Food and Drink #37 Happy New Year

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I would love to go to Japan. All the family would. So expensive. I've been looking at trips - it's about 8k in flights alone.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
@HotesTilaire fank you for the new Fred! It’s so fresh and new! Those trousers don’t look so humiliating now!

@Vanelope you totally “completed it mate” with NYE in Tokyo, can understand why you wouldn’t try to better it.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I would love to go to Japan. All the family would. So expensive. I've been looking at trips - it's about 8k in flights alone.
Can you leave the family at home? 😉
I went to Japan a few years ago, 2 weeks definitely wasn't enough time! Bought far too much lovely stationery and have not had the heart to use it because it's too nice...

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
I lived there for a bit - never managed to get back so desperate to take family and kids although would be v different experience!! I used to get flights for £450 return via Paris - oh the pre financial crisis world!!

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I lived there for a bit - never managed to get back so desperate to take family and kids although would be v different experience!! I used to get flights for £450 return via Paris - oh the pre financial crisis world!!
I’m not sure I’d cope there. I don’t do well with eastern Asian countries as a rule (I’m too loud, fat, sarcastic etc) then there’s the food. I knew a girl at uni whose boyfriend was doing a year teaching English, she went for a week and spent the whole time eating in MaccyD’s and crying. I think that would be me tbh,

• Heart
  • Haha
I’ve never been to Asia, so it’s whole continent I’d love to even see part of someday, same with Africa. I’ve never been to any of the cold continents at the poles, but I’m ok with that, I couldn’t handle the cold.

It’s the last Facturday of the year!
This one blew my mind. The Doctor wasn’t originally meant to be the main character in Doctor Who! The producers meant for one of the companions in the very first shows to be the star!

From TV Tropes.

Believe it not, the Doctor himself qualifies. True, he's the title character and his actor got top billing, but the producers had always intended for the show's protagonist to be Ian Chesterton, the dashing science teacher and man of action who served as one of the Doctor's first companions. The Doctor was envisioned as part mentor figure and guide and part instigator whose curiosity and alien interests caused trouble the others would have to resolve. Thanks to William Hartnell's authoritative performance, however, the Doctor quickly took over the show, and stories began to revolve around him starting with the second season. It helped of course that all of the original cast members except for the Doctor left in the second season, leaving the Doctor as more of a familiar audience identification figure compared to all of the newer cast that came in.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Happy new year Fraus, it’s a blessed day.
I got my VIP status 🎉 I’d like to thank Jack Monroe, Brummy Mummy, Demi donnelly, Marcus Mitchell, Rebecca Lamb, Mrs Hinch and Stacey Solomon in that order.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 32
Happy New Year to you all. Hope 2023 is an amazing one for you all ❤
I have been awake since 2.30 so plan to get home from work later and go straight to bed. If the fireworks go on past 12.30 I will be that grumpy old woman shouting "Some of us have to work tomorrow ya bastards" outta the window like a banshee 😂🎉

• Haha
Facturday for fans of The Simpsons! All the little snippets of the 'McBain' films actually go together to make a little movie. Some nerd has put it together so you don't have to.

• Heart
  • Wow
Happy NY MCM. May your gravy crisp bowl be forever overflowing.

I’d love to go to Japan. There are a couple of places that we have promised ourselves we will go to when we are free to (we don’t talk about what that means 🐾🥺) and the house stuff is done. We/I’ve gone to to Singapore/Bali/a very small Indonesian island where spiders almost killed me. I’m not exaggerating. Well, maybe a bit.

Japan though, sigh. Nigemate was there recently and I know the way he writes and presents makes everything look amazing but it looked like a massage for the soul.

In other news, also on Jan 5th (🔥🎉🎊)bored of lunch is releasing his new book- healthy slow cooker recipes. @Emmapism mentioned having something of his today.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
452C56FB-11A5-481D-92F9-A6A3A2376C13.jpeg
The snacks are all gone and it's only 6 pm. I'm actually married to a plague of locusts,

Susan in her new spot in the sun, check out the Salvador Dali whiskers.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Happy new year fraus! I’m quite relieved this time is drawing to a close, as although I asked for and strived for a v quiet, low key festive period, family dramas seeped in. And then I got a horrific bout of lurgy which has bedbound me til today 😂😵💫 tbh I think it was my body yelling ENOUGH! TO BED! 😂😂

sending hugs to all who need them, who survived the festivities and all they bring. Thanks to whoever posted year compass! I am going to hopefully drag myself up and make some lucky lentils. My dry jan unintentionally started a few days early as well, so hooray for freshness! May do some yoga like a wholesome beast.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Happy new year fraus! I’m quite relieved this time is drawing to a close, as although I asked for and strived for a v quiet, low key festive period, family dramas seeped in. And then I got a horrific bout of lurgy which has bedbound me til today 😂😵💫 tbh I think it was my body yelling ENOUGH! TO BED! 😂😂

sending hugs to all who need them, who survived the festivities and all they bring. Thanks to whoever posted year compass! I am going to hopefully drag myself up and make some lucky lentils. My dry jan unintentionally started a few days early as well, so hooray for freshness! May do some yoga like a wholesome beast.
I imagined an actual Grizzly stretching out then. I love bears and I hope you feel better soon ♥

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I’m looking forward to Bored Of Lunch air fryer book the recipes I’ve done from him so far have been great.

Happy New Year everyone! 🎉 I hope everyone has a lovely evening whether you’re staying in or going out out. I’m another who isn’t keen on the forced fun best night ever vibe of new year so usually offer to work. Now evening work isn’t a necessity in my new job I could do anything I want tonight..except I still have to be up at 5.45am to work tomorrow so we will be watching a film, eating snacks and hoping all the neighbours will be doing the same so it isn’t too noisy!

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Happy new year everyone! I very much dislike leaving the house in the evenings at the best of times, so definitely don’t like a NYE outing. We are meeting friends for a (very wet) walk this afternoon and then cooking a nice meal together this evening. Bed by 10 obviously.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Thank you so much @MaineCoonMama ❤ I feel much better today but have been off my food so wouldn’t do well at the fat bear awards rn 😭

I’m very much on the staying in vibe - last time we went out was probably 2016 in some ill fated south london mission which we were probably already too old for. Hoping your socks are cosy, your nights are early, and your bits are nibbly 😂

ETA thank you to the mods - finally I have a holiday thing that fits!

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I love Japanese food - I'm pretty good at cooking Japanese rice and I can make chicken kara-age. I think we've mentioned the Just Bento book on these threads before - but that's a great place to start. My family love the pork and ginger meatballs wrapped up in Chinese cabbage leaves and poached in stock. They are fiddly and time consuming but so delicious.

I went to a bit of a gimmicky Ramen place in London with my tween who absolutely loved it - it has Manga murals all over the walls and one customer that walked in past us was an actual full-on Loli girl.

For a tourist trap type place the food was pretty good - https://www.uzumakilondon.com

TK-2011-06-04-011-001-Harajuku-600x900.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.