Food and Drink #37 Happy New Year

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's such a shame. When they changed the chips it was awful.

We're getting a Taco Bell nearby soon (mind you it's been soon for about a year) and I've heard mixed things about the UK one, but I'm looking forward to trying it.
If you've had Taco Bell the in USA, it will be a disappointment. It's ok, but not quite the same. My guess is lower fat content, less additives and (based on the one we used to go to in Secaucus) a better food hygiene rating.

Worked about 9 hours over a period of 12 hours today so shattered. I am not used to being up before 6am anymore. Was too tired / worried about weather to cycle at 7am so not exercised myself. I have eaten a Chinese - Cantonese ribs and beef curry. It was my only food of the day so it went down very well.

Also cleaned my bike. It's so hard in the winter as I live in a terrace with small yard with no lighting. Used the kitchen and had to mop twice to clean up. Bike has a lovely shine, and smells lovely like 1980s cherry pop!

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Sandi told me, there is a mountain range on the border, and Norway was going to move the border so one mountain was in Finland.
If it was the episode with Lucy Beaumont and Rhod Gilbert where on , that was filmed early 2016, and the planned mountain gift fell through late 2016 😔

my facts this week are about Buffy the vampire slayer. Canonically, Buffy would have celebrated her 42nd birthday last Thursday. Across all 144 episodes, there where 828 deaths. Of these, 350 were human. Buddy’s own vampire slaying total was 146, which only accounts for 54% of the total slayings. which seems a pretty rubbish success rate, especially when you factor in the fact that almost a 3rd of vampire attacks ended in a siring of a new vampire rather than just a feeding.
Source- a PowerPoint presentation by Ben Lund-Conlon during an online comedy gig called Niche Humar

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
I have no exciting holiday creature pics today (we have seen turtles and lots of fish though) but does anyone know where Chelsea Handler is currently because I’m fairly sure we were sitting near her at a beach bar today.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 13

We're getting a Taco Bell nearby soon (mind you it's been soon for about a year) and I've heard mixed things about the UK one, but I'm looking forward to trying it.
We have a Taco Bell that opened last year 🍉 and I have to say I am a fan.

Reactions: 11
If it was the episode with Lucy Beaumont and Rhod Gilbert where on , that was filmed early 2016, and the planned mountain gift fell through late 2016 😔

my facts this week are about Buffy the vampire slayer. Canonically, Buffy would have celebrated her 42nd birthday last Thursday. Across all 144 episodes, there where 828 deaths. Of these, 350 were human. Buddy’s own vampire slaying total was 146, which only accounts for 54% of the total slayings. which seems a pretty rubbish success rate, especially when you factor in the fact that almost a 3rd of vampire attacks ended in a siring of a new vampire rather than just a feeding.
Source- a PowerPoint presentation by Ben Lund-Conlon during an online comedy gig called Niche Humar
I did not know that (obviously) that’s a shame. Does Lucy Beaumont pretend to be thick?

Reactions: 7

I was very excited when a nearby town got a Taco Bell - but sadly the food is horrible. The cheese sauce is the worst - no flavour at all. Just a horrible yellow goo. The chicken in the tacos or whatever is reconstituted. Never went back. Sad times.

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 12
So glad you've caught the Kate Bush train Sidey B! I recommend watching her music videos if you haven't already, she directed a few of them including the one for 'Experiment IV' which features Dawn French and Hugh Laurie. She is such a talented woman, there is truly nobody else like her and I doubt there ever will be. Also she's stunning. I don't have a laminated list but if I did, she'd be on it.

• Heart
So glad you've caught the Kate Bush train Sidey B! I recommend watching her music videos if you haven't already, she directed a few of them including the one for 'Experiment IV' which features Dawn French and Hugh Laurie. She is such a talented woman, there is truly nobody else like her and I doubt there ever will be. Also she's stunning. I don't have a laminated list but if I did, she'd be on it.

Thank you! I’ve not seen many of her videos, and really appreciate you sharing this one! It’s wild, but in a really good way. What a mind she has. I love that the (spoilers ahead) front for the experimental place was a record shop! Dawn French and Hugh Laurie are so good in it too, I didn’t expect them to have serious parts.
I totally get it now, her uniqueness is (in my eyes) a big part of what makes her such a treasure, she’s her own genre of music. And yes, so beautiful.

• Heart
I did not know that (obviously) that’s a shame. Does Lucy Beaumont pretend to be thick?
I think she definitely plays up to the idea that she’s a bit dumb and very naive for laughs, especially on tv. I watched her and John Richardson’s dating show yesterday and she was doing stuff like pretending not to know how an autocue works, which is obviously ridiculous for someone who has done quite a bit of tv ( and has a degree in drama studies ). There’s definitely a big difference in how she presents herself on tv and in her stand up gigs, and I don’t think if she was as ditzy as she comes across on tv that she would be as a good a script writer as she is . It’s really frustrating when she does it on shows like QI though because it just plays into the idea that the token women on panel show panel is there mainly for her looks rather than her brains/comic skills.
Wow, I never realised I had such strong opinions on her tbh 😂😂😂

I know this is probably blasphemy but although I love Kate Bush, and think she may be one of the most talented and genius musicians to ever walk the planet, I still prefer Placebo’s version of Running up that Hill .

