today is Tunnock's day! My Harald sold some car parts so we have a bit extra this fortnight and duck it, I've been wanting to try these tea cakes since I started reading Stuart MacBride books in 2008.
It is time.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I put mine in the fridge, then take them out for a min or two before eating. I like the dome to crack as I bite…

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I put mine in the fridge, then take them out for a min or two before eating. I like the dome to crack as I bite…
whereas im not a fan of fridge chocolate. i like (some) things soft 😄

mcm, i suggest you do a fridge one and a room temperature one and report back

mind you, i dunno how hot it is down there rn, so they may just collapse at room temperature 🤷‍♀️

im very nervous that you will be underwhelmed...

• Heart
Reactions: 17

mind you, i dunno how hot it is down there rn, so they may just collapse at room temperature 🤷‍♀️

Yeah do both. Sometimes I have a soft left out one. Oftentimes I eat two in one go.

Reactions: 11
I like mine upside down because I like to squish the dome with my tongue . I am fully aware this possibly makes me a psychopath
---
Yeah do both. Sometimes I have a soft left out one. Oftentimes I eat two in one go.
Two in one go as in a Tunnocks sandwich or two in one sitting?

• Haha
Reactions: 12

I'm going to eat one on the way home, for research purposes. It's not hot today, I think it's about 17c at the moment.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
I'm excited to read what you think MCM!! I really hope they're not a disappointment.

My first car comes this week and my new cat comes next week 🙂 going to be an expensive life from now on but I'm excited for both things.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I'm going to eat one on the way home, for research purposes. It's not hot today, I think it's about 17c at the moment.

ooh, 17 sounds like bliss rn! it's 2 here and we're due snow 🙃

the way i eat them (and you all know how i like to try anything and deconstruct stuff) is nibble/lick the chocolate off, suck up the marshmallow, then be left with the disappointing digestive on the bottom

they are honestly so nice though, really ❤

• Heart
I like mine upside down because I like to squish the dome with my tongue . I am fully aware this possibly makes me a psychopath
---

Two in one go as in a Tunnocks sandwich or two in one sitting?
Yes, Bubbly-d, yes you are.
Two in a sitting! I’d make a mega tea cake with two if I had a massive gob. Alas, I am a petite pixie.

Sometimes I suck the fluff out, then collapse the dome on the ordinary biscuit base to make it nicer.

• Haha
i just want mcm to like them due to my scottish heritage. ive been to edinburgh precisely once in my life, but

have i told youse this tale? im tired and feverish, so im gonna tell it anyway

my late mother's maiden name was knox. my late grandfather grew up in dundee. he had a middle name that was his mother's maiden name as was scottish tradition. they were kinda posh in dundee, the dawson-knoxes. they eventually moved south to england. the very top of england - berwick upon tweed that has switched between being scotland and england too many times to count.

now, due to an administrative error, berwick upon tweed remained at war with russia until the 1960s

my ??great-great uncle was the dude who, as mayor of berwick, signed the treaty that ended the crimean war

no, really

wait till i tell you my other grandad's link to a war!

20230306_232700.jpg

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Chooey, that's so cool! I'm descended from the James (Black) Douglas clan and my family we're from Threave Castle. My uncle P took some great photos when he when to Scotland.
I ate one one the way home, the rest are in the fridge. My god, it was so good! Like a luxury Wagon Wheel sans jam with extra marshmallow?
Photo for posterity, including some street art by a Wurundjeri artist called Emily.
0EC1AFDA-1702-4CAB-881D-875C626721CD.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 27
huzzah!!!! im so happy! this is ridiculous!

did i just say bleeping "huzzah"?!

time for bed, chooey.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
huzzah!!!! im so happy! this is ridiculous!
I'm glad I could make you happy when you're feeling crap. I have Tunnock's and I made Chooey happy, this is a wonderful day indeed.
I'm looking forward to eating a chilled one with a cuppa soon.

• Heart
eh, im still up. i know I shouldn't be

anyhoo, here's the story of my other grandad and (kinda) war. i do feel like I may have told it before here, but idc

ive triangulated myself so much round these parts, this is very much verifiable if anyone needed to

so, while my great great uncle was signing peace treaties in berwick, at the other end of the country, my dad's dad was an antiques dealer and artist in london. his contemporaries included tony hart and r*lf h*rris. the latter even went to my dad's house one time and told him off for not saying please. thank duck nothing else happened

anyhoo. in 1969, my grandfather was commissioned to create a lil animation for the title sequence of a new sitcom about a faction of the home guard in ww2 on the south coast. as you'll all know, this is still seen on tv literally every week to this day. 🇬🇧➡🇩🇪🔀

unfortunately, he sold the rights to it straight away, instead of doing the tony hart blue peter thing of receiving a penny every time it's used and this is why my family isn't rich

at his funeral in 2014, we of course sent him behind the curtain to "who do you think you are kidding mr hitler" ✌

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Ask for bloods. Tell the dr you wanna check iron and vitamin d and that. They love doing those.
Don't know if it's just the Scottish NHS or the whole of the UK, but apparently there's a massive shortage of whatever chemical it is they use to test iron levels right now - all GPs in NHS Highland are having to get iron tests signed off by the head honcho at the main hospital in Inverness, who decides if they can happen or they can wait.

• Wow
  • Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.