Food and Drink #37 Happy New Year

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Look who's returned to her rightful place as queen of Sideboard Towers. She says happy belated bday to Susan!

View attachment 1902196
This makes me very happy! So lovely to see her face, and I am delighted she's back with you.

Got very cold earlier cycling. Lovely skies though.

IMG_20230122_202349.jpg

No prizes sadly, but any Scouse / Scouse adjacent recognize the location?

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Some of the babies met their new owners this weekend before collection next month… look at this sweet moment where this one chose her new mum 🐱🥰
C7AD85B9-3BC7-449E-ADDD-578221256BDD.jpeg

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
This makes me very happy! So lovely to see her face, and I am delighted she's back with you.

Got very cold earlier cycling. Lovely skies though.

View attachment 1902780

No prizes sadly, but any Scouse / Scouse adjacent recognize the location?
That picture is stunning! It’s not just the sky, you’ve got a great eye for a photograph.

Love to all the adorable cats and kittens here this evening! And yaaay welcome home lovely Sideboard Cat!! 😻

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Some of the babies met their new owners this weekend before collection next month… look at this sweet moment where this one chose her new mum 🐱🥰View attachment 1903073
Omg I’m always broody for kittens and this isn’t helping 😂
A year or two ago we had short term neighbours with a little black kitten who used to come into our place to follow our black cat around. He was OBSESSED and would not leave our poor boy alone. It was absolutely hilarious. Our other cat used to just sit and laugh, I swear.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
Our neighbours dog has been missing for 3 days , we honestly feared the worst till tonight she told us she has found him . I just burst out into tears in relief knowing her boy is back with his mum and dad. Give all you dogs and cats a extra cuddle today

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I got a takeaway for tea to try and cheer Mr D up ( he’s only been in his new job a week and absolutely hates it 😔) . Even though I chose an incredibly mild tikka masala, not only am I now paying for it with the worst indigestion I have ever experienced , I also can’t sleep because I’m not 100% sure if I’m having mild braxton hicks contractions or if I need to do a high speed night waddle to the loo 🤦‍♀️ Sorry , that’s probably tmi 😂

Please send gaviscon-os 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
I got a takeaway for tea to try and cheer Mr D up ( he’s only been in his new job a week and absolutely hates it 😔) . Even though I chose an incredibly mild tikka masala, not only am I now paying for it with the worst indigestion I have ever experienced , I also can’t sleep because I’m not 100% sure if I’m having mild braxton hicks contractions or if I need to do a high speed night waddle to the loo 🤦‍♀️ Sorry , that’s probably tmi 😂

Baking powder works for indigestion

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I’ve already had the maximum daily dose of rennies otherwise I would be throwing back the baking soda with such abandon, you would think I was measuring out msg for a ketchup recipe 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 20

In regards to Mr D’s job, did he leave his last place on good terms? It’s taking companies a lot longer to backfill and more expense, his position may still be available? Unsure of the background, but also know how awful it is to start a job you hate. A company I worked at used to call their (good) previous employees 2 weeks after they left to see how they were settling in. Alternatively it’s a candidate led market in many fields at the moment, which is good news for those looking for work.
I recall the days of downing gaviscon in bed, I feel for you!

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Oh @BubbleDuck when they handed me my son after waking up from the anaesthetic (emergency section last resort) I didn’t say oh wow look at my beautiful baby thank you for saving our lives… I took him and said… “I haven’t got heartburn!” 💕🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
100% this ❤

If anyone is in the mood for something completely ridiculous, this video (it’s only just over a minute long) about why He-Man rides a tiger is a good laugh.

btw, I don’t mean to be insensitive, it’s just that daft things like this help me take my mind off of things, but I know everyone is different x

That guy is a genius. Just brilliant.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Fact finding - is it ok to mention a dog rescue charity and their affiliate link to Amazon here?
They do fantastic work in looking after the dogs no one wants/can’t be rehomed because of their problems.
They are in West Wales, in a location which is regularly flooded, and they can’t afford to move. They have fund raising “events “, but could always do with extra money (they have high vets bills because of the ages and problems the dogs have).

• Heart
Reactions: 11
In regards to Mr D’s job, did he leave his last place on good terms? It’s taking companies a lot longer to backfill and more expense, his position may still be available? Unsure of the background, but also know how awful it is to start a job you hate. A company I worked at used to call their (good) previous employees 2 weeks after they left to see how they were settling in. Alternatively it’s a candidate led market in many fields at the moment, which is good news for those looking for work.
I recall the days of downing gaviscon in bed, I feel for you!
He works in aviation, and has stayed with the same airline just swapped from long haul to short haul which has also meant a shift of bases. There is shortages across the industry so he probably could go back to long haul pretty easily.
Oh @BubbleDuck when they handed me my son after waking up from the anaesthetic (emergency section last resort) I didn’t say oh wow look at my beautiful baby thank you for saving our lives… I took him and said… “I haven’t got heartburn!” 💕🤣
I’m prone to heartburn anyway because I have a terrible diet , drink far too many fizzy drinks and when not pregnant, am an occasional smoker , but I’m very much looking forward to it not being 24/7 !!!

only a few weeks to go then I can swap my pregnancy insomnia for newborns insomnia 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 26
We have a bit of a tendency for acid reflux in my family. Sis and Mum both take omeprazole (spelling?) but I manage on the occasional TUMS chewable. America has a great range of antacids and I always try and pick some up if I'm out there. Can really recommend if you have mild indigestion/heartburn issues.

I remember when I used to be able to drink prosecco with no side effects 😭 Now I can't even touch a single glass

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
My last one was a self-administered swab, much easier and I didn't cry.
I’m only going because my self-administered swab was positive for HPV and it never has before …ugh. Wish I could get drunk before hand but since I’m working and then picking up my son - probs not a good idea.

@houseofhoop we can dread together

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.