• Heart
Reactions: 17
My sister used to love Kate bush when we were teenagers but I never really got her. I have appreciated her more and more as I’ve got older and took my sister to see her at Shepherd’s Bush empire a couple of years ago. She was phenomenal. Genius.

The episode of Soul Music (a radio programme/podcast about what a song means to people) about Running Up That Hill is amazing. Also she was on women’s hour quite recently

• Heart
Reactions: 14
You have my empathy/sympathy creating kidney stones slightly too small for treatment, which I have to pass naturally, is my superpower.
They can be unbelievably painful, comparable to giving birth. If you start trying to get away from your own back, go to A&E.
I know a thing or two about our humble kidney, and can confirm passing stones is known to be worse than childbirth. Sympathy-os to you x

As an aside / late facturday kidney stones are our favourite problem as they are the easiest to fix. Pass stone or zap et voila! Kidneys are complicated beasts and cause no ends of problems when they go wrong. There’s nowt more depressing than a dialysis unit.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I know a thing or two about our humble kidney, and can confirm passing stones is known to be worse than childbirth. Sympathy-os to you x

As an aside / late facturday kidney stones are our favourite problem as they are the easiest to fix. Pass stone or zap et voila! Kidneys are complicated beasts and cause no ends of problems when they go wrong. There’s nowt more depressing than a dialysis unit.
I tell you what the best development for treating them has been in recent years - Voltarol suppository. Takes the edge off enough so you can sit or lie down whilst you wait for oramorph.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
the tramadol knocked me for six yesterday, and I only had 4, through the day. How the duck s
I tell you what the best development for treating them has been in recent years - Voltarol suppository. Takes the edge off enough so you can sit or lie down whilst you wait for oramorph.
I’m allergic to NSAIDs and I’m sure the Dr I saw said I could have this due to that.

• Heart
kfc chips were always the worst of the fast food chain chips and then they made them skin-on which is just even worse!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
I think she definitely plays up to the idea that she’s a bit dumb and very naive for laughs, especially on tv. I watched her and John Richardson’s dating show yesterday and she was doing stuff like pretending not to know how an autocue works, which is obviously ridiculous for someone who has done quite a bit of tv ( and has a degree in drama studies ). There’s definitely a big difference in how she presents herself on tv and in her stand up gigs, and I don’t think if she was as ditzy as she comes across on tv that she would be as a good a script writer as she is . It’s really frustrating when she does it on shows like QI though because it just plays into the idea that the token women on panel show panel is there mainly for her looks rather than her brains/comic skills.
Wow, I never realised I had such strong opinions on her tbh 😂😂😂

I know this is probably blasphemy but although I love Kate Bush, and think she may be one of the most talented and genius musicians to ever walk the planet, I still prefer Placebo’s version of Running up that Hill .
Came here to say the same! Placebos version is just incredible, much darker sounding. She is a genius though. I only found out aboutbher by chance mid 20s from the cover of hounds of love that The Futureheads did mid 2000s (her version is better in this case but indo like both)

Interrupting food chat for an important Blep video. @traumatised sideboard please enjoy ♥
Thank you ninnies for all the Susan love 🐾

The little sticking out tongue 🥰🥰🥰🥰 apparently they just forget to put them back in 😅 My little boy does it sometimes but I have yet to get a good photo

• Heart
Is it bad that someone asked me if I’m doing anything for the rest of the month, and I panic replied just house stuff and no plans, but in my mind was thinking I’ve got two court dates each for Alice Evans and Stephen Bear to look forward to 👀
I really need to arrange to go to Lidl or something

• Haha
Reactions: 24
I don’t want to derail the main thread with more messages so I just wanted to say here to @jenny2603 and @TheDragonWithAFlagon that your recent posts were the ones that show what tattle is really like- a community where people can talk and share and help each other.

You both provide so much to the MT and I am sorry you are (and have been) going through such tough times.

When Jack is being most horrific is when this place really shows itself as a shining light. I don’t care that the influencers and instagrammers continue to post their daily “be kind” tit. Your humorous and informative posts that you give us are what it really means to be kind.

❤

• Heart
Reactions: 41
I don’t want to derail the main thread with more messages so I just wanted to say here to @jenny2603 and @TheDragonWithAFlagon that your recent posts were the ones that show what tattle is really like- a community where people can talk and share and help each other.

You both provide so much to the MT and I am sorry you are (and have been) going through such tough times.

When Jack is being most horrific is when this place really shows itself as a shining light. I don’t care that the influencers and instagrammers continue to post their daily “be kind” tit. Your humorous and informative posts that you give us are what it really means to be kind.

❤
100% this ❤

If anyone is in the mood for something completely ridiculous, this video (it’s only just over a minute long) about why He-Man rides a tiger is a good laugh.

btw, I don’t mean to be insensitive, it’s just that daft things like this help me take my mind off of things, but I know everyone is different x

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